Video: Can the Broncos stop the Cowboys?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I'm not. Miller will win his share of battles, but to win the game, every Bronco has to win like Miller...and that ain't happening. For me, the question is rather or not the Cowboys defense can have success against the Broncos offense similar to last week. If so, we win...because the Broncos are not going to prevent the Cowboys from scoring. They have a good defense, but I'd say the Giants is better...and we all know how that turned out.

We keep him to 1 or 2 sacks we did our job. Miller is not beating us on his own in this game They need a great team effort not only on D but they better move the ball and score points.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Video: Can the Broncos stop the Cowboys?
giphy.gif

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schlereth a major league homer and DC hater for good reason (I guess). But IMO his comments are pretty spot on. Semien had a pretty good game last week for a "game manager". It's going to be a war for 4 quarters. We protect the ball and keep running the ball, we should be ok.

Game Manager vs Game Manager

jday

Reaction score
No, but that was a 14 game sample vs 1 game this year. What's a better predictor?
What happened last week is a much better indicator of what will happen this week versus what happened for 14 weeks last year...but that's just my opinion. To be clear, I don't put Siemian in the top 15 of quarterbacks in the league; but that doesn't mean the Cowboys should overlook him. I have the Cowboys beating the Broncos...but I think Siemian will give the Cowboys more of a fight than did Eli.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I'm not. Miller will win his share of battles, but to win the game, every Bronco has to win like Miller...and that ain't happening. For me, the question is rather or not the Cowboys defense can have success against the Broncos offense similar to last week. If so, we win...because the Broncos are not going to prevent the Cowboys from scoring. They have a good defense, but I'd say the Giants is better...and we all know how that turned out.
They were in the bottom of the league last year for run defense.

They didn't change much in the off season in that respect.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I see this game as very similar to the Giants game. We're playing another team with a top 5 defense and a bad offense. I think this game will play out very similarly, with our pass rush looking good against a subpar to bad offensive line, and our elite offense will move the ball effectively against a great defense. Hopefully we can convert more of those long drives into TDs this game, as that was the one weak spot against the Giants.

Right now I think Denver's offense is considerably better than the Giants. Eli is slipping badly and they were without their best weapon. I think Denver will play us much tougher than N.Y., but I think we still win.

Gameover

Reaction score
If Dak plays like he did last season: No

If he plays like he did Sunday night: Yes

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What happened last week is a much better indicator of what will happen this week versus what happened for 14 weeks last year...but that's just my opinion. To be clear, I don't put Siemian in the top 15 of quarterbacks in the league; but that doesn't mean the Cowboys should overlook him. I have the Cowboys beating the Broncos...but I think Siemian will give the Cowboys more of a fight than did Eli.

I couldn't agree more. I actually see Siemian as being much improved over the rookie QB that he was last year. On top of that, Anderson is a load to stop when they're on offense, giving them balance that renders them far more capable than most here give them credit for.

Combine that with their insanely raucous crowd that drowns out opposing offensive signals. Then you have the makings of a trap game if our guys aren't focused on both sides of the ball. I do think we'll manage a win but by the narrowest of margins. It'll be no cakewalk, imho.

Last edited:

Maxmadden

Reaction score
The Dallas offense is going to lean on you. This is the battle cry for 2017.It has been the game plan from day 1. Defense is gravy.

Last edited:

jday

Reaction score
They were in the bottom of the league last year for run defense.

They didn't change much in the off season in that respect.
It will definitely be tough sledding, for sure, but, if I'm not mistaken, Demarcus Ware was a part of that group...so, I'd say that's a fairly significant change.

Also, as it turns out, the Cowboys were also in the bottom 5 of the league in terms of run defense, and I'd say with the addition of Jaylon and Paea, they have changed for the better.