Can Felix Jones carry the load if Barber goes down?

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Usually when you're running behind the best back in the nation, you're not getting too many carries. Whether what Jerry says about Felix is true or not, we will just have to see.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
StarMan;2055649 said:
Can Felix Jones carry the load if Barber goes down?

Thankfully we no longer have to answer this question. Nice job Jerry! :starspin

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2056813 said:
No I attack knee jerking, reactionist chicken littles such as yourself. You were trying to intimate once again that our RB draft picks were deficient. In this case it was in their ability to 'carry the load.'

i have been reading your posts extensively.

I was pointing out that it wasn't sad as you were saying but rather it was just a reality of the NFL that almost no backs can do that and the are no backs I would want to do that if I could help it.

I have no intention of being used as part of your chicken little routine.

Hit me while I was sleep....

Hmmm, well guess Jerry kinda knew saw the problem with Felix, which is why he spent another pick on Choice today. My reaction was like others, and even Jerry knew he needed someone else. We spent alot of resources on the position in this draft, but it is alot better today with Choice in the mix.

As for the Chicken Little bit, well, if you ever watched the movie, the Little man was actually right in the end.........the sky was actually falling. Guess what, with our pick today, Jerry saw like the Little man, and made another pick to make sure that the aliens didn't attack.

Sure you can be one of those guys that doubted Chicken Little, but the man was actually right.....Jerry saw that our picks were in fact deficient, and made a pick to fix the problem today.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2057988 said:
Hit me while I was sleep....

Hmmm, well guess Jerry kinda knew saw the problem with Felix, which is why he spent another pick on Choice today. My reaction was like others, and even Jerry knew he needed someone else. We spent alot of resources on the position in this draft, but it is alot better today with Choice in the mix.

As for the Chicken Little bit, well, if you ever watched the movie, the Little man was actually right in the end.........the sky was actually falling. Guess what, with our pick today, Jerry saw like the Little man, and made another pick to make sure that the aliens didn't attack.

Sure you can be one of those guys that doubted Chicken Little, but the man was actually right.....Jerry saw that our picks were in fact deficient, and made a pick to fix the problem today.

I'm guessing we won't hear much more from the mensas in this thread. (super, star) :rolleyes:

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2058028 said:
I'm guessing we won't hear much more from the mensas in this thread. (super, star) :rolleyes:

True, today really said exactly what we were saying last night, no reason for them to respond. Choice was a good decision to make in light of what we did yesterday, just a little worried about spending so many resources on the position and still nothing on the WR front at all.

Like you, I'm happy with getting Choice today....thrilled, it was an absolute need when we drafted a guy like Felix so early and only underlines what we were saying last night.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Deep_Freeze;2058065 said:
True, today really said exactly what we were saying last night, no reason for them to respond. Choice was a good decision to make in light of what we did yesterday, just a little worried about spending so many resources on the position and still nothing on the WR front at all.

Like you, I'm happy with getting Choice today....thrilled, it was an absolute need when we drafted a guy like Felix so early and only underlines what we were saying last night.

I agree wholeheartedley.

rob1son

Reaction score
jjktkk;2056450 said:
Jerry stated that it was basically a "coin flip" between Mendenhall and Jones. IMO he picked Jones because Jones can not only share carries with Barber, but return kicks as well. IMO any back that is 6' 0"-200 lbs. is not a "scatback". I liked Medenhall and would of been happy if the Cowboys would of picked him, but I did have some reservations about him being a 1 year wonder in a weak conference. I also noticed that ESPN's Chris Mortensen and NFL Network's Mike Mayok, both of whose opinions I highly respect, gave a glowing endorsement on the Cowboys selecting Jones. Bottom line is that Jones and Mendenhall were pretty close in draft grade/value, but Jerry picked Jones because Jones offers more versatility than Mendenhall does.

No Jerry picked him because he is an Arkansas boy! The Arkansas conspiracy
continues!

marchetta

Reaction score
marchetta;2056266 said:
No he can't. Which is why we'll be bringing in another workhorse RB like JJ said either by draft or by FA. I feel we're going to be looking hard at Tashard Choice in tomorrow's draft. He's a complete RB that could carry the load if MBIII went down, or even a guy like Hillis (FB Arkansas) who is a versatile FB that could be a MBIII type of workhorse RB in a pinch.

Told ya! :D

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Felix Jones will make some of you guys look like idiots, not that will take much effort. You ever think about how he can line up wide as a WR in addition to all the other things he can do? No, I didn't think so. He's a weapon pure and simple. You're just too dense to realize it.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
It's hilarious that a good portion of our fanbase has wished we had someone similar to Brian Westbrook and now that we have what I think will be a better version, I'm hearing a bunch of crap. Get over it. Jones is a Cowboy. How bout you just becoming fans of Pittsburgh if you love Mr. Backup Mendenhall so much.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2058316 said:
Felix Jones will make some of you guys look like idiots, not that will take much effort. You ever think about how he can line up wide as a WR in addition to all the other things he can do? No, I didn't think so. He's a weapon pure and simple. You're just too dense to realize it.

Star4Ever;2058324 said:
It's hilarious that a good portion of our fanbase has wished we had someone similar to Brian Westbrook and now that we have what I think will be a better version, I'm hearing a bunch of crap. Get over it. Jones is a Cowboy. How bout you just becoming fans of Pittsburgh if you love Mr. Backup Mendenhall so much.

Please try to stay on subject. No one argued the versatility of Felix Jones. You can even call him "Slash" for all I care. The contention was that he could not carry the load if MB3's bruising running style caused him to be sidelined for any period of time. We argued this point with you last night (not sure why we wasted our collective breath) and it appears Jerry slept on it with the same feelings. Jerry righted the ship today. Thank goodness. Once again, please try to stay on subject. ;)

Signed,

Chicken Little

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2058525 said:
Please try to stay on subject. No one argued the versatility of Felix Jones. You can even call him "Slash" for all I care. The contention was that he could not carry the load if MB3's bruising running style caused him to be sidelined for any period of time. We argued this point with you last night (not sure why we wasted our collective breath) and it appears Jerry slept on it with the same feelings. Jerry righted the ship today. Thank goodness. Once again, please try to stay on subject. ;)

Signed,

Chicken Little
:laugh2:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's funny, if Felix hadn't declared this year, he would have been the undeniable lead back in Bobby Petrino's more-or-less pro style offense, taking handoffs from a QB under center. Without McFadden in front of him, he'd carry the ball just as much as other stud tailbacks do at their schools, and we wouldn't have any of these questions.