Camelot, The Borgias, Game of Thrones.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3951103 said:
tyrion-shield.jpg

Anyone else want some?

Why isn't his (the guy on the ground) face all shredded up?

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
nyc;3951161 said:
Why isn't his (the guy on the ground) face all shredded up?

Different guy I think. I believe the guy he was pummelling had white hair.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3951103 said:
tyrion-shield.jpg

Anyone else want some?

Did we ever get to find out who exactly it was that jumped them in the first place? Some random fiends? The Imp is fast becoming one of my favorite characters.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3951211 said:
Did we ever get to find out who exactly it was that jumped them in the first place? Some random fiends? The Imp is fast becoming one of my favorite characters.

I agree with that.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Rod;3951211 said:
The Imp is fast becoming one of my favorite characters.
He's also the best character in the books by far. My impression is that he and Daenarys are Martin's favorites to write - several of the other characters' stories go through some pretty dry patches, but not theirs.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3951211 said:

I don't believe it says in the show but it is the wild clansmen that live in that area.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Rewatched the episode and caught something i REALLY disliked.

Littlefinger bets against Loras in the joust.. then he goes to explain why Gregor lost (mare in heat). Just kinda makes him look like an idiot when he had to have had the information before hand to explain it, and if he had that information, it makes his bet look silly...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;3951391 said:
Rewatched the episode and caught something i REALLY disliked.

Littlefinger bets against Loras in the joust.. then he goes to explain why Gregor lost (mare in heat). Just kinda makes him look like an idiot when he had to have had the information before hand to explain it, and if he had that information, it makes his bet look silly...

Yeah, I noticed that the first time, but let it pass after the ridiculous arm raising moment.

ethiostar

Reaction score
theogt;3951088 said:
Same here. Seems like the better route is to read the books after the series.

It's almost impossible for me to enjoy a book if i have seen the movie before hand. When i do that, i can't break away from falling back to the actors, scenery, etc... that i watched in the movie and it ruins what i like best about reading, which is visualizing the characters and environment based on the author's descriptions and my own imagination.

ethiostar

Reaction score
jimnabby;3951248 said:
He's also the best character in the books by far. My impression is that he and Daenarys are Martin's favorites to write - several of the other characters' stories go through some pretty dry patches, but not theirs.

I agree. I also think he's partial to Jon Snow as well.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Game of Thrones needs it's own thread. Camelot and the Borgias do not appear to be worthy.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3952806 said:
Game of Thrones needs it's own thread. Camelot and the Borgias do not appear to be worthy.

Yes I have to say I like Game of Thrones much much more than the other two.

Although I have to say the recent episode of Borgias was pretty gruesome when the french used the cannon with the cannonball with chains ammo.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3952863 said:
Yes I have to say I like Game of Thrones much much more than the other two.

Although I have to say the recent episode of Borgias was pretty gruesome when the french used the cannon with the cannonball with chains ammo.

Damnit, you're going to make me watch it. :laugh2:

Is that an HBO series? If so, I can watch it on HBO GO. (HBO GO freaking owns!)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3952870 said:
Damnit, you're going to make me watch it. :laugh2:

Is that an HBO series? If so, I can watch it on HBO GO. (HBO GO freaking owns!)

I think it is on showtime.

DFWJC

Reaction score
ethiostar;3952542 said:
It's almost impossible for me to enjoy a book if i have seen the movie before hand. When i do that, i can't break away from falling back to the actors, scenery, etc... that i watched in the movie and it ruins what i like best about reading, which is visualizing the characters and environment based on the author's descriptions and my own imagination.
Tell me about it.
For example:
I'm so glad I read the Dune series before I saw them try to cram all of that info into a miniseries.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Slightly concerned with the lack of direwolves thus far, hopefully that changes. I also miss Tyrion's story to Bronn about Jaime's "gift" back in the day (but there is still time for it).

Not really sure what the Theon/prostitute scene was there for, nothing there really.

Oh, and HBO Go is really annoying.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3956261 said:
Slightly concerned with the lack of direwolves thus far, hopefully that changes. I also miss Tyrion's story to Bronn about Jaime's "gift" back in the day (but there is still time for it).

Not really sure what the Theon/prostitute scene was there for, nothing there really.

Oh, and HBO Go is really annoying.

Just enjoy the series and don't worry about how it doesn't match the books perfectly.

HBO GO, was annoying the hell out of me last night. I tried to load it in FF, but it wouldn't load. Then I tried my phone and it wouldn't load. So I loaded IE and I finally got it to load, but then it said I was already connected and disconnect. Finally, I tried my phone again and it loaded. So I watched next week's show on my phone. It actually played really well and had a great picture.

My guess was the troubles were due to people overloading the servers trying to watch the new episode.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3956372 said:
Just enjoy the series and don't worry about how it doesn't match the books perfectly.

HBO GO, was annoying the hell out of me last night. I tried to load it in FF, but it wouldn't load. Then I tried my phone and it wouldn't load. So I loaded IE and I finally got it to load, but then it said I was already connected and disconnect. Finally, I tried my phone again and it loaded. So I watched next week's show on my phone. It actually played really well and had a great picture.

My guess was the troubles were due to people overloading the servers trying to watch the new episode.

Yeah I was having problems ...IE was taking too long to load, Firefox would only load so many things. Chrome loaded but got stuck.

I think it was just too many people going in last night like you said.

I watched it this morning without a problem on my computer. I don't think I could watch it on my phone...Hmmm computer screen vs phone. :laugh2:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
nyc;3956372 said:

Not worried about it matching it perfectly, just concerned that it may be changed drastically if they don't work in some things more. Other changes that bug me are ones that aren't really time-contstraint or budgetary and just seem to be changed for change's sake. I have no problems with changes that are necessary, stay true to the overall story, and work fine, or even improve on the book.