Cam Newton's Return

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
In the same league, competing for the same Lombardi trophy. You don't get the connection because you must not see the Cowboys having a shot at the Lombardi.
I don't get the connection for a lot of reasons, but mostly because of your reference to the "era," when Cam is on a one-year contract and highly unlikely to be around very much longer.

kskboys

Reaction score
He was trash.
But as we sit here today he's 31 and bigger, stronger and faster than Brady.
He's had a full year to get healthy and a year of working out to prepare for his next gig.

Brady had BY FAR the better supporting cast, coaching and routine in Boston.

Now as they flip ends of the country, Cam gets arguably the GOAT NFL Coach and the weather advantage that should play into his power running football.

I'm not saying it's a lock and I do think Cam's body will break down again at some point but on a 1 year basis I think it's very possible Cam is better than a 42 year old Brady.
All that said Tampa has elite WR weapons and if Brady can get the ball deep those guys will make massive plays.
I'm just not sure a 42 year old who's never been known for arm strength is the guy for that offense with deep vertical threats more so than quick, win at the line guys.
Jamarcus Russell is bigger, stronger, and faster than Tom Brady. Not sure how that relates to anything.

CWR

Reaction score
I believe in 2020 this is very possible.
Tom was not that good last year and his game has been about scheme for a long time.

I can go there with you as well, BUT I bet Brady has quite a rebound with Mike Evans, Godwin and Gronk. Pats skill players were bad last season. That said I think the change of venue helps BOTH players.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You didn't. But the Patriots didn't do anything last year WITH Tom Brady. But you are proposing after a year of being hurt and rehabbing that with Cam the Patriots will stop the Cowboy from winning the Super Bowl.
You admit Tom Brady did nothing last year with the Pats even though he was relatively healthy, while Cam was obviously hurt and in need of rest to heal. So why is it surprising a rested Cam may now be in a better position to do something? Belichick is an amazing coach so yes, I expect he will be able to do something with a healthy Cam Newton.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't get the connection for a lot of reasons, but mostly because of your reference to the "era," when Cam is on a one-year contract and highly unlikely to be around very much longer.
Cam is on a one year deal to prove he deserves a long term deal. Belichick is smart that way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You admit Tom Brady did nothing last year with the Pats even though he was relatively healthy, while Cam was obviously hurt and in need of rest to heal. So why is it surprising a rested Cam may now be in a better position to do something? Belichick is an amazing coach so yes, I expect he will be able to do something with a healthy Cam Newton.
Yeah but the Patriots shortcoming last year didn't come from quarterback. THat's what you are failing to realize. Didnt' come from that defense either.

And its not about believing the will do something with Cam. That crappy division should be their's for the taking. You said they would win the Super Bowl next year and there's no sound logic you have to back that claim up other than Cam is "rested". Mind you.....Cam has had one MVP level season and a few other very good seasons during his career. Now he's 31...been hurting on and off for 3 years...and now he's a going to come straight in and win a Super Bowl. Man.....I hope that's not the floor for him. He deserves a year to get his career back on track.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah but the Patriots shortcoming last year didn't come from quarterback. THat's what you are failing to realize. Didnt' come from that defense either.

And its not about believing the will do something with Cam. That crappy division should be their's for the taking. You said they would win the Super Bowl next year and there's no sound logic you have to back that claim up other than Cam is "rested". Mind you.....Cam has had one MVP level season and a few other very good seasons during his career. Now he's 31...been hurting on and off for 3 years...and now he's a going to come straight in and win a Super Bowl. Man.....I hope that's not the floor for him. He deserves a year to get his career back on track.
Do I need to say it again? I do hear you. You are making too much sense. No one is going to see this great season coming from Cam.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They're not going to give Cam a long-term deal. Belichick is smart that way.
That's a childish response tantamount to "Nah-uh".

If Cam proves himself, obviously they will give him a longer-term contract. Saying otherwise defies common sense.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
That's a childish response tantamount to "Nah-uh".

If Cam proves himself, obviously they will give him a longer-term contract. Saying otherwise defies common sense.
No, it's a response from someone who understands the NFL and how it works. Cam hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy recenlty and he's not getting any younger. If he does have a great season, the Patriots will be smart and let him go to someone else who will sign him to an ill-advised long-term deal. They won't sign a 32-year-old QB with significant health concerns to a long-term deal themselves.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, it's a response from someone who understands the NFL and how it works. Ca:grin:m hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy recenlty and he's not getting any younger. If he does have a great season, the Patriots will be smart and let him go to someone else who will sign him to an ill-advised long-term deal. They won't sign a 32-year-old QB with significant health concerns to a long-term deal themselves.
That's just your ignorant opinion and you are welcome to it. It just makes me lol at you more.