Twitter: Cam Newton to be Released

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Goodell is to blame for that. It was a joke. And to your prior comment. He was in the Super Bowl and showed everyone that he thinks he’s more important than the team by not going for that fumble.

The most cowardice act on a football field ever. I was stunned and embarrassed for him.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
OK, that I will agree with. Because of his size, he took hits that would have generally been flags for other QBs. That's definitely true. I don't buy into the attitude thing thou. I saw him take hits like that before he lost his mind. I just think he is such a big QB, such a physical specimen that I think he took hits that other QBs would have gotten flags for and he didn't get the call. That's definitely true IMO.

But that just compounds the root problem. He's a big target. He's fast and he's hard to bring down but he's not the biggest dude out there and when he gets hit, he may be a load but 11 guys are targeting him when he breaks the pocket. It's just simply physics is all.
There were clear late hits on him and no calls. A penalty is a penalty.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He will start somewhere, but I'd love to have him here.
I would, too.

Dak basically has the same style of QB as Newton.

It would be an easier transition.

And we could have Cam for $20 mil/yr plus incentives instead of $40 mil and gripping.

And we would be favs for the SB in Vegas..

The plantar thing is tricky. Rest is the only thing that helps it. And anti-inflammatory.

I had it once doing too much long distance running. Not enough stretching. My doctor recommended putting a Coke bottle under my foot when sitting and rolling it back and forth.

In a month, I was back to tennis.

Cam?

Sign him and I will bill you for my services.

:laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I just love swinging the double edge sword during these conversations. Watch and observe how Cam's accuracy will be in question because of his career completion % yet Dak "apologist" can't argue the opposite and say Dak is very accurate because of his career completion %...
Riggggghtttt. Ain’t that something?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I do not see him in Dallas. If healthy, IF, he is a baller, former MVP, can take a team to a Super Bowl, and can make all the same plays Dak can but he is actually faster than Dak. I like the competition. However, if Cam loses, can you see him as a clip board holder? Currently he has no impact until a clean bill of health and he would have to win the QB competition to be worth the money.

So, I would pass take that money and sign 2 or 3 of these free agents:

Eric Reid S, Jadaven Clowney DE, Cordy Glenn OT/OG, Alec Ogletree LB, Jabaal Sheard DE/OLB, Derek Wolfe DT, Breshad Perriman WR (he did great filling in for the Tampa 2), Darron Lee LB, Mo Claiborne (he was good enough to keep on the roster for a Super Bowl ring), and/or Roosevelt Nix FB/ST.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I would, too.

Dak basically has the same style of QB as Newton.

It would be an easier transition.

And we could have Cam for $20 mil/yr plus incentives instead of $40 mil and gripping.

And we would be favs for the SB in Vegas..

The plantar thing is tricky. Rest is the only thing that helps it. And anti-inflammatory.

I had it once doing too much long distance running. Not enough stretching. My doctor recommended putting a Coke bottle under my foot when sitting and rolling it back and forth.

In a month, I was back to tennis.

Cam?

Sign him and I will bill you for my services.

:laugh:

Dak and Dak DONT HAVE SIMILAR STYLES!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If you could get a healthh Cam at 5 million less a season than Dak do you do it and work to trade Dak?
I would.

I am not married to Dak.

The history of the NFL is full of QBs who played somewhere else and succeeded.

Doug Williams of Washington

Brad Johnson of Tampa Bay

Jim Plunkett of Oakland.

Many other you can name.

A new start with a good team can do wonders.

I will not be brainwashed into thinking Dak is the answer.

I went that way with Romo. We were wrong.

I want to keep my mind open and try to win.

montgod

Reaction score
So cut Dak and sign Cam and the Cowboys are SB favorites.

Have you actually seen Cam play the last couple of years?
Maybe it's the verbiage, but I pretty much ignore a post if anyone suggests that the team should just 'cut' Dak. How does that make any sense and get nothing in return? As my man Tyson used to say, "It's ludicrous!"

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm not going down any path. Yeah they all seem to have one thing in common but I genuinely was bringing up 2 people who I hear that about. ESPECIALLY Dak. No matter how good or bad he plays.....his bad play is his fault....his good play is because he has a team around him. I can't spell that out any clearer than that.

Well, Dak is much better about his accuracy, he seems to only have issues with certain types of throws and it's difficult to know how much of that is a result of injury and how much is poor mechanics but he says he's healthy so I guess you take him at his word. That being said, he's much better then Cam IMO. The main thing, at least to me, is that Dak is a pretty balanced dude. He's not flaky as Cam is about certain things. He is a hard worker, he wants to get better and Cam, well, he isn't all that hard of a worker. Big difference there.

The entire, bad play is his fault, good play is the team is BS. I'm sorry, the bad is on him because he controls the O and he is making the throws, making the decisions. If there are others who are at fault, they get called out as well. If it is another players fault, then it's on them. When he makes a nice throw, he gets plenty of attention over it. When he makes a nice run, makes good decisions, he gets credit for it. I don't believe it's accurate to say that all the bad is on him and none of the good, so to speak.

I am perfectly fine with a Dak who goes 17/20 for 250 with 1 TD and 0 INTs. I like that dude because he's making good decision, he's probably giving you 30 or 40 on carries and maybe another TD. It means your D is probably working and the running game is controlling the game. To me, that's a really good day for our Offense. I don't need a 400 yard passer with 35 completions on 50 throws 3 TDs and 2 INTs. That's an unbalanced offense and it means that good defenses can probably shut it down.

JMO

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dude...I had to work and missed all the Cam Newton conversation. Good stuff enjoy tacos and family...not in that order sir!

Love to say that I did enjoy them Q. Truth is, Brother in-law showed up from Az yesterday and we ended up having 6 for supper instead of 2 so those Tacos went pretty fast. Didn't even eat any. But I know they were good. They were gone in like 15 minutes and besides, they always are. We'll have to make up another batch this week some time. Thank you though.