Can someone explain this?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look , all I'm going to say is that maybe some people do hate Prescott because of his "race" but also , the reason some support him is also only because of his "race" so it goes both ways...

As for me , I couldn't care less. I just hate the way he plays the game. He's the Jason Garrett of Quarterbacking... Always says the right stuff.. clapping and slapping butts . But doesn't have the guts to take a risk and will only go as far as others him.

I would love to have Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes as our QB..

So stop trying to make this into something it's not.

Say it Cowboy brother in a heartbeat!!!!

keysersoze

Reaction score
Since you brought it up..

Look at the eagles , does Foles demand to be a starter?

Foles just won a freaking Superbowl MVP and he is content with being the backup..

Dak brought this on himself the day he thought he was good enough to be the starter for America's team...

And don't give me that "coaches desicion" crap because if Dak had said "look , I had a good couple of games but I'm not ready. I need to sit for a year or two and work on some things while Romo starts" none of this would be happening..

The way things went down you could see Romo really wanted a chance to play and Prescott could have sat behind him for a year or two..

He has no one to blame but himself.
You have got to be joking. This comment is comedy at its finest!!! LMAO :lmao2:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Foles just won a freaking Superbowl MVP and he is content with being the backup..

Dak brought this on himself the day he thought he was good enough to be the starter for America's team...

And don't give me that "coaches desicion" crap because if Dak had said "look , I had a good couple of games but I'm not ready. I need to sit for a year or two and work on some things while Romo starts" none of this would be happening..

The way things went down you could see Romo really wanted a chance to play and Prescott could have sat behind him for a year or two..

Give me a break. Romo was broken down. If Romo was in his prime he would have beaten out Dak hands down. The guy could not stay healthy. Tired of wasting seasons on people that can't stay on the field. Not that we won anything with him anyway. If Dak is not the guy then so be it. Romo was through anyway. We had to move on. And BTW Romo knew it too otherwise he would have went to another team.

And comparing it to a highly drafted QB going into his 3rd year to a 19 year vet falling apart. lol

HungryLion

Reaction score

Man, you have really jumped the shark with this one.

No player in the history of the NFL, ever, has benched themselves for anything other than injury.

No player is going to tell the coach, hey coach, play the other guy and I’ll ride the bench.

You blaming Dak for the COACHES and front office decision to ride with Dak is one of the most absurd and ludicrous things I have ever heard on a football message board. It is beyond laughable.

We get it, you don’t like Dak and don’t think he is good enough. That’s ok to think that way. But making absolutely absurd comments like blaming Dak for not benching himself, that just takes hate and unjustified blame shifting to new levels.

kskboys

Reaction score
can somebody explain this too. Rush has no arm

Just to let you know, you are right about arm strength having almost nothing to do w/ the deep ball. Arm strength is about being able to throw 30 yard ropes through tight windows. Deep balls are generally 40-55 yd throws, and even guys w/ weak arms in the NFL can throw that far.

Rush has a lollipop arm.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Give me a break. Romo was broken down. If Romo was in his prime he would have beaten out Dak hands down. The guy could not stay healthy. Tired of wasting seasons on people that can't stay on the field. Not that we won anything with him anyway. If Dak is not the guy then so be it. Romo was through anyway. We had to move on. And BTW Romo knew it too otherwise he would have went to another team.

And comparing it to a highly drafted QB going into his 3rd year to a 19 year vet falling apart. lol
I meant to say 10 year veteran. It just felt like 19. lol

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Correct....but some just want OFF-LINEMAN galore .....anything and everything to be sacrificed for Dak to have the best tools around him....PATHETIC TIMES IN BIG D......and then we ask Marinelli to perform miracles with players who are either to young or lack the talent to make doomsday Great once again!
Spend 90 million for a STUD def-lineman are you kidding man!!!! lol
Last season our problem was to few offensive linemen

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
One thing, I'll support Dak if he continues to improve and we win. His rookie year he was great. I don't care what anyone says. He was a leader and more than a bus driver. He played pretty well through mid-season last year. Yes he had ups and downs. The guy's in his second year. The last part of the season he was awful. After that Atlanta game he wasn't the same QB. Looked like he didn't even belong in the NFL some weeks. I think getting pounded into the ground had an effect on him. He heard footsteps in his head. I don't know if he'll rebound. I'm not blindly loyal to any QB. I hope he can bounce back and be that leader he was in 2016. If he doesn't then I'll be ready to move on. We'll see what happens.

pansophy

Reaction score
We should be worried about the defense. With Zeke and the OL, Dak is good enough even if he is just in the top half of the league. Trent Dilfer won a super bowl.

Is it 5 years in a row now that a defensive player starts the year suspended? At what point do we stop trying to win on the defensive side of the ball with high risk reward players, whether that's conduct risk or injury risk?

CPanther95

Reaction score
We should be worried about the defense. With Zeke and the OL, Dak is good enough even if he is just in the top half of the league. Trent Dilfer won a super bowl.

Is it 5 years in a row now that a defensive player starts the year suspended? At what point do we stop trying to win on the defensive side of the ball with high risk reward players, whether that's conduct risk or injury risk?

Jerry waited way too long to build a defense and let the existing defense hit rock bottom. His only shot to play catch up was with high risk players everyone else was passing on, like Gregory and Jaylon, in hopes that he could build one on the cheap.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes defense should be priority no 1 for sure for sure! Trent won with one of the best defenses ever (Ravens 2000) and we are light years away from even being in that category defensively!
Players are not high risk there low end cheap money players or young rooks who we here in these forums turn them into HOF potential players even though there play on the field is average or below average at best. A lot of luck and prayers are required for them to produce above there pay grade and talent level. In order to improve the defense Trades have to be made and quality Fa paid. This requires Cap which is eaten up by the offense....A Jerry Jones run team ....i mean are we surprised?