Can the Cowboys Put 60 On the Dolphins?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by plasticman, Sep 19, 2019.

1. hittheskids

hittheskids Active Member

83 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    But it's still a win. I just want a solid performance and the boys will win easily.

2. Hdsportsfan

Hdsportsfan Member

24 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I have read this whole thread.

Can we....probably. Should we.....no. Garrett doesn't have it in him to put up 60. If we did end up putting up 60....Miami is a whole lot worse than anybody thought they were/are.

Bullflop and Cowfan75 like this.
  3. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

4,710 Messages
    3,425 Likes Received
    No.

We run the ball too often (and predictably to protect leads) to put that kind of score on the board.

I see a 31-14 kind of score. Maybe higher on our end, but gun to my head I would take the points if I were a gambler.

jnday and Bullflop like this.
  4. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

12,694 Messages
    3,477 Likes Received
    This is one of the most idiotic threads I've ever read.

Jake likes this.
  5. zeroburrito

zeroburrito Well-Known Member

5,003 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    no. patriots had 2 touchdowns from interceptions and couldn't do it. the patriots also don't let their foot off the gas when it's a blowout. we do. win by 21 at most.

jnday likes this.
  6. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing Zone Supporter

5,974 Messages
    3,591 Likes Received
    It’d be great for my fantasy team if they did - but we all know that Garrett calls off the dogs after they get up by two touchdowns.

I expect to see a lot of Tony Pollard in this game.

Bullflop likes this.
  7. Cowboys1fan

Cowboys1fan Well-Known Member

549 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    Will be lucky to put up 35. Garrett is the right kind of guy he won’t run the score up he will lay down and run clock

jnday and Bullflop like this.
  8. camelboy

camelboy mgcowboy

3,840 Messages
    2,078 Likes Received
    If Taco plays ... Yes we can ...

LOL ... couldn't resist

:cool:

Pompey-Cowboy likes this.
  9. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

11,048 Messages
    8,952 Likes Received
    A little education here....Kellen Moore is from the Chris Peterson coaching tree. He won't run up the score after the 3rd quarter...if we have a big lead. My guess is...Kellen will take the foot off the gas and cruise to victory w/ some class.

jnday likes this.
  10. AtomicDog

AtomicDog Active Member

387 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    If Jimmy Johnson was still coaching I could see 60 points. But the Cowboys have never been the type to blow out people for fun. I'll be happy with a 24-10 victory.

11. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

2,962 Messages
    3,317 Likes Received
    Garrett would apologize if we scored 60 points.

jnday and mmohican29 like this.
  12. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

7,916 Messages
    1,116 Likes Received
    I remember hoping the boys could put up 24.

Oh yeah. That was the last two years.

Love how Dak has committed himself to coaching and has made significant changes to his release, footwork and reads. Much better playcalling and a few cupcakes early on the schedule don't hurt either.

Pre season is a joke. I love having a cupcake schedule early. It allows the boys to work out some details under live conditions. This season may be the perfect storm. Health will be the key over the long run.

23 years... been a long time.

13. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

16,062 Messages
    9,670 Likes Received
    We should look to stay healthy for the Saints,i say bench most starters on Defense if we are up by 20.

14. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

5,608 Messages
    8,369 Likes Received
    10 touches for Zeke with the big 3 on the sidelines by the end of the third quarter would be just fine with me.

15. DHCBF66

DHCBF66 Well-Known Member

1,155 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    The Pats put 43 with the defense scoring a couple times. Our offense is not better than the Pats and out defense isnt even close!

16. charron

charron Well-Known Member

3,954 Messages
    4,275 Likes Received

Kitna has made a huge difference. Dak used to hesitate, more worried about an int than belief in making the play. The play calling didnt help either. Now with more pre snap movement he can see the defense better/ quicker, he knows where to go and isnt isnt waiting till after the wr is open to throw. DKK is looking to be a really good trio. Dak has never scored 30 TD's in a season but is on pace to beat that number by 20 through thge air alone. Hes also shaved a half second off how long he holds the ball.

JBond likes this.
  17. Hot_Toddy

Hot_Toddy Well-Known Member

436 Messages
    310 Likes Received
    Uncertain of how many points we will put up on them. But we need to beat them by a large margin. Keep the pedal to the metal for 60 minutes against a supposed inferior team. That is what I have to see. That is what a great team does.

This game will be a good indicator of how our mindset is as a team. Never take any opponent lightly.

18. Pompey-Cowboy

Pompey-Cowboy Well-Known Member

732 Messages
    1,185 Likes Received
    I hope so, if we can get a W without overstretching ourselves and by playing some back ups then that is a very good week.

glimmerman likes this.
  19. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

20,526 Messages
    31,568 Likes Received
    *Ya , those are some obvious points to ponder( kinda' like that non-ball control bad ju-ju, I'd wizardly hexed them buffalo bills with in S.B.#27,,, ) as it quickly evolved into a self-perpetuating Feeding Frenzy once it's infectious capabilities spread amongst our "take away" players,,,o_O

* Hilarious, as I'd pulled yer'quote to respond after only reading thru the top 1/3rd of it,,& when it's "posted up" on the board( that's when they usually get the final 'good to go' last going over proof reading on my end,to spif up,or trim exceedingly redundant areas contained therein, of my participating posts)
    when I expanded & read yer' quoted post in it's entirety,,, & saw you as well,had deftly pointed to the s.b.#27 classic illustration,,, straight up truth/ no BS from my end on this:lmao2:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  20. Mr_C

Mr_C Carharris2

8,925 Messages
    9,248 Likes Received
    Why do I feel like we won’t cover?