Can the Cowboys force Dak to ask for a trade?

Merlin

Reaction score
Who said extend him? You’re pivoting again…..The other stuff wasn’t worth mentioning….

You said get hurt….he got hurt last time and still got paid.

You said get benched….unless it’s for play him getting benched doesn’t hurt him.
You are the one pivoting and not making sense. Your initial post was why would Dak agree to a trade. You got reasons and then you pick one reason, Trey Lance, and start running with it. I have come to the conclusion you have no idea what you are talking about. Have a good day!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are the one pivoting and not making sense. Your initial post was why would Dak agree to a trade. You got reasons and then you pick one reason, Trey Lance, and start running with it. I have come to the conclusion you have no idea what you are talking about. Have a good day!
Did you it say he could get benched or get hurt? I guess this is your way of saying yeah it’s silly to want to trade someone who sucks….you won’t admit it but it’s fine. Have a good day!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have not a thing against him personally just think he is what he is and winning big isn’t his strength 8 years is enough maybe 9 could be more if Jerry really likes his guys. I can’t change it so it’s a wait and see what happens
Aye I’m out of the business of convincing people Dak is the guy for the Cowboys I just figured I asked. But I guess it’s a situation where….we take our frustration out on him since the real problem Jerry is here for the long haul…

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I don’t think they’re that calculated. I think they just didn’t feel like re-signing anyone and want to simplify things with rookie contracts replacing veterans. Plus with rookies there’s always the hope of growth.

Overshown, deuce, Tolbert, bass etc. they can sell the fans on growth from young guys.

But anyways if they start sending out vibes that they don’t want to re-sign dak. Wouldn’t he just openly ask to be traded? To just start fresh. He’s a good player in a bad situation. The fans don’t want to hear “well get em next time” anymore.

You get bombed off the field by our biggest rivals . That isn’t fun to watch y’all crumble. It’s sad and stressful.

So what if we get like a second and 5th round draft pick from someone? Raiders or Vikings it seems are possibilities. That pick turns into a first if he makes all pro or something.

The cowboys then start the year with trey lance and like a micheal penix or bo nix type to compete.

Does that seem like a more fun season for everyone? No more pressure for Dak. He gets paid by the raiders. The cowboys get a few picks to grow the roster out with young running backs receiver and tight ends
As of now he will be a FA next year. He also said in an interview he essentally doesnt care where he plays.

So i think the only thing you can do to make him seek a trade is to hurt his market value. And therefore you have to bench him for the whole season.

Right now this is the only idea i have. Else he just plays out his contract and will look for a big one next year. Be it us or anywhere else. He doesnt care.

Silverstar

Reaction score
It all comes down to whether or not Jerry wants to keep paying Dak.
I'm sure Jerry knows these numbers all too well.

Career Earnings
Troy Aikman - 55.5M
Tony Romo - 127.4M
Dak Prescott - 162.3M and counting

Brax

Reaction score
Aye I’m out of the business of convincing people Dak is the guy for the Cowboys I just figured I asked. But I guess it’s a situation where….we take our frustration out on him since the real problem Jerry is here for the long haul…
Yes Jerry is here for a while, if Dak is extended we just have to wait and see if anything changes.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
As of now he will be a FA next year. He also said in an interview he essentally doesnt care where he plays.

So i think the only thing you can do to make him seek a trade is to hurt his market value. And therefore you have to bench him for the whole season.

Right now this is the only idea i have. Else he just plays out his contract and will look for a big one next year. Be it us or anywhere else. He doesnt care.
I wonder what other players’ perception of benching Prescott would be? What would they think of a team owner that would not field his best line up? What would other teams think of a head coach that would acquiesce to such a thing?

Creeper

Reaction score
They can bench Dak for the 2024 season, which in a contract year would almost force him to ask for a trade. But the time to do that is probably passed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes Jerry is here for a while, if Dak is extended we just have to wait and see if anything changes.
Interested in seeing if they actually want him back. I’m 50/50 on it. Part of me feels like they are afraid to say their true intentions….i just refuse to believe they are stupid enough to think they can contend without actually improving the team….

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I wonder what other players’ perception of benching Prescott would be? What would they think of a team owner that would not field his best line up? What would other teams think of a head coach that would acquiesce to such a thing?
Haha, yes.

Well at least they all would be talking about us. Isnt that what JJ wants ?!

Win-Win Situation.

JBS

Reaction score
No they can't. They can only try to persuade him into waiving his no trade clause.

And Dak knows the best place for him financially (endorsements) is in Dallas.
You act like this means something. It means absolutely nothing if Dallas refuses to sign him.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Prescott was set up to fail by this ownership and the coaches. Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley already broke down those 2 INTs and explained how they were not Dak's fault.
Dallas had won 16 straight games at home. Dallas was favored to beat the youngest team in the NFL. Everything was set for Dallas to make the NFCCG.

Prescott failed miserable. He was horrible. Prescott didn't start playing till the game was already over at 48-16. GB was playing soft prevent defense this is why Prescott was able to achieve anything.

After EIGHT years that was enough. Prescott and Dallas will not win this year. That will then be NINE years. That is more than enough of a sample size that Prescott will not win in Dallas. This is why this must be the last year. It's time to turn the page.

I know you want Prescott to be the starting QB so he can win and you can call out all those who disagree with you. But it's time. You know it. It's ok if the dream never happens.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Prescott was set up to fail by this ownership and the coaches. Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley already broke down those 2 INTs and explained how they were not Dak's fault.
Any GM who has no real plan to run the ball or stop the run would be terminated mid season.

Last edited:

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Dude should leave the country.

If he wont be bi-polar and confuse himself...hell with him.

"Dont attack my family, but I'll attack yours"

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
they could bench him and start Lance, telling him they have already moved on.. Dak might seek one at that point but his best bet for a max payday is playing for the Cowboys this year.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That’s all true BD. But if I was Dak I would absolutely be asking for a trade. He may not make as much with endorsements somewhere else but IMO he’s in a terrible position in Dallas for his career. Going somewhere else would give a reset for his career.

Why is he in a terrible position? Because unless he leads the team to at least an NFC championship game in Dallas he will be seen (fair or not) as incapable of getting it done. If he goes to another team he would have at least for a while a fresh start.

If I was Dak, I would be pushing hard for a trade.
I hope he does, and I hope we give it to him.