Call it now... with their 1st round pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys...

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
theogt said:
Personally I'd rather not get "cute" as another poster put it and just draft the best OLB available at #18.

since the man in ur signature isnt going to be there that is not possible :D. we will see draft day, there might be some key factors in trading down. either way id like to see carpenter on our team unless lawson is available, and if we could get carpenter in a trade down it would be awesome to acquire another 3rd rounder.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
DB JASON ALLEN, Tennessee
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
1 0.65%

Ahh, I see Mel Kiper is a member at CZ:laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
since the man in ur signature isnt going to be there that is not possible :D. we will see draft day, there might be some key factors in trading down. either way id like to see carpenter on our team unless lawson is available, and if we could get carpenter in a trade down it would be awesome to acquire another 3rd rounder.
I would say the likelihood of him being there at #18 is 80%. There are only two teams that will take him before us, Browns and Miami. He's a reach at #12 considering their other possible picks at that point and Miami is looking at other positions. Miami is also still a big contender with LaVar, which would shore up their LB need.

Someone else mentioned the possibility of another team trading up ahead of us to pick him up but I dont' see that as a possibility. Who would do that? NE? Very doubtful.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
photo01.jpg

Hmmm....

from the looks of this photo, Carpenter has the rare ability to levitate. That skill could be prove to be a useful asset for the Cowboys if he can somehow harness it into flying...

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
theogt said:
I would say the likelihood of him being there at #18 is 80%. There are only two teams that will take him before us, Browns and Miami. He's a reach at #12 considering their other possible picks at that point and Miami is looking at other positions. Miami is also still a big contender with LaVar, which would shore up their LB need.

Someone else mentioned the possibility of another team trading up ahead of us to pick him up but I dont' see that as a possibility. Who would do that? NE? Very doubtful.

i said that haha, but i was just saying that, just because of the fact that you cant rule out a team trading up. btw NE wouldnt trade up for a LB since 1 would either fall to them or they would draft Laurence Maroney or another RB.

id love to see manny lawson on our team and all, but if we have the choice of carpenter or wimbley id like to trade down since most of the teams that draft between us and the bangels are in need of a DB/RB/Big DE.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
photo01.jpg

Hmmm....

from the looks of this photo, Carpenter has the rare ability to levitate. That skill could be prove to be a useful asset for the Cowboys if he can somehow harness it into flying...

:lmao: :lmao:

We should draft David Blaine too.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
If our choice is carpenter or wimbley at 18 I hope we take Carpenter and call it a day. Well, til our 2nd round pick comes up.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Id be happy with manny, but i dont' understand why he is getting all this love around here!

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
theogt said:
If our choice is carpenter or wimbley at 18 I hope we take Carpenter and call it a day. Well, til our 2nd round pick comes up.

ahhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhh............ahhhhhhhhh

your kililng me today

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
I love wimbley, and our talk over W. Justice

i was kidding though i think you have some great points.
Thanks. Sell me on Wimbley over Capenter.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
I have seen both play, Wimbley is more powerfull, and he can stand or play down while carpenter can only stand. Wimbley is a better pass rusher and when i watch both play i like the aggresive style Wimbley plays. That said, I'd be happy with either.

Or your boy Manny.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
I have seen both play, Wimbley is more powerfull, and he can stand or play down while carpenter can only stand. Wimbley is a better pass rusher and when i watch both play i like the aggresive style Wimbley plays. That said, I'd be happy with either.

Or your boy Manny.
Ditto. Any of the three i would be happy with. I just hope we get at least one of them.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a trade down.

But if not, I say Santanio Holmes because ...

1. This draft is loaded with OL/OG, who can be had in the second round.

2. This draft is deep with OLB, who can be had in the second round.

3. This draft is not deep in receivers.

4. The Cowboys need insurance for Glenn and a TO meltdown.

5. It takes receivers longer to develop so why not start now.

6. Holmes can play special teams, and he can always be rotated into the line up as the third receiver.

7. We've invested four first round picks (Roy in 2002) (Newman in 2003) (traded to Bills in 2004) and (Ware and Spears in 2005), and now we need to take care of offense.

8. Jerry Jones saw what Moss did to the Cowboys, and I think the thought of teaming Holmes with TO, Glenn and Witten may be too tempting to overlook.
Get ready for our offensive explosion.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
My guy isn't on the list. I think (hope really) he falls to the Brodrick Bunkley 18th pick. Hoefully we get lucky to years in a row.Last year Spears was a gift. Get Bunkley along with Thomas to work behind Ferguson for a year. We could have a scary rotation for years to come on the Dline.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
I'm hoping for a trade down.

But if not, I say Santanio Holmes because ...

1. This draft is loaded with OL/OG, who can be had in the second round.

2. This draft is deep with OLB, who can be had in the second round.

3. This draft is not deep in receivers.

4. The Cowboys need insurance for Glenn and a TO meltdown.

5. It takes receivers longer to develop so why not start now.

6. Holmes can play special teams, and he can always be rotated into the line up as the third receiver.

7. We've invested four first round picks (Roy in 2002) (Newman in 2003) (traded to Bills in 2004) and (Ware and Spears in 2005), and now we need to take care of offense.

8. Jerry Jones saw what Moss did to the Cowboys, and I think the thought of teaming Holmes with TO, Glenn and Witten may be too tempting to overlook.
Get ready for our offensive explosion.

1. holmes = no because he is the best reciever in a weak WR class, why would you waste a pick on him?

2. since we dont have 2 picks in the second to draft the two "deep" positions, we are going to have to take 1 of them in the first.

3. why dont you acknowledge that we have crayton, he is a solid special teamer and runs good routes, can go across the middle and is only in his third year. id rather be fill a starting position with our 1st pick than get some #3 or #4 reciever.

4. doesnt matter how many picks we've invested, BPA that fits our scheme, holmes shouldnt be looked at - like i said #3 or #4 at best.