Can the last remaining Dez fans at least accept who he really is?

superonyx

Reaction score
I commented on what you actually said, and your rebuttle to that is based on something you did not say, and you support it by suggesting I have said things I did not say. You don’t even have semantics to stand on, you are just adjusting your narrative, and even exaggerating and fabricating.

As for us not being a top tier organization at this point, I never suggested otherwise, but there is a lot of territory between not being top tier, and being a constant joke among all NFL fans and the league itself.
You couldn’t help yourself...
Someone said we are a perennial 8-8 team when we were 9-7 last year....I must spend time trying to correct this internet person...how dare he. Now I’ll go back and forth over and over because I have to hold someone to the literal definition of what they said......we were 9-7....ahhhh Gotcha!!!!

This is you.

Verdict

Reaction score
Told my son he could have my Dez jersey to use as a practice jersey in pee wee this year. I'm a Cowboys fan first and a fan of the players second. I defended Dez to anyone that would listen for years, but its clear the guy has issues and it was time to move on.

I wish I had a Dez jersey. It would be nice for target practice or something like that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can't really have a rational conversation with him. He just wants to bully everyone into believing the same things he does. He wants to silence anyone who doesn't agree with him and makes everything personal. Lol. He really gets his panties all bunched up in a wad fairly easily.

You can just literally feel the hate he has for me because I look at Dez differently than he does. It's crazy but you can see it. I'm just having fun having a conversation about a reasonable point of view, but he will have none of it. Lol

I think taking things personally might be where the idea that the Cowboys are a joke comes from. I’ve heard some say the team is a laughingstock. Not only is that exaggerated, it makes it seem as if the poster takes it as a personal insult - as if someone laughing at the Cowboys is a personal attack on them.

Verdict

Reaction score
What do you mean by "corn" in this regard?

Literally corn. You know. The vegetable that grows on ears in the field or garden. Corn.

I'm lumping you in with the other crows who are flocking to this thread to defend Dez and attack me. It may be all gone by now. But be careful they may attack you too.

bud914

Reaction score
get-a-life.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You couldn’t help yourself...
Someone said we are a perennial 8-8 team when we were 9-7 last year....I must spend time trying to correct this internet person...how dare he. Now I’ll go back and forth over and over because I have to hold someone to the literal definition of what they said......we were 9-7....ahhhh Gotcha!!!!

This is you.

Apparently you need to look up the definition of “perennial”. One year is not perennial. We were 13-3 the year before, 4-12 before that, and 12-4 before that. There is no “perennial” with those numbers - no ongoing trend of similar results every year. Perennial applied to 2011-2013, but that was 4-6 years ago.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think taking things personally might be where the idea that the Cowboys are a joke comes from. I’ve heard some say the team is a laughingstock. Not only is that exaggerated, it makes it seem as if the poster takes it as a personal insult - as if someone laughing at the Cowboys is a personal attack on them.

Agreed. There are vast opinions about where we are right now. They seem to vary mostly around the middle of the pack. But some extremes on both ends. I'm more optimistic than most but realize that anything can happen.

Those guys take almost EVERYTHING personally and almost always drag it that direction. They want to drown out an opinion that they don't like.

I'm standing up against that because it's wrong, it deters people from posting and diversity of ideas and rational discussion is healthy. Yeah. I'm posting stuff I know they don't like and standing my ground because it is legitimate discussion. They can get over it or avoid the thread.

They knew what they were going to discuss when they came here and they came here anyway. They won't put me on ignore because they can't stand the thought of me Dez bashing and then not being able to refute it.

Whatever. They need to quite frankly grow up. They are sure to show up anytime I say anything about Dez. They do it to other posters too. It's rediculous. But it is super fun for me.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. There are vast opinions about where we are right now. They seem to vary mostly around the middle of the pack. But some extremes on both ends. I'm more optimistic than most but realize that anything can happen.

Those guys take almost EVERYTHING personally and almost always drag it that direction. They want to drown out an opinion that they don't like.

I'm standing up against that because it's wrong, it deters people from posting and diversity of ideas and rational discussion is healthy. Yeah. I'm posting stuff I know they don't like and standing my ground because it is legitimate discussion. They can get over it or avoid the thread.

They knew what they were going to discuss when they came here and they came here anyway. They won't put me on ignore because they can't stand the thought of me Dez bashing and then not being able to refute it.

Whatever. They need to quite frankly grow up. They are sure to show up anytime I say anything about Dez. They do it to other posters too. It's rediculous. But it is super fun for me.

Agreed on all of this. Like you, I tend to be a little on the positive side, but know anything can happen. I have no problem if someone tends to be a little more on the pessimistic side, but they should also accept that anything can happen. Going from 8-8 to 12-4 to 4-12 to 13-3 to 9-7 the last 5 years absolutely proves anything can happen and there are no guarantees, either on the positive or negative side. Unfortunately there are those fans you mentioned who only choose to see extremes

superonyx

Reaction score
Apparently you need to look up the definition of “perennial”. One year is not perennial. We were 13-3 the year before, 4-12 before that, and 12-4 before that. There is no “perennial” with those numbers - no ongoing trend of similar results every year. Perennial applied to 2011-2013, but that was 4-6 years ago.
You seem to not understand what I was saying so I’ll give you a pass and try again.
When someone says we are a perennial 8-8 team what they are saying is that we are always an average team. Not elite. The 8-8 thing is .500 which isn’t bad but isn’t great...just an average team that can swing up one year and down the next based on a few breaks or a few unlucky breaks. Teams like the Steelers, Packers, Pats, are the class of the league.
We are just middle of the road average.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seem to not understand what I was saying so I’ll give you a pass and try again.
When someone says we are a perennial 8-8 team what they are saying is that we are always an average team. Not elite. The 8-8 thing is .500 which isn’t bad but isn’t great...just an average team that can swing up one year and down the next based on a few breaks or a few unlucky breaks. Teams like the Steelers, Packers, Pats, are the class of the league.
We are just middle of the road average.

It means that if you are using the language incorrectly and providing a false definition of the word. When I use the word perennial, I actually mean perennial. I think most people do.

In any case, just as with your notion that everyone is laughing at the Cowboys, you took this too personally, and have exaggerated it. Had you merely said that perennial wasn’t the right word it would have been over and done, and I would have been cool with that. I’ve posted using a word that didn’t really fit what I meant before myself, and when called on it I was happy to admit it was the wrong word so I could move on and better explain myself. In short, I don’t care that you may have used a word you didn’t intend, just accept it and move on instead of insisting that you accurately represented the Cowboys.

Verdict

Reaction score
Agreed on all of this. Like you, I tend to be a little on the positive side, but know anything can happen. I have no problem if someone tends to be a little more on the pessimistic side, but they should also accept that anything can happen. Going from 8-8 to 12-4 to 4-12 to 13-3 to 9-7 the last 5 years absolutely proves anything can happen and there are no guarantees, either on the positive or negative side. Unfortunately there are those fans you mentioned who only choose to see extremes

I'm ok with then having an extreme point of view. It's when they bash you and want to silence your opinion that it's not OK anymore.

Verdict

Reaction score
It means that if you are using the language incorrectly and providing a false definition of the word. When I use the word perennial, I actually mean perennial. I think most people do.

In any case, just as with your notion that everyone is laughing at the Cowboys, you took this too personally, and have exaggerated it. Had you merely said that perennial wasn’t the right word it would have been over and done, and I would have been cool with that. I’ve posted using a word that didn’t really fit what I meant before myself, and when called on it I was happy to admit it was the wrong word so I could move on and better explain myself. In short, I don’t care that you may have used a word you didn’t intend, just accept it and move on instead of insisting that you accurately represented the Cowboys.

If he walked up to an ATM and clicked on the wrong language he wouldn't click the back button and start over. He would compound his original mistake by continuing to plow forward compounding his original mistake many times fold.

superonyx

Reaction score

We almost agree...almost.
I didn’t use the phrase “perennial 8-8 team” incorrectly..meaning I used it knowing it’s not literally true. I used it to say we are always an average team....I never meant that every single season we are 8-8. It’s a saying....it’s not meant to be taken literally.
But I get that some times people don’t get all sayings and feel the need to be very literal.

And everyone is laughing at the cowboys. We are not making any of the contenders worry about us. The perception is that we will fold and crap the bed (not literally) in the end.
This is who we are under JG.

Verdict

Reaction score
We almost agree...almost.
I didn’t use the phrase “perennial 8-8 team” incorrectly..meaning I used it knowing it’s not literally true. I used it to say we are always an average team....I never meant that every single season we are 8-8. It’s a saying....it’s not meant to be taken literally.
But I get that some times people don’t get all sayings and feel the need to be very literal.

And everyone is laughing at the cowboys. We are not making any of the contenders worry about us. The perception is that we will fold and crap the bed (not literally) in the end.
This is who we are under JG.

If you really believe that why not go find a team more to your liking. Perhaps Dez will get a job in a year or two in Toronto or Edmonton and you can follow his new team!

superonyx

Reaction score
If he walked up to an ATM and clicked on the wrong language he wouldn't click the back button and start over. He would compound his original mistake by continuing to plow forward compounding his original mistake many times fold.
Incorrect...I am blind so when I drive up to the ATM and they don’t have the keys in Braille I usually have to drive to the next bank and hope they have the courtesy to put the keys in Braille in the drive through lanes.