Twitter: Cam Newton to be Released

jnday

Reaction score
Sign him and get rid od Dak!!!!
There is not much difference between the two. Cam does run more than Dak, but Dak has the ability to run well. I haven’t liked Cam since he swiped computers back in his college years. Neither one of them plays with the style that I like at QB . They are not accurate, can’t read defenses, poor pocket presence, etc. I guess Cam would be cheaper, which makes him more valuable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, Dak is much better about his accuracy, he seems to only have issues with certain types of throws and it's difficult to know how much of that is a result of injury and how much is poor mechanics but he says he's healthy so I guess you take him at his word. That being said, he's much better then Cam IMO. The main thing, at least to me, is that Dak is a pretty balanced dude. He's not flaky as Cam is about certain things. He is a hard worker, he wants to get better and Cam, well, he isn't all that hard of a worker. Big difference there.

The entire, bad play is his fault, good play is the team is BS. I'm sorry, the bad is on him because he controls the O and he is making the throws, making the decisions. If there are others who are at fault, they get called out as well. If it is another players fault, then it's on them. When he makes a nice throw, he gets plenty of attention over it. When he makes a nice run, makes good decisions, he gets credit for it. I don't believe it's accurate to say that all the bad is on him and none of the good, so to speak.

I am perfectly fine with a Dak who goes 17/20 for 250 with 1 TD and 0 INTs. I like that dude because he's making good decision, he's probably giving you 30 or 40 on carries and maybe another TD. It means your D is probably working and the running game is controlling the game. To me, that's a really good day for our Offense. I don't need a 400 yard passer with 35 completions on 50 throws 3 TDs and 2 INTs. That's an unbalanced offense and it means that good defenses can probably shut it down.

JMO
When has Dak giving you 3 touchdowns and 2 picks?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
When has Dak giving you 3 touchdowns and 2 picks?

Which one you want, the game where he threw for 3 TDs or the game where he threw for 2 picks. If you want to continue this discussion, stop with this nonsense. I never said Dak did either one of those things, you said that. I said, I'd rather have the Dak who gives you what I outlined, not the Dak who gives you the big numbers and you know full well that is what I was saying. Have an honest conversation, not this. This wastes time and drags down the conversation. Please

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which one you want, the game where he threw for 3 TDs or the game where he threw for 2 picks. If you want to continue this discussion, stop with this nonsense. I never said Dak did either one of those things, you said that. I said, I'd rather have the Dak who gives you what I outlined, not the Dak who gives you the big numbers and you know full well that is what I was saying. Have an honest conversation, not this. This wastes time and drags down the conversation. Please
I honestly don't know what you are referring too. You consider last year a big number year? Because that's what I want. I don't care what it looks like I just want a guy who can come out there and keep the defense honest. IF that's 2 touchdowns and 0 picks or 4 touchdowns and 1 pick. I want it all.

Praxit

Reaction score
..wow..! at one time Super Man of QB's. Now casted like a bad habit.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what you are referring too. You consider last year a big number year? Because that's what I want. I don't care what it looks like I just want a guy who can come out there and keep the defense honest. IF that's 2 touchdowns and 0 picks or 4 touchdowns and 1 pick. I want it all.

I'm referring, or was commenting on your post, specifically number 52 in this thread, I believe. It said:

I'm not going down any path. Yeah they all seem to have one thing in common but I genuinely was bringing up 2 people who I hear that about. ESPECIALLY Dak. No matter how good or bad he plays.....his bad play is his fault....his good play is because he has a team around him. I can't spell that out any clearer than that.

I don't think this is true. I think there are some in any fan base who want Marino numbers because they equate success with inflated stats. Those fans don't believe Aikman was all that good, they don't think Bart Starr was all that good, they see big numbers as representative of good and that's why they bring the argument to the table that QBs are not responsible for wins and loses. I mean, they are because teams hold them responsible but that's here nor there in the views of such fans. I don't buy into that, I don't care about stats, I care about winning. The comments I made earlier were responding to this point you posted. It had nothing, at all to do with whatever tangent you were on previously. I thought it was pretty clear but if it wasn't, it should be now.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
There is not much difference between the two. Cam does run more than Dak, but Dak has the ability to run well. I haven’t liked Cam since he swiped computers back in his college years. Neither one of them plays with the style that I like at QB . They are not accurate, can’t read defenses, poor pocket presence, etc. I guess Cam would be cheaper, which makes him more valuable.

He would be cheaper and nobody would see him as a longterm Solution. Thats a big plus.

Because with dak the biggest mistake this franchise could make is to bind its faith to him longterm.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Then you are certainly against Prescott at QB.

Because if there is one thing he is not able to do is keeping opposing defenses honest.

Proof

Reaction score
Cam is a shell of his former self. To many big hits, to many injuries, and a headcase. I don't care what anyone says but a man who dresses the way he does has something wrong with him
Was never a fan of his from day one
No thanks

Yeah, what’s wrong with him is being a multi-millionaire who can fund a lifestyle of not caring what the peanut gallery thinks. Gotta be liberating

triplets_93

Reaction score
With Cam's inconsistent output, he'd sadly be a good fit for the Jones's Cowboys.

Flamma

Reaction score
Sorry, but I know folks who know Jameis on a personal level. He, they say, is the essence of immaturity. The kid who just doesn't know when to stop playing. I wouldn't be surprised that you start hearing from the Bucs locker room how immature and silly Jameis is.

Jameis is a turnover machine. He's started for 5 years now, what more does anyone need to see? He's like Brett Favre touched with the crap end of the stick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is exactly what Cam needs in his life right now...if he wants to still be a Starter in the NFL. A coach with Championships to rebuild his Career.

You think Belli wants that primadona idiot waltzing around the locker room in his stupid outfits and hats?

Belli likes to bring his guys up HIS way in HIs program from the beginning of he can.

Qcard

Reaction score
You think Belli wants that primadona idiot waltzing around the locker room in his stupid outfits and hats?

Belli likes to bring his guys up HIS way in HIs program from the beginning of he can.
Nice utopia...

Belli has signed Moss, Harrison (DB & DE), Gordon and Bryant. Before that he coached Lawrence Taylor and many other primadona mercurial talented players.

You have now idea what "Belli" likes

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nice utopia...

Belli has signed Moss, Harrison (DB & DE), Gordon and Bryant. Before that he coached Lawrence Taylor and many other primadona mercurial talented players.

What you mean is that YOU have no idea. Its pretty obvious to me what Belli wants.

Those guys dont play QB and weren't the leaders of his organization. If those other guys didnt work out, he just let them go. You let your QB go that you gear your entire offense around, and you are screwed.

he guy is a prima dona moron and people dont want a guy like that leading their franchise. At least not an over the hill one.

Last edited:

montgod

Reaction score
Nice utopia...

Don't forget Corey Dillon, Ochocinco, and Brown.

montgod

Reaction score
What you mean is that YOU have no idea. Its pretty obvious to me what Belli wants. So has Belli signed Cam yet? NOPE!!

Those guys dont play QB and weren't the leaders of his organization. If those other guys didnt work out, he just let them go. You let your QB go that you gear your entire offense around, and you are screwed.

Seems obvious why. Seems obvious to ME that is.

Probably the same reason he hasn't signed with anyone else yet. The guy is a prima dona moron and people dont want a guy like that leading their franchise. At least not an over the hill one.
I said this in another post, I don't think Belli is signing anyone this off-season and is resigned to the fact that this year will be the start to a rebuild. Otherwise, I think he would have prepared for this and traded for/signed another QB besides picking up a retread like Hoyer. Not to mention, Patriots hardly have any cap space to sign Cam.