Can the last remaining Dez fans at least accept who he really is?

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez didn’t ever have Romo again after signing his contract. He had injuries and Dak.

As I said earlier Dez is who he always was.

Dez will eventually get it and play for less somewhere else or he’ll be at home. But I’d bet with the right QB and situation he can still be a threat if he can be humbled.

That's going to be an interesting case study. It's possible. I think Dez is viewed by the league even worse than what I viewed him. No one wants him.

He's not as toxic as TO and TO had plenty of teams wanting to sign him. Dez doesn't seem to have much interest. I think it's because he can't run a route, he's mentally lazy and now we can see what a problem he is.

I am willing to concede it is always possible that Dez will catch on with a team and have a career resurgence. That was probably not possible with the Cowboys. Moving on was the right move for the Cowboys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah. That would have been my preference T the time, but I think Dez would have refused to sign and then opened up a whole new can of worms. I wanted to see him signed with about a #10 receiver type of contract. He got a top 3 level contract and there was almost no chance of Dez performing up to that level of a contract. B
There were several contributing factors. At the time we signed him stats were top 5.

That’s always a concern when you extend these guys if they’ll continue at that level. Often these extensions are also a reward for what they’ve done in their lesser Rookie contracts.

But at the time the plan was with Romo for several more years which I think if Romo was still here this argument would be much different if at all.

Verdict

Reaction score
There were several contributing factors. At the time we signed him stats were top 5.

That’s always a concern when you extend these guys if they’ll continue at that level. Often these extensions are also a reward for what they’ve done in their lesser Rookie contracts.

But at the time the plan was with Romo for several more years which I think if Romo was still here this argument would be much different if at all.

Yeah. That was the club's thinking at the time. I would have never done that contract if Inwere the Cowboys. Too much team risk involved.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's going to be an interesting case study. It's possible. I think Dez is viewed by the league even worse than what I viewed him. No one wants him.

He's not as toxic as TO and TO had plenty of teams wanting to sign him. Dez doesn't seem to have much interest. I think it's because he can't run a route, he's mentally lazy and now we can see what a problem he is.

I am willing to concede it is always possible that Dez will catch on with a team and have a career resurgence. That was probably not possible with the Cowboys. Moving on was the right move for the Cowboys.
It defintely didn’t look possible with Dak and a 26th ranked passing offense which we probably don’t need to invest in WR of that potential caliber now.

Dez unwilling to play for less and his rhetoric is preventing him other offers not his ability or the Ravens wouldn’t have offered him a deal.

And Dez could never run a route. It didn’t stop him from making All Pro , multiple Pro Bowls and Cowboys all time TD record. That was raw ability despite being an idiot and thug.

Verdict

Reaction score
It defintely didn’t look possible with Dak and a 26th ranked passing offense which we probably don’t need to invest in WR of that potential caliber now.

Dez unwilling to play for less and his rhetoric is preventing him other offers not his ability or the Ravens wouldn’t have offered him a deal.

And Dez could never run a route. It didn’t stop him from making All Pro , multiple Pro Bowls and Cowboys all time TD record. That was raw ability despite being an idiot and thug.

Dez' ability to score TDs got him paid, but he was Romo's primary option around the goal line. That artificially inflated his TDs a bit, but there is no denying he caught them.

Verdict

Reaction score

It's possible Dez will have a career resurgence. I don't believe he will. I'm not even sure he will get a job. He has to find an employer first.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
If dak wasn't so scared of him, he would have told him to learn how to run a route and he will get the ball. Dak is scared to throw it unless you are very open. :clap:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dez' ability to score TDs got him paid, but he was Romo's primary option around the goal line. That artificially inflated his TDs a bit, but there is no denying he caught them.
If he was a weapon with Romo that eventually took us to a championship how much would his value had risen or at least justified his contract? Just saying...

Unfortunately we never got an opportunity to reap the benefits of his or Romo’s extension.

Verdict

Reaction score
If he was a weapon with Romo that eventually took us to a championship how much would his value had risen or at least justified his contract? Just saying...

Unfortunately we never got an opportunity to reap the benefits of his or Romo’s extension.
I'm as big of a Romo fan as anyone here. You are preaching to the choir on that one.

I don't hate Dak though. I hope he wins us a SB this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's possible Dez will have a career resurgence. I don't believe he will. I'm not even sure he will get a job. He has to find an employer first.
Who’s knows what happens. If Dez finally realizes his mouth is a deterrent along with his contract demands he’ll land a job like he was offered in Baltimore and like I said with right QB could still be an asset.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm as big of a Romo fan as anyone here. You are preaching to the choir on that one.

I don't hate Dak though. I hope he wins us a SB this year.
We’re all hoping Dak leads us to a SB. Criticizing his passing ability weaknesses is not hating.

I’m 64 years old. I don’t Conduct childish hating but I am a critic.

Verdict

Reaction score
Who’s knows what happens. If Dez finally realizes his mouth is a deterrent along with his contract demands he’ll land a job like he was offered in Baltimore and like I said with right QB could still be an asset.

We will have to wait and see on that one. It could be a long wait. Don't hold your breath!

Verdict

Reaction score
We’re all hoping Dak leads us to a SB. Criticizing his passing ability weaknesses is not hating.

I’m 64 years old. I don’t Conduct childish hating but I am a critic.

Yeah. That's true. I never said anything about that though.

Verdict

Reaction score
He’ll land somewhere this season or he’ll never play again. My money is this year, sooner than later.
The field appears pretty thin for Dez right now. Someone may bite. But it's not a certainty he makes it through training camp.

superonyx

Reaction score
Well that's not good. Hopefully they will straighten that out! I think all banks are required to have ATMs in Braille. Maybe you should lodge a complain at the bank.

You must be an expert at typing blind to be able to hang here. That's a pretty impressive skill set.
Thats what i keep telling the bank manager closest to me. I tell him that when i drive my motorcycle all the way to his bank and he doesn't have English Braille that it makes it hard. He thinks having Spanish Braille is good enough. It's bad enough that my side car is on the left side of my bike so i have to get off the bike and walk around to access the ATM.

Verdict

Reaction score
Thats what i keep telling the bank manager closest to me. I tell him that when i drive my motorcycle all the way to his bank and he doesn't have English Braille that it makes it hard. He thinks having Spanish Braille is good enough. It's bad enough that my side car is on the left side of my bike so i have to get off the bike and walk around to access the ATM.

That's wonderful news! Keep on keepin' on!

Thanks for coming and hanging out with us. Let us know what your contract outlook is Dez!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Motorcycle, Big Wheel....Whatever.