Can Dak shine with new coach?

CWR

Reaction score
I get it....what I am saying, is that its not going to get us to the Super Bowl...will just get us a few more wins...and eventually get your QB hurt

Maybe so, but Id rather go out swinging. If he gets hurt then fine. Its better than having him back there failing at being something hes not.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah, can't disagree.

I'd like to see Dak under a more competent OC and w/ a QB whisperer.

Its probably not a popular opinion on here but if Andy Reid is our coach I think we are leading the division today.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don’t think Daks problems are throwing the ball. He is not the most accurate passer but he is good enough. It is the passes he does not throw and poor pocket precense that is the problem. The throw to Gallup at the beginning of the game wa 2 seconds later than it should have been.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don’t think Daks problems are throwing the ball. He is not the most accurate passer but he is good enough. It is the passes he does not throw and poor pocket precense that is the problem. The throw to Gallup at the beginning of the game wa 2 seconds later than it should have been.
He desperately needs training that he is not getting.

coult44

Reaction score
dear fellow fanzone freaks--- jared Goff and to an extent Carson Wentz did not play well their first year

but when the got new coaching and players too for Wentz...they both are shining as good QB's...Do

you all think the same would be true with Dak if he got similar coaching change and maybe more

receivers or players?...Or is Dak who he is ...Dak?

thanks for the opinions..they are greatly appreciated

sincerely
GORICO

He needs du with 365 to be any better. He needs to be taught all over again.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Prescott could definitely shine with a better playbook, however it’s dissapointing that he’s still leaving a lot of yards on the field.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

He's innaccurate and lacks presence.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah, can't disagree.

I'd like to see Dak under a more competent OC and w/ a QB whisperer.
he does ok, with his throws when he sets his feet and follows the fundamentals....and Moore is not a QB whisperer....he is a Lineman favorite..... that's Garrett's fault and that's jerry's fault.

with that said, that's the easy part, but he still doesn't throw with anticipation and that's the difference between good and average..

kevm3

Reaction score
Dak needs an oc that will recognize his talents and call plays that utilizes his skillset and he needs a qb coach that can help him improve. You see we can actually move the ball if Linehan actually does his job. The problem is we only get this creative somewhat aggressive playcalling after we lose and everyone starts bashing the coaching.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McDaniels success is also tied to Tom Brady execution. it was obvious when he went to Denver, his scheme wasn't as good because he didn't have tom Brady...you can;'t put a piece of parsley next to a pile of shiet and call it Filet Mignon....its still a pile of Shiet.....and McDaniels scheme is timing based, having a QB throw with anticipation and requires precision throwing and timing....none of which applies to Dak.....

You must enjoy being wrong...

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They changed things in the scheme tonight and Dak wins.

See @percyhoward 's stats...

OMG....omg omg omg...how crazy can you dakzoids get....what's the scheme have to do with it....get real will you...Zeke had a great game and our defense held there own ....and Dak simply didn't commit (lucky really) fatal turnovers to ruin the night for us....scheme theme and all that jazz please man your not talking to morons here....

Here's a thought ...imagine what this team could do with a quality QB under center and cry like the rest of us....gn now...

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And the opposite would be that Dak played like a HOF player his first year 2016, I guess we should give all of the credit to Red Ball on that.
actually that would be the fair thing to do.. i just dont care for Garrett

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes. I believe that finally having a real player development staff around him will do wonders for Dak.

Having Kellen Moore in one ear, Linehan in the other, and Garrett clapping his way into a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is doing absolutely nothing for Dak.
if we lose second game to Commanders..and come out in 2nd flat as hell and lose i am going to go crazy...and again for the 6th time since last year we dont run Zeke 1st and short goal to go?

catiii

Reaction score
The only way Dak can shine with a new coach is with play calling to his strengths and weaknesses such as more planned runs which won't win it for you. He hasn't got a complete set of NFL tools. His fundamentals, which should have been learnt by now, can't be improved, in the same way JG can't "learn" to coach in the NFL and win when it counts even after all these years. Answer to the thread title: No - Dak is a backup.