Can Rush give us 1 more win against Washington?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't take any games for granted, can Washington win? Yes. Cowboys are not putting up a lot of points right now and while we all want to see Dallas run the ball, you tend not to put up a lot of points doing that so Washington has a chance to stay in the game. Face it most rule changes have taken place in the passing game and why? because NFL wanted to see more scoring. If Cowboys can run the ball hopefully that will lead to big plays down the field for some quick strike plays. If not you are looking at a low scoring game and Washington should be able to hang around.
exactly and this is mostly because Rush is our QB if not we aren't having this conversation. dak has destroyed the east when given this type of defensive, st and run game support. the issues are against better teams hes not getting that support., the point differentials against the east the last 3 years with Dak standing, its comical.

Just saying this isn't a conversation with Dak at the helm, its why fans who say coop should remain the starter are not watching closely.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
easy?? not with Rush at qb we barely are winning these games

and BTW we were missing SIX starters ourselves, including our QB..keep that in mind.. eagles are benefiting from a healthy team right now but much like Miami last night the eagles are due and hope we are the ones that burst their bubble.

Good news it is looking like some of these missing player may return this game. I would also hope as Rush has seen more playing time they will look to open things up a bit more, still using the run but using play action for some deep shots down the field

Redline360

Reaction score
No reason why we shouldn't win this game with ease on "paper"

Wentz will be a turnover machine with the pressure and Washington defense is bottom tier through week 3

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Quite possible especially if get a little help from his friends, all 52 of them.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Rush can definitely beat Washington. I think Rush gives us a chance against the Rams even. They’re not playing great.

That game at Philly is going to be tough for the whole team so if Dak comes back for that game, he really needs to lift the team somehow.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Meanwhile....rumor has it the Egals will be facing a trap game courtesy of the their old coach. :muttley:

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Rush can definitely beat Washington. I think Rush gives us a chance against the Rams even. They’re not playing great.

That game at Philly is going to be tough for the whole team so if Dak comes back for that game, he really needs to lift the team somehow.
The oline has played better every game. That to me is a huge factor.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Yes, I think we should win this one. But with a backup QB it’s always a little of an unknown. My gut says we win
I think Washington was embarrassed last game so look for them to have fight especially against Dallas. We should win but last night Miami was supposed to win as well. A battle in the NFC East harkens back to another time and place when the Least was known as the Beast. Only older fans can probably remember those hard fought days against the Washington R'skins. Games were usually nail biters and so exciting. A cake walk this week? No way. But a win is a win.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Washington had pretty much any QB instead of Wentz, I'd say we'd have a tough game on our hands. Wentz is a doofus that will give up sacks and the ball several times. Unless Rush turns the ball over a ton, I think we pull this one out. Going to be another low scoring affair.

Dallas - 20
Washington - 13

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The Dallas Rush's by 10.

Agreed.

It may be close the first half— but our strength is at the LOS and we have a HUGE advantage vs their OL.

We look a bit vulnerable to the screen game, and a bit leaky at times vs the run— but Quinn and this D have made Brady and Burrow look pedestrian.

Unless the Commanders have an elite short passing game and Wentz can accurately get the ball off on schedule— I think they will likely be in for a long day.

Fmart322

Reaction score
The defense is the unit that will either win or lose this game for the cowboys.
I see the Cowboys offensive unit playing it safe, running the ball.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Washington Commanders, hate that name, are similar to the Giants, but are more talented.

They have legitimate skill players that can hurt the Cowboys, but their OL might be worse then what we just faced the last two weeks, especially if Wentz keeps on holding the football. Gibson has hurt us on the ground in the past. Outside receivers are very good.

Defensively they still have a formidable front even without Chase Young. Running might be tough sledding, especially early on. Their corners are better then what we just faced, but still very beatable.
I think we will move the ball pretty well, but I alos belive special teams and our defense provides us point in this game. I think we put 31 pts on them.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Gotta love Kearse after the game in December last year. Those fans wanted Dallas & our Boys whooped them....AGAIN! :