Video: Can the Broncos stop the Cowboys?

haleyrules

Reaction score
I know. I look at it this way. Risen takes a lot of pride in his football "expertise" and anyone who really knows football, knows that Wentz is not in the same vicinity in terms of growth and ability at QB than Dak is. Deep down Risen knows this but he's all about stirring it up. He's the guy who farts aloud during nuptials at a small wedding. He's the guy who asks the minister to "speed it up" at a funeral so he can make a beer run before the liquor store closes.
In some terrible ways I can identify with that so I have to give him a like.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::hammer::hammer:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Then again, if TWill is out, Butler slides to WR2, and we may have Switzer and Cole in 4 receiver sets. That could be interesting, especially if Dak developed rapport with Switz in TC. Or we see some of Brown.

One thing, I don't expect much from the two WRs lining up against Talib and Harris Jr. unless we get hella creative.

I think with another game under his belt, La'El is gonna toss around VMiller.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
you nail the hammer on the head on someone making a claim out of something they want to see, but not seeing with their eyes.
don't come at me with "subtlety" either.

no... i'm not capitalizing my ish on purpose either. you figure it out.

i'm probably being too strong on this, but i do have standards... i should probably regress to the mean.

Reaction score
That there is the type of thinking upsets are made of. That was last year. This is this year. Or do you believe a player is doomed to be what ever he was in his rookie season for the remainder of his career?

Siemian wasn't a rookie last year, but I agree with you that looking at his stats last year is less helpful than what he did in week 1 this year. I still think the Broncos are going as far as their defense takes them, not their offense though.

Corso

Reaction score
Eh... I guess I'm falling on my own sword here.
I shall back off. Let cheap sarcasm and self-aggrandizement reign.

diefree666

Reaction score
Denver's defense is nowhere near what it was the year it won the SB. The offense is not as good as that year either (even with a dead arm Manning).

I think our O line gets Zeke enough room and Dak enough time to score 24-28 points. I do not see Denver scoring more than 17.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Denver's defense is nowhere near what it was the year it won the SB. The offense is not as good as that year either (even with a dead arm Manning).

I think our O line gets Zeke enough room and Dak enough time to score 24-28 points. I do not see Denver scoring more than 17.
Completely agree. They've lost a lot of pieces from that all-time D. Most recent being Ward.

Corso

Reaction score
Dak was great last season, not so much Sunday night
One game makes not a season. Dak had terrible games last season also. Including the games against NYG.
Remember? Or should we go into intellectual lazism?

jday

Reaction score
True... I'm a caution. Everything I say should be taken with heaps of salt.
Okay, I have a heap of salt in front of me...what do I do next? Smoke it? Snort it? Hurry up man, I've already read many of your post...I have catching up to do! :omg:

Corso

Reaction score
Okay, I have a heap of salt in front of me...what do I do next? Smoke it? Snort it? Hurry up man, I've already read many of your post...I have catching up to do! :omg:
Throw it down baby.
Accept the loss of consciousness and embrace the spiritualism that slams into you like a sledgehammer and write.
WRITE!

Gameover

Reaction score
One game makes not a season. Dak had terrible games last season also. Including the games against NYG.
Remember? Or should we go into intellectual lazism?

He wasn't terrible in the first games last or this year

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
No, that's the way to go, Corso. Kill em with Zeke and attack them in the slot. Concede Dez and TWill. Use Butler in 4 receiver sets, as that will free up him and Cole from their two first-team All-Pros

Roby in slot is pretty good too. But I agree, you run right at Von Miller and wear out that secondary and slow pass rush, nickel and dime with Witt and Beaze, THEN take off the top when they are gassed and crowding the LOS and the middle of the field.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Denver's offense will be more of a challenge if for no other reason than they are significantly better than NY at 4 of the 5 OL positions. The Giants have a truly awful line and it showed.

That said their run defense is not nearly as good as NY's. Their defense is built to stop the pass.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
It will definitely be tough sledding, for sure, but, if I'm not mistaken, Demarcus Ware was a part of that group...so, I'd say that's a fairly significant change.

Also, as it turns out, the Cowboys were also in the bottom 5 of the league in terms of run defense, and I'd say with the addition of Jaylon and Paea, they have changed for the better.
Ware barely played last season, my man. And they lost a safety and CB. And yah, it will be tough sledding. However I think Dallas gets in a.groove and takes it to them. JMO, of course.

jday

Reaction score
Ware barely played last season, my man. And they lost a safety and CB. And yah, it will be tough sledding. However I think Dallas gets in a.groove and takes it to them. JMO, of course.
I don't necessarily disagree...but against the Giants the Cowboys benefitted early from their offenses inability to stay on the field; their defense had their hands on their hips by the end of the first quarter.

If the Broncos establish anything offensive early, they will will be on equal footing and the Cowboys won't be able to press that advantage.

I really think we will see a stronger dose of the option, considering their commitment to shutting down the run. Dak might find alot of room if they are keying on Zeke.

Jstopper

Reaction score
It will definitely be tough sledding, for sure, but, if I'm not mistaken, Demarcus Ware was a part of that group...so, I'd say that's a fairly significant change.

Also, as it turns out, the Cowboys were also in the bottom 5 of the league in terms of run defense, and I'd say with the addition of Jaylon and Paea, they have changed for the better.

Gonna need you to check your stats again bro. We were #1 in the league in run defense last year