Can the Cowboys force Dak to ask for a trade?

Chasing6

Reaction score
That’s all true BD. But if I was Dak I would absolutely be asking for a trade. He may not make as much with endorsements somewhere else but IMO he’s in a terrible position in Dallas for his career. Going somewhere else would give a reset for his career.

Why is he in a terrible position? Because unless he leads the team to at least an NFC championship game in Dallas he will be seen (fair or not) as incapable of getting it done. If he goes to another team he would have at least for a while a fresh start.

If I was Dak, I would be pushing hard for a trade.
Dak will wait it out. No reason to go to a team with no draft picks. His current endorsements are not all 1 year deals. When he gets to a new market, new local endorsements will come available.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
He was 2nd in NFL MVP 2023

Chiefs traded mahomes best weapon away Bc they knew machines could win with less. So his stats were down.

The eagles crumbled hurts took himself out of the running.

Rodgers tore his leg.

Burrow got hurt.

Dak just fell backwards into a one seed position with good stats. Beating up the nfc east.

When we needed him against San Fran Buffalo Miami or greenbay he didn’t make any one on the team better.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Chiefs traded mahomes best weapon away Bc they knew machines could win with less. So his stats were down.

Rodgers tore his leg.

Burrow got hurt.

Dak just fell backwards into a one seed position with good stats. Beating up the nfc east.

When we needed him against San Fran Buffalo Miami or greenbay he didn’t make any one on the team better.
Yeah that damn Prescott is horrible trying to stop the run. He’s just too small to play LB. And what the hell is wrong with Dakota for not averging 100 yards rushing yards a game on offense.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Any way forward is to partner Dak in a decision.
He may agree to certain trade partners provided his agent can work out the desired deals with those teams.
It certainly is worth discussion.

But Dallas isn't getting real trade capital for him unless they extend him at market rate but remove the no trade clause.
Then they could shop him and get full trade value.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I don’t think they’re that calculated. I think they just didn’t feel like re-signing anyone and want to simplify things with rookie contracts replacing veterans. Plus with rookies there’s always the hope of growth.

Overshown, deuce, Tolbert, bass etc. they can sell the fans on growth from young guys.

But anyways if they start sending out vibes that they don’t want to re-sign dak. Wouldn’t he just openly ask to be traded? To just start fresh. He’s a good player in a bad situation. The fans don’t want to hear “well get em next time” anymore.

You get bombed off the field by our biggest rivals . That isn’t fun to watch y’all crumble. It’s sad and stressful.

So what if we get like a second and 5th round draft pick from someone? Raiders or Vikings it seems are possibilities. That pick turns into a first if he makes all pro or something.

The cowboys then start the year with trey lance and like a micheal penix or bo nix type to compete.

Does that seem like a more fun season for everyone? No more pressure for Dak. He gets paid by the raiders. The cowboys get a few picks to grow the roster out with young running backs receiver and tight ends
They can sell the "growth"/"process" of jags to a few, but not to most fans. Not anymore. They've proven they have no clue, and grooming our own is just throwing darts for Jerry and Cap Boy.

My3Sons

Reaction score
If another team will give him a fat guarantee, he should request the trade. An unforeseen injury could cost him 8 or potentially 9 figures.

Not likely, but anything is possible.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Why would he want to go to a team with no draft picks? When he can simply wait until next year.

It makes zero sense.

Having no draft picks for a couple of years is crippling a team.
LOL so Dak’s going to get traded for 14 draft picks over the next couple of years? Only here can you read such nonsense.

leeblair

Reaction score
I don’t think they’re that calculated. I think they just didn’t feel like re-signing anyone and want to simplify things with rookie contracts replacing veterans. Plus with rookies there’s always the hope of growth.

Overshown, deuce, Tolbert, bass etc. they can sell the fans on growth from young guys.

But anyways if they start sending out vibes that they don’t want to re-sign dak. Wouldn’t he just openly ask to be traded? To just start fresh. He’s a good player in a bad situation. The fans don’t want to hear “well get em next time” anymore.

You get bombed off the field by our biggest rivals . That isn’t fun to watch y’all crumble. It’s sad and stressful.

So what if we get like a second and 5th round draft pick from someone? Raiders or Vikings it seems are possibilities. That pick turns into a first if he makes all pro or something.

The cowboys then start the year with trey lance and like a micheal penix or bo nix type to compete.

Does that seem like a more fun season for everyone? No more pressure for Dak. He gets paid by the raiders. The cowboys get a few picks to grow the roster out with young running backs receiver and tight ends
They can bench him and make a show of doing so and bring his value down unless he agrees to a trade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Rodgers tore his leg.

Burrow got hurt.

His job is to make Micah better? How much better should he make Lamb?