Can anyone say this about Garrett

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As we spoke in the past I always enjoy your opinions! I’m not trying to troll! I just don’t think our success has at times been a Garrett thing and early on in his tenure I think we wasted Romo years to train him. It’s not like I don’t still want them to win. I went with 14 of my in laws to cheer them on in LA. I’ve always just found him to be the weak link and why, despite some good seasons, we don’t have more playoff wins. I think they had to build around him with qualified assts to make up for his lack of coaching. He’s a respected, good guy, but he leaves me blah with coaching. This season I feel we are as stacked as we can be in this day and age so I’d like to see more from him to get us over the hump!

Well, it’s got to be something that’s helping us win. If Jerry’s a fool and a meddler and a terrible GM. Dak, whatever you think about him is not really a top-10 QB at this point. The roster has been good, and getting better, but nobody suggested it was in a class with the Rams’ or Saints’ rosters going into last season.

If Garrett’s also a poor, or mediocre coach, how is it this team manages to win so often, exactly? Under those circumstances, with the spotlight on the Cowboys and circumstances like the Zeke suspension and distractions like the rift between Jerry and Goodell happening in the background....exactly how has the team been winning so many games over the last three seasons? Unless you believe somehow that—apart from QB— the roster is far superior to any other team in the league, and I can’t imaging you believe that, as rational as you are...where exactly are the wins coming from? And why are the expectations for advancing farther in the playoffs so high?

We’re winning games because we’ve got a good-but not yet great-roster. We’ve got a great recent track record in the draft. And the team is actually well-coached, though nobody wants to admit it. It goes way beyond a couple of terrible play calls, or a couple of bad clock-management decisions. There’s no getting around it.

As always, really appreciate the tone of the disagreement with you. Great to just debate without worrying about it getting personal.