Call Me CRAZY BUT...

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
ilovejerry;1151808 said:
Cardinals..... Your joking right, I would have flushed my head in the toilet if I was a fan of that LOSER organization, Please , Chi-town all but gift wrapped that game, I don't care about Gambling, player stats or any fantasy football team, I care about the Cowboys, Again say what you want 8-8 9-7 you told me about Commanders game, I will go down with the ship or parade across the yellow brick road with this team, "You gotta believe Brad "! Quick who's is that ? anyone ? anyone ?.​

AMERICAS TEAM BABY !!!!!!!!​

OK so when we are hosting a playoff game who is paying for my flight and ticket?

C​

That would Charlie Waters. "You gotta love the Cowboys, thier the most exicting team in the NFL"

Love your enthusiasm.
I also believe they can, oops I mean will go 8-0!

For me its all about Romo. I have a rediculous level of confidence in this kid. Starting to think he's a lot better than any of us realize right now.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Wasn't meant for you. From Your Sig Picture I can tell your my kind of Cowboy Fan.
Captain America! Rules
Keep up the support brother

9-7 is not a bad record as long as we are improving, But I think this team is better then that.
C

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Sonny Boy you are a Winner !!! "GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR". Man I thought I was on an island over here. YES Charlie Waters.
I also Love what I see out of Romo, I concur with your assessment of him, I also believe our defense will tighten up and really get ready for the Playoffs, As long as we stay HE*****Y I dare not say it or write it I think we will pull through this crazy season. Again the Giant game is going to loom large.
SONNY BOY, You have my respect as a Cowboy fan.
Corey

ilovejerry

Reaction score
It worked in Carolina, Its coming , so is Christmas, ( get it ?) I guess humor doesn't work on the computer but hey I tried
C

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Crazy, you should change your name to: iloveromo. Because it seems like most of your reasoning is based on him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ilovejerry;1151972 said:
Wasn't meant for you. From Your Sig Picture I can tell your my kind of Cowboy Fan.
Captain America! Rules
Keep up the support brother

9-7 is not a bad record as long as we are improving, But I think this team is better then that.
C

Fair enough. I think we have the potential to be great but I think all young teams must suffer the learning curve of learning how to win. I see great things for our team. Just not this year.

To be honest, I am happy to see us finally on the right path. I'm excited and I believe that we are going to be champions in the not too distant future.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Whats your point, I dont get it? I love any QB thats going to lead my Team. Romo has done a good job so far, and i'm excited about him, so again what's your point?

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Yes ABQ,
That's what I also feel I'm excited and think were on our way as well , once these guys get a taste of winning and some confidence, the Sky's the limit.
The pressure on this team is incredible, I don't think any other team has this kind of pressure or media coverage, So I as a lifelong Cowboy fan choose not to bash them or add to the negativity that I see day to day on here, I enjoy watching them weekly and have a new view on them with Tony Romo its like a breath off fresh air. lets hope they pull it together.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1151990 said:
Fair enough. I think we have the potential to be great but I think all young teams must suffer the learning curve of learning how to win. I see great things for our team. Just not this year.

To be honest, I am happy to see us finally on the right path. I'm excited and I believe that we are going to be champions in the not too distant future.

You know, I'm excited about the future too... I think there's a great foundation here.

That said, I don't know why... in my mind I feel a sense of urgency this season. I don't know if Parcells is gonna stick around, and I guess I had resigned in my mind that the TO thing was a one year thing.

If Parcells retires then I don't think we'll win the Super Bowl with a new coach in his first season. And I'm pretty sure TO won't be here in year 3 of his deal, especially if a new coach comes in. I could be wrong, just how I feel.

Then if a new coach comes in, we have new systems possibly, and we could end up wasting all this young talent we have... meaning by the time we adapt to new systems, we could be seeing Roy, TNew, Flo, James, etc. getting up there in age.

Maybe that sense of urgency is skewing my outlook on the future, I don't know... anyone else feel like if we DON'T get it done this year, it will be a long hard road??

phillycard

Reaction score
ilovejerry;1152002 said:
Yes ABQ,
That's what I also feel I'm excited and think were on our way as well , once these guys get a taste of winning and some confidence, the Sky's the limit.
The pressure on this team is incredible, I don't think any other team has this kind of pressure or media coverage, So I as a lifelong Cowboy fan choose not to bash them or add to the negativity that I see day to day on here, I enjoy watching them weekly and have a new view on them with Tony Romo its like a breath off fresh air. lets hope they pull it together.

Ilove, there's a difference between bashing and being realistic. Hey, far be it for me to tell you what to say or think about your team, but as a fan of the NFL, and an avid watcher of football, I don't see where you can base your reasoning. This team has the POTENTIAL to be damn good, and is to me still the best team in the East, but you gotta prove it on gameday. That's all. No need to bash my team in the process, as I said nothing bad about the Boys, just that I disagree with you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
peplaw06;1152008 said:
You know, I'm excited about the future too... I think there's a great foundation here.

That said, I don't know why... in my mind I feel a sense of urgency this season. I don't know if Parcells is gonna stick around, and I guess I had resigned in my mind that the TO thing was a one year thing.

If Parcells retires then I don't think we'll win the Super Bowl with a new coach in his first season. And I'm pretty sure TO won't be here in year 3 of his deal, especially if a new coach comes in. I could be wrong, just how I feel.

Then if a new coach comes in, we have new systems possibly, and we could end up wasting all this young talent we have... meaning by the time we adapt to new systems, we could be seeing Roy, TNew, Flo, James, etc. getting up there in age.

Maybe that sense of urgency is skewing my outlook on the future, I don't know... anyone else feel like if we DON'T get it done this year, it will be a long hard road??

I don't know that this is BPs last year or if he will stick around. I believe that he could stick around but I don't know. If he goes, I think it's OK. I think we'll bring somebody in who can pick up where he leaves off and be succesful. The one nice thing about our talent defensively is that if we did bring in a new coach and that coach did elect to change the defense, we could easily move to a 43 and be succesful IMO. Our talent lends itself to either scheme IMO. Offensively, if TO says, fine. If he goes, that's probably OK too. I think he will stay if only because he's having success here. Our QB is going to get better and TO has a chance to win a championship with this team. I think he can see that. I mean, you look at all the drops he's had and we are still top 5 in the NFL offensively. If he stays, that's great but if he goes there could be upside to that as well. I guess I just feel like there's time.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
ilovejerry;1151980 said:
Sonny Boy you are a Winner !!! "GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR". Man I thought I was on an island over here. YES Charlie Waters.
I also Love what I see out of Romo, I concur with your assessment of him, I also believe our defense will tighten up and really get ready for the Playoffs, As long as we stay HE*****Y I dare not say it or write it I think we will pull through this crazy season. Again the Giant game is going to loom large.
SONNY BOY, You have my respect as a Cowboy fan.
Corey

I appreicate that.
I******s staying h*****y are much being concerns to me than anyone on our schedule.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1152022 said:
I don't know that this is BPs last year or if he will stick around. I believe that he could stick around but I don't know. If he goes, I think it's OK. I think we'll bring somebody in who can pick up where he leaves off and be succesful. The one nice thing about our talent defensively is that if we did bring in a new coach and that coach did elect to change the defense, we could easily move to a 43 and be succesful IMO. Our talent lends itself to either scheme IMO. Offensively, if TO says, fine. If he goes, that's probably OK too. I think he will stay if only because he's having success here. Our QB is going to get better and TO has a chance to win a championship with this team. I think he can see that. I mean, you look at all the drops he's had and we are still top 5 in the NFL offensively. If he stays, that's great but if he goes there could be upside to that as well. I guess I just feel like there's time.

OK, you're talking me down a little... what about Terry Glenn? Do you think he'll be here if BP and Bledsoe are gone?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
peplaw06;1152026 said:
OK, you're talking me down a little... what about Terry Glenn? Do you think he'll be here if BP and Bledsoe are gone?

Yeah. He's got a contract and he's going to play it out IMO. I think it's important that we start drafting to fill WR now but I think TG is a pro and he will do the right thing. Now, when his contract is up, who can say. Then again, we don't know that he will even be a guy we would want to resign long term at his age. The foundation is there IMO. When BP leaves, I expect he will have significant in put into who gets hired. I would also not be surprised if when BP elects to call it done as a coach, he sticks around in some other capacity. I think the right guy will be brought in to fill BPs shoes.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Peplaw, I agree with you I think Bill needs to stay and finish this. Leaving would be a serious setback, I don't want to go into the reasons right now, But I think you covered it correctly. Maybe Zim wouldn't be that bad, Then again he is playing with a 3-4 not a 4-3 I still think he has the the mind to pull it off. Yes Now is the time, not next year, That being said I mean a good playoff run not missing it again this year, We have too much talent not to pull this off.

Philly Card,
I don't post on any other Teams message boards so I don't know why you would post here, Then again everyone loves to hate us and stir the pot, I as one Cowboy fan will not even comment on you or this anymore, Take no offense I'm not looking to making friends on message boards with opposing teams fans, If you were at the game and I was there maybe I would buy you a beer but to sit here and write why I think anything or justify to you or any other teams fans is just a wast of my time.( hope you understand)

ABQ,
I don't know if it would be that easy, These are Bills players and all. Its not like when Jimmy was here allot of those guys wanted to kill him ( read the autobiographies it in there) So I'm thinking I would really want Bill back and see what happens again, But that doesn't mean we cant have a nice run this year

Keep the faith
C

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ilovejerry;1152042 said:
ABQ,
I don't know if it would be that easy, These are Bills players and all. Its not like when Jimmy was here allot of those guys wanted to kill him ( read the autobiographies it in there) So I'm thinking I would really want Bill back and see what happens again, But that doesn't mean we cant have a nice run this year

Keep the faith
C

In the end, the decision is not ours, it's Parcells. However, I'm a big believer in the fact that Parcells always leaves things better then he finds them. Coaching is very important in the NFL but this league has been, and probably always will be, a Quarterback league. I think we finally have one and that makes all the difference in the world IMO. If you have a solid defense, a good running game and a good young QB, it can make a lot of coaches look like HOF type material. I think we'll be just fine.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
otero1;1151645 said:
Only time will tell, because we still have 8 rounds in this fight left buddy.

That's right! We still have eight rounds. Time to make a run. :cool:

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Look at little Bill, Tom Brady, and 3-rings
and Big Bill -Q Carter ( and then the search - The best we had before Romo I think was Vinny and I liked Drew just not for this team)

Did Big Bill draft Tom Brady? I think he did, HMMMM