Can anyone say this about Garrett

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Not really a fan of JG as a HC and in game strategists but I bet he knows every position on the field like the back of his hand. You can say many things about JG but I don’t think you can question the man’s intelligence. As smart as he is Ivy League and a QB he knows the positions and their jobs. I bet he is a very interesting man to talk to and could tell you a lot about the game and has probably forgot more about the game than most of us will ever know. He is like a military strategist great at knowing the artillery, calvary, and infantry but not the man you want in command when the battle starts. He ain’t no Patton but I would definitely want him at West Point.
There are many people that are super intelligent that don't possess an ounce of common sense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Some people believe in bigfoot. Some people believe aliens have visited our planet. I believe that when this organization lost Romo's input it showed. And all of that negative energy you are spewing won't change that belief.

THE END.
agreed. the end. you can believe in Fantasy as you outlined. thanks for proving my point.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
a witness? Brice Butler is your witness.... what about Dez? Witten? Lee?....yeah, lets go with a guy who sucks...

I wouldn't tout him too much if I were you..

and your 2 pls 2 added up to -3

if I were you, I would quit while I was behind. right now, you are in quick sand...sinking fast. you have zero credibility and everyone on this post debunked your assumption.

its ok to say that I made a mistake and didn't think things through. I have posted dumb stuff on this board and have admitted to being wrong. but seemingly the young generation today never wants to admit wrong doing...
Some people believe in bigfoot. Some people believe aliens have visited our planet. I believe that when this organization lost Romo's input it showed. And all of that negative energy you are spewing won't change that belief.

THE END.
Come on now, twins shouldn't fight! :laugh:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No one has confused Garrett for Bellicheat.....as a matter of fact no one confuses any coach with Bellicheat. Doug Peterson has a Super Bow ring. Bellicheat isn’t the standard or the bar.
Your statement just makes me think you really don't get it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There was nothing to get. No point was being made lol.
I thought your point was simply Belichick is not the standard. You say he cheated. Jimmie Johnson also cheated. So was our Superbowl tainted also?? . Like my original statement I guess you just don't get it you don't even realize you were making a statement . And I'm not trying to be derogatory. I'm just thinking how could you make such a statement. Belichick is the absolute standard. Do I need to explain that

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I thought your point was simply Belichick is not the standard. You say he cheated. Jimmie Johnson also cheated. So was our Superbowl tainted also?? . Like my original statement I guess you just don't get it you don't even realize you were making a statement . And I'm not trying to be derogatory. I'm just thinking how could you make such a statement. Belichick is the absolute standard. Do I need to explain that
My point was you can win in this league with the Doug Peterson’s of this world. You don’t have to have a Bill Bellicheat to win a ring. He is not the bar. If you are chasing for the next Bill Belicheat you will be chasing a ghost you can’t catch.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’ve never seen a guy do so little but get so much credit from fan boys. It’s unreal! If he can coach so many positions then why did he get neutered to a guy who does nothing but direct ?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve never seen a guy do so little but get so much credit from fan boys. It’s unreal! If he can coach so many positions then why did he get neutered to a guy who does nothing but direct ?

He didn’t?

Miller

Reaction score
He didn’t?

Idgit I love that you have an undying love and think he’s awesome but he did. He literally was screwing up with time outs, game management and calling the offense early on so over the years they got rid of “his guys”, got more of “his guys” and then made it where he just had to manage. That’s truth!its exactly why there was Jerry’s famous quote of needing more for his investment and being a coach in training. It’s 9 years in and we are waiting on a breakthrough. It’s comical you actually think he wields some control when Jerry still answers the questions. How can you actually see the Rams coach, etc snd think “hey it is a process” It’s insanity

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit I love that you have an undying love and think he’s awesome but he did. He literally was screwing up with time outs, game management and calling the offense early on so over the years they got rid of “his guys”, got more of “his guys” and then made it where he just had to manage. That’s truth!its exactly why there was Jerry’s famous quote of needing more for his investment and being a coach in training. It’s 9 years in and we are waiting on a breakthrough. It’s comical you actually think he wields some control when Jerry still answers the questions. How can you actually see the Rams coach, etc snd think “hey it is a process” It’s insanity

I don't actually have an undying love for the guy. I just refuse to accept the common mythology that gets trotted out around here for no other reason than it fits with an agenda people want to believe in the first place. Garrett's a hard working dude and well-respected by players and coaches. Direct evidence of that is all over the place. His teams win a lot of games, and they've been doing it since 2014 now. He's done it with two different QBs, he's got a coach of the year award, and he's won more games than anyone in the NFC over the last three seasons with another team poised to be really competitive again this year. It's not comical to recognize what it for what it is. It's comical to pretend it's something it isn't just because that's what you want it to be.

Of course Jerry still answers the questions. He's the owner of the team. Insanity is expecting an ego like Jerry Jones' to take a back seat to a head coach for any reason whatsoever. It's never going to happen.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Throughout Jason Garrett's career, he's widely been known as an average coach. This year, according to Jerry Jones, he'll be obliged to demonstrate something beyond what he has in the past. The upcoming season is supposed to be one to determine if he'll retain the privilege of coaching the Dallas Cowboys in the future. Let's just take that presumption for what it's worth and go from there, shall we? It's, supposedly, a new day in Dallas! :rolleyes:

Miller

Reaction score
I don't actually have an undying love for the guy. I just refuse to accept the common mythology that gets trotted out around here for no other reason than it fits with an agenda people want to believe in the first place. Garrett's a hard working dude and well-respected by players and coaches. Direct evidence of that is all over the place. His teams win a lot of games, and they've been doing it since 2014 now. He's done it with two different QBs, he's got a coach of the year award, and he's won more games than anyone in the NFC over the last three seasons with another team poised to be really competitive again this year. It's not comical to recognize what it for what it is. It's comical to pretend it's something it isn't just because that's what you want it to be.

Of course Jerry still answers the questions. He's the owner of the team. Insanity is expecting an ego like Jerry Jones' to take a back seat to a head coach for any reason whatsoever. It's never going to happen.

As we spoke in the past I always enjoy your opinions! I’m not trying to troll! I just don’t think our success has at times been a Garrett thing and early on in his tenure I think we wasted Romo years to train him. It’s not like I don’t still want them to win. I went with 14 of my in laws to cheer them on in LA. I’ve always just found him to be the weak link and why, despite some good seasons, we don’t have more playoff wins. I think they had to build around him with qualified assts to make up for his lack of coaching. He’s a respected, good guy, but he leaves me blah with coaching. This season I feel we are as stacked as we can be in this day and age so I’d like to see more from him to get us over the hump!

GMO415

Reaction score
I've been to TC over the last several years. I've seen JG do just that when he attends different facets of the game.