Can Mike afford to not go with experience at DC?

Aven8

Reaction score
I get Joe Whitt and Al Harris etc. Fresh and new etc. Having said that this is Mike’s final year perhaps and “all in” according to Jerry.

If it’s me I have to go find someone that has the experience. If they believe they are really that close it would be a huge gamble to go with a first time DC.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I get Joe Whitt and Al Harris etc. Fresh and new etc. Having said that this is Mike’s final year perhaps and “all in” according to Jerry.

If it’s me I have to go find someone that has the experience. If they believe they are really that close it would be a huge gamble to go with a first time DC.
Ron Rivera come on down!

Carson

Reaction score
has to be someone within. specially with MM beeing a sitting duck.

Vrabel only comes with intentions to take over as HC.
Reports are it’s Aden Durde. Which means Harris and Whitt are going to DC

links18

Reaction score
It's not going to be MM choice. He might bring back Nolan.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

That close to what?

blueblood70

Reaction score
has to be someone within. specially with MM beeing a sitting duck.

Vrabel only comes with intentions to take over as HC.
if im jerry, thats what i want , positive pressure.. win or out. This is the kind of pressure Mike McCarthy needs if you can't win this year and go deeper in the playoffs like an NFC championship game because you're worried about looking over your shoulder well that's the kind of pressure we need to see him overcome..

no way im allowing MM to choose anther DC sure allow his input but after Nolan and him allowing DQ to freelance without consequence. I know we don't like Jerry interfering but I think this is a case where you want Jerry to give his blessing or not and whoever's chosen and he should get the last say....

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you get a legit DC we are fine.

If we roll with Aden Durde we are screwed
it wouldn't make me very happy to have this dude promoted but you don't know this guy's going to be a failure like being screwed seriously how do you know he's not the best up and coming dude to ever hit the NFL

you don't know what these guys can do been sitting there all these years learning and just hungry it kind of like Dan Campbell where did he come from not much, I mean the dude didn't do much everybody had a passion for the game and he knew how to talk to players and get the most out of them there's a lot of young dudes I've never heard of that have gotten promoted over the years,

so this isn't the best choice for a fan but you don't know this dude could come in here and be the next hottest defensive coordinator ever we don't know this you don't know the guy I mean have you talked to him have you listen to him and his dreams and his plans like what he would like to do as a defensive coordinator how do you know that he won't be better than Dan Quinn or some of these other names he just needs a chance..

Again, I wouldn't agree with this choice but I wouldn't be calling it a death sentence or being screwed before I heard this guy talk and seeing what he can do I mean you're basically writing this dude off as if because you don't know who he is or what he might do then you're automatically it's a bust..