Receptions per game: Julio 6.2, Dez 4.7
Yards per game: Julio 96.1, Dez 66.0
Catch rate: Julio 63%, Dez 58%
Yards per catch: Julio 15.5, Dez 14.1
TDs per game: Dez .65, Julio .45

Over 16 games average
Julio: 74 rec, 1152 yards, 5.4 TDs
Dez: 56 rec, 792 yards, 7.8 TDs.

I don't think your season averages are right.

DFWJC

Reaction score
For anyone that cares, here are Dez and Julio's comps

Receptions per game: Julio 6.2, Dez 4.7
Yards per game: Julio 96.1, Dez 66.0
Catch rate: Julio 63%, Dez 58%
Yards per catch: Julio 15.5, Dez 14.1
TDs per game: Dez .65, Julio .45

Over 16 games average
Julio: 99rec, 1537 yards, 7.2 TDs
Dez: 75rec, 1056 yards, 10.3 TDs. .
Fixed the 16 game ave

Cowboysrgv85

Reaction score
To the point of the topic, too early to say. He looks like he's growing into his "NFL skin" but we'll see.

Matt Ryan is overrated. But I wouldn't say SO over rated. He's had some post season success.

Flacco, now that's an overrated quarterback.

kskboys

Reaction score
ok right its extreme sarcasm but. 2targets o catches....im guessing Gallup will be just as good hahahaha the best WR in the draft couldn’t help with Julio and Sanu attracting all that attention and a great qb. Nothing in the red zone. Why hes was projected as the best in the draft...if this was us he be getting flack hmm
Did you, by any chance, learn anything?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To the point of the topic, too early to say. He looks like he's growing into his "NFL skin" but we'll see.

Matt Ryan is overrated. But I wouldn't say SO over rated. He's had some post season success.

Flacco, now that's an overrated quarterback.

We would be winning football games if we had a QB that "overrated." Ridley's production is directly proportional to his targets. The Atlanta offense is pretty lethal now with Julio healthy. Ridley, Julio, and Sanu are one of the top 3 WR tandems in the NFL, and Ryan can get them the ball.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ok right its extreme sarcasm but. 2targets o catches....im guessing Gallup will be just as good hahahaha the best WR in the draft couldn’t help with Julio and Sanu attracting all that attention and a great qb. Nothing in the red zone. Why hes was projected as the best in the draft...if this was us he be getting flack hmm

You should give up player analysis as a self-imposed punishment for this ridiculously wrong opinion.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You should give up player analysis as a self-imposed punishment for this ridiculously wrong opinion.
I was being facetious bro, how about reading into the sarcasm.. its no different then any of these fans declaring bad draft picks before they play snap here for our cowboys or all of our WR and TEs are bad before a real sample size go.. Just because the falcons finally started targeting Ridley still doesnt make LVE/Gallup a bad picks..big difference Falcons have two other WR that are drawing attention and the falcons offense with Ryan like to sling the football.. Gallup is and will be unfairly judged due to this offense lack of other weapons including a QB or OC to create plays..my POINT WAS PEOPLE KNEEJERK BOTH DIRECTIONS WAY TOO EARLY..it takes about 3 years to determine draft pics maybe 4-5 depending on the situation..See Jsmith hes finally starting to come into his own yet fans keep harping on he was bad pick, but we are now deep at LB because of it.. Given Lees constant injury LVE was great choice even if it takes while for him to grow into a Sean Lee type..he has the tools..IMO Ridely was 2nd round pick and taking him at 19 with our other needs and given our QB cant see open receivers or cant hit them, or when he does they have to stop and be flat footed, big plays just are few and far between..having LVE at this point still was the better choice..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was being facetious bro, how about reading into the sarcasm.. its no different then any of these fans declaring bad draft picks before they play snap here for our cowboys or all of our WR and TEs are bad before a real sample size go.. Just because the falcons finally started targeting Ridley still doesnt make LVE/Gallup a bad picks..big difference Falcons have two other WR that are drawing attention and the falcons offense with Ryan like to sling the football.. Gallup is and will be unfairly judged due to this offense lack of other weapons including a QB or OC to create plays..my POINT WAS PEOPLE KNEEJERK BOTH DIRECTIONS WAY TOO EARLY..it takes about 3 years to determine draft pics maybe 4-5 depending on the situation..See Jsmith hes finally starting to come into his own yet fans keep harping on he was bad pick, but we are now deep at LB because of it.. Given Lees constant injury LVE was great choice even if it takes while for him to grow into a Sean Lee type..he has the tools..IMO Ridely was 2nd round pick and taking him at 19 with our other needs and given our QB cant see open receivers or cant hit them, or when he does they have to stop and be flat footed, big plays just are few and far between..having LVE at this point still was the better choice..

Then perhaps you should give up sarcasm. :oldcouple:

LVE looks good. But, which side of the ball do you think needs more help?

kskboys

Reaction score
Well then great stuff, dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Then perhaps you should give up sarcasm. :oldcouple:

LVE looks good. But, which side of the ball do you think needs more help?
you cant READ either , this is a wasteland for a WR right now Ridley would be a bust here , he has no one on the other side or in the middle drawing attention and his OC sux.. need I keep repeating myself..ridley has one good game with that team and now we should have drafted him? hes third on their depth chart with JJ and Seenu drawing attention and seeing a 3rd string single man coverage with a QB who like to fling it at all costs.. hed be doubled here and get the best CB and even when he beat his man , our QB would not see him, already be sacked, or get a worm burner.. have you not been watching.. apparently not Dez was right I realize he dropped a lot of passes but I saw him wide open and upset A LOT because Dak never saw him or threw terrible passes// CR would not have helped and again one good game and you guys RUN back to a decaying thread....LMAO??

Brice butler will have to due for now..another guy to get open and be missed or not seen at all

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you cant READ either , this is a wasteland for a WR right now Ridley would be a bust here , he has no one on the other side or in the middle drawing attention and his OC sux.. need I keep repeating myself..ridley has one good game with that team and now we should have drafted him? hes third on their depth chart with JJ and Seenu drawing attention and seeing a 3rd string single man coverage with a QB who like to fling it at all costs.. hed be doubled here and get the best CB and even when he beat his man , our QB would not see him, already be sacked, or get a worm burner.. have you not been watching.. apparently not Dez was right I realize he dropped a lot of passes but I saw him wide open and upset A LOT because Dak never saw him or threw terrible passes// CR would not have helped and again one good game and you guys RUN back to a decaying thread....LMAO??

Brice butler will have to due for now..another guy to get open and be missed or not seen at all

Ridley has 11 catches and 4 TDs on 15 targets. Thats really impressive especially for a rookie playing 3rd fiddle.

That said, i'm not a Dak fan.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ridley has 11 catches and 4 TDs on 15 targets. Thats really impressive especially for a rookie playing 3rd fiddle.

That said, i'm not a Dak fan.
all really in one game..but again He would be no better then Gallup on this team, im betting you put Galluo over there and hes farther ahead now..yes Dak, OC, HC, no other threats on the other side and well all of it :))

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
all really in one game..but again He would be no better then Gallup on this team, im betting you put Galluo over there and hes farther ahead now..yes Dak, OC, HC, no other threats on the other side and well all of it :))

His second game was better than any current cowboy wr has put up. The rest is conjecture. But i'll take the 2nd WR off the board over the 9th. There is a talent difference, and I know Ridley played against the best in college.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's like I kept saying leading up to the draft...
Calvin Ridley was getting the pre-draft Joey Bosa treatment of hyper, undeserved criticism.
People get bored and start dissecting obviously good players, and especially if they have been on the national stage in =college for a couple of years.

People were all adopting their new pet cats and some even calling Ridley a bit of a JAG....yet when you watched him play, he looked like a 1st round player. Maybe not a Julio or AJ Green 1st round guy, but a 1st round guy nevertheless. Mid to late 1st rounder.