Call it now... with their 1st round pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Keep 'em coming fellas. Some of you folks who voted "other" should list your choice and claim your Mel Kiper draft guru status when it comes time. ;)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Dallas has several options that they can look at with the 18th pick including trading out of the 18th pick. This is not like having a top 5 pick where only 6 of 7 guys could be justified at that pick. At 18 there are a lot more options that both represents BPA and fill a need.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I have a feeling it is going to be Cromartie. Don't get me wrong -- I think he has the potential to be the best CB in this draft. But his lack of PT worries me.

Though if Justice or Lawson are on the board it would have to be one of them.

Weber

Reaction score
Chad Greenway. His stats are as good as A.J. Hawks with the exception of his sack total and the only reason for that is the Iowa doesn't blitz.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Weber said:
Chad Greenway. His stats are as good as A.J. Hawks with the exception of his sack total and the only reason for that is the Iowa doesn't blitz.

I'm hearing a lot of buzz about Greenway looking better as a 4-3 guy.

wxcpo

Reaction score
I think they trade down and depending who is gone by the time they are set to pick after their initial trade they may make another trade and completely trade out of round 1 all together. I just think that guys like Huff, Justice and Lawson, who would be great value at 18, will be gone. Others like Whitner, Carpenter and Williams are a reach at 18. If they move down to a late 1st rounder though and either one is available then I can see Carpenter or Whitner wearing a star next year.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
You can only trade down if someone wants to trade up -- the phrase I hear about picks 11-25ish is "flat" -- meaning there isn't much difference between those guys -- not many teams are going to want to move up for the same sort of quality that they can get with their own picks