Can anyone say this about Garrett

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Not really a fan of JG as a HC and in game strategists but I bet he knows every position on the field like the back of his hand. You can say many things about JG but I don’t think you can question the man’s intelligence. As smart as he is Ivy League and a QB he knows the positions and their jobs. I bet he is a very interesting man to talk to and could tell you a lot about the game and has probably forgot more about the game than most of us will ever know. He is like a military strategist great at knowing the artillery, calvary, and infantry but not the man you want in command when the battle starts. He ain’t no Patton but I would definitely want him at West Point.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Not really a fan of JG as a HC and in game strategists but I bet he knows every position on the field like the back of his hand. You can say many things about JG but I don’t think you can question the man’s intelligence. As smart as he is Ivy League and a QB he knows the positions and their jobs. I bet he is a very interesting man to talk to and could tell you a lot about the game and has probably forgot more about the game than most of us will ever know. He is like a military strategist great at knowing the artillery, calvary, and infantry but not the man you want in command when the battle starts. He ain’t no Patton but I would definitely want him at West Point.
He might be one of those people that are so smart that he doesn't have common sense. All memory and no imagination.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
While I agree that Brady makes Bill look a lot better, the Patriots seem to be just fine when Brady isn't playing. Whatever QB they replace him with looks like the next Brady, until he ships off to a different team. It must be the system, and whether that's all on Bill or not, I don't know, but it doesn't seem like he's a complete slouch without a star QB.
I didnt say a slouch, but without Brady, he damn sure isnt close to 6 rings.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Maybe. But without Brady he still has a record around 14-6 or something like that.
that is impressive, especially with the powerhouse division the Pats play in. I mean, they have to have at least 0-0 SB wins coming out of that division in the Brady era. Hell, I bet that entire division has at least 0 playoff wins during the Brady era as well....lol

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What can go wrong will go wrong and it's the head coaches job to stop it, if he can. Letting your assistants do the bare minimum is on the coach. What was Cooley doing all this years. The DB coach and Cooley had a philosophy, "Do what ever makes you fell comfortably." That was their style under Garrett. Do what you like. So it's not a far stretch to say the coaches were sitting on their hands. So who's job was it to supervise these coaches? Do what you like ain't a system.
and you make this stuff up as you go along seemingly...now it sounds like you are deeply embedded in the organization and attend practices in the field....

in the meantime, you are a troll on a message board making claims and accusations you have no way of proving except for Brice Butler and your own 2 plus 2....

Little Jr

Reaction score
that is impressive, especially with the powerhouse division the Pats play in. I mean, they have to have at least 0-0 SB wins coming out of that division in the Brady era. Hell, I bet that entire division has at least 0 playoff wins during the Brady era as well....lol
Brady is the GOAT. You won't get any argument out of me with that. The Brady vs Bill and who is more responsible, That's like the chicken or egg story.

As far a a their division, It's weak but that's the argument people make against the pats, Brady and Bill success. They're 8-3 outside the division without Brady and 5-3 in the division with Brady. With or without Brady they've been strong outside the division.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Romo did not help in that 13-3 season to game plan.
He was rehabbing yet another injury. It was Sanchez that helped Dak more than Tony,
And Romo was not creating game plans while recovering or I seriously doubt he was.

Romo helped in the game plan when he was the starter, because it involved him. That is with every QB. As they ask, hey, what do you like and can do best against this type of defense. As all teams do this.
he makes it sound as if Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, Manning, etc. never participated in game planning. they were just handed game plans from the coach and were told to go execute... to your point, QBs participating in game planning is the norm, not the exception

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Romo was in on the game planning for years before the 13-3 season. I say when we lost Romo we list some good game planning. Because look at the years after Romo left. Dez let go. (Dez couldn't get open) They couldn't scheme him open? Linehan fired. Redzone struggles.

You believe what you believe and I'll believe what I believe. So let's agree to disagree.

But the fact still remains that Garrett sucks and Romo was a better game planner than Garrett. Romo leaves shut goes down hill. Hmm.
they couldn't scheme him open? because he had lost a step? or was injured? how was he schemed open before, but not after? wouldn't they have "Romo's" game plans and use that!? you make no sense at all and right now are all over the place illogically.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He might be one of those people that are so smart that he doesn't have common sense. All memory and no imagination.
I think if anything he is the other way around. he has the vision and management and imagination. but his game day decision making has been the question..... he did produce 3 top 10 offenses including scoring offenses in the lague as an OC.... say what you want...but you can't deny facts, except with imagination of your own...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
and you make this stuff up as you go along seemingly...now it sounds like you are deeply embedded in the organization and attend practices in the field....

in the meantime, you are a troll on a message board making claims and accusations you have no way of proving except for Brice Butler and your own 2 plus 2....
A witness's statement and 2 plus 2..........equals a conviction.

Those two things together have put plenty of people behind bars.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I knew the Jets had been to several but wanted to look up to tally.
Since 2001:
Jets- 12 playoff appearances including back to back Championship appearances with 6 playoff wins.

Bills- only 1 appearance , 0-1

Dolphins- 3 appearances 0-3

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/playoffs.htm

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I didnt look it up, and I did forget about sanchez and his butt fumble..... point is... well, you get it.
Yes I do but I think the bigger point is Patriots would have dominated prob any division. The Steelers, Colts and Ravens would have had much less success if Pats were in their division or they’d of ended up meeting in playoffs anyway.

Remember as a result of their division they always had a1st place schedule too which means they played the best teams every year anyway. The weaker division only supports a narrative. Overall I think it’s a weak argument.

We could probably present a similar argument for other teams which have dominated their division.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
In my career playing football, nobody asked me to do as much as a COACH did. I might be 3-technique, or a linebacker, or a linebacker dropping into coverage more than ever, or playing inside more than ever. I'll always remember how much I learned watching COACH in practice. He can coach any position as good as any position coach in league. He can walk around the field and stop drills and coach each position-at the highest level.
Nobody on the Cowboys entire coaching staff fits this description especially the Head Coach Jason Garrett. But to be fair Garrett was a one year QB coach before anointed by Jerry Jones to be Offensive Head Coach and finally Head Coach. So he would never know anything about 3 tech, LB deep zone, etc.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A witness's statement and 2 plus 2..........equals a conviction.

Those two things together have put plenty of people behind bars.
a witness? Brice Butler is your witness.... what about Dez? Witten? Lee?....yeah, lets go with a guy who sucks...

I wouldn't tout him too much if I were you..

and your 2 pls 2 added up to -3

if I were you, I would quit while I was behind. right now, you are in quick sand...sinking fast. you have zero credibility and everyone on this post debunked your assumption.

its ok to say that I made a mistake and didn't think things through. I have posted dumb stuff on this board and have admitted to being wrong. but seemingly the young generation today never wants to admit wrong doing...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
a witness? Brice Butler is your witness.... what about Dez? Witten? Lee?....yeah, lets go with a guy who sucks...

I wouldn't tout him too much if I were you..

and your 2 pls 2 added up to -3

if I were you, I would quit while I was behind. right now, you are in quick sand...sinking fast. you have zero credibility and everyone on this post debunked your assumption.

its ok to say that I made a mistake and didn't think things through. I have posted dumb stuff on this board and have admitted to being wrong. but seemingly the young generation today never wants to admit wrong doing...
Some people believe in bigfoot. Some people believe aliens have visited our planet. I believe that when this organization lost Romo's input it showed. And all of that negative energy you are spewing won't change that belief.

THE END.