News: Can Tony Romo Ever Get The Respect His Play Demands?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
No one has a crystal ball not even those who played and coached the game but it does come down to the play of the QB most of the time in the playoffs. I don't agree that it's "all" about the QB but playoff games and SB's usually come down to the QB having to make a play we saw that this past season. You're not going to have much of a team without a solid QB. You take Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Peyton Manning and several other solid QB's off their teams and none of those teams will be near the same.

Look at Denver before Manning got there and look at Indy after Manning left they went 2-14. Andrew Luck turned a 2-14 Colts team into an 11-5 playoff team overnight. Luck has already won 3 playoff games leading the Colts to the AFC title game last season. The Colts would be a 5-8 win team at best without Luck. When Luck plays poorly the Colts get killed look at their game vs the Cowboys and their playoff game vs Pats. It's practically a one man show in Indy.

I personally signed you up to volunteer for a ride in your car and lunch at Gladstones which is presumably right down from your house if you really live in Malibu - to a fellow Zoner. It's in a thread about Oxnard. Thanks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I personally signed you up to volunteer for a ride in your car and lunch at Gladstones which is presumably right down from your house if you really live in Malibu - to a fellow Zoner. It's in a thread about Oxnard. Thanks.

Just went to checkout that post nice little snide remark you left at the end thanks for alerting me. By the way it's not a Lambo it's a Ferrari and the only ride you'll be taking is off my discussion list....VROOM!!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Same tired, wrong, arguments each and every year.

At least I'm not spending as much time rehashing this stuff. What's the point...if they are wrong and will always be wrong. Lol

It got to point where I felt like when I was arguing that Romo is plenty good enough, the opposition--however crazy the idea might be that anyone could even oppose something that seems so obvious--always said the same old tired stuff regardless how well he played.

Almost feels like I'll say
2 + 2 = 4
Response..."uh! no it doesn't! It equals 17.

Next year I say:
2 + 2 = 4
Response...."uh....no it doesn't. It equals 17. And I'll write 10 pages describing why"

Next month.
Same thing

Next month
Same thing

In the end, I dont't give a crap how many pages one writes defending their position that says 2 + 2 = 17
It still won't make it true

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Same tired, wrong, arguments each and every year.

It's the same tiring argument sometimes multiple times a year and all the passer rating tabulations, stats and QB differentials aren't going to change anything. The measuring stick QB's are judged by are playoff wins and SBs unless they're setting NFL passing records. Romo finishes behind several of his peers each season amongst the glamour stats yards and TD's. Many of his peers rank ahead of him in the biggest glamour stat there is for a QB career passing yards.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seeing you feel that way this shouldn't hurt too much...see ya!

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/kicked-out_zpsrelkr32c.jpg

lmao....Dude, if you keep putting people that don't agree or see the convoluted things you do and then put them on ignore you will eventually be talking to yourself!

Of course, that might not be bad since you are a legend in your own mind!

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
It's the same tiring argument sometimes multiple times a year and all the passer rating tabulations, stats and QB differentials aren't going to change anything. The measuring stick QB's are judged by are playoff wins and SBs unless they're setting NFL passing records. Romo finishes behind several of his peers each season amongst the glamour stats yards and TD's. Many of his peers rank ahead of him in the biggest glamour stat there is for a QB career passing yards.

But if you're NOT considering the motivations which lead a team to pass for 'volume yards' - you may be overlooking the big picture. Teams that lack a consistent running game tend towards the passing game - and their opponents generally anticipate this. Teams that generally play from behind ALSO tend towards the passing game - also anticipated by their opponents.

That is why YPA is a more telling statistic. Pro football should be about efficiency - at each and every position. And those metrics which deal with efficiency are becoming THE standard measurement in sports today.

Track Romo's YPA and you will see a QB that performs on a consistent basis season-after-season. Those of us that understand this will continue to assert this one point, which you are unlikely to EVER overcome - TEAMS succeed... TEAMS win championships.

Last edited:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Won loss records and stats are for losers.

Winning titles such as the Eastern Division a few times doesn't get it.

Romo despite all his love has way less wins in the playoffs than Don Meredith, Danny White and even Craig Morton..

who got us into a SB and nearly won it.

Romo has had better personnel, better coaches and schemes expressly designed to take advantage of his scrambling skills and shortcomings to make him be as good as he is.

Nobody can argue his passion.

And against .500 teams he succeeds for the most part.

But as measured against the best teams with the best QBs..

I think he struggles too much.

That's not bashing him.

To me..it's just the way it has been.

'Eastern Division'?... are you for real?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Just went to checkout that post nice little snide remark you left at the end thanks for alerting me. By the way it's not a Lambo it's a Ferrari and the only ride you'll be taking is off my discussion list....VROOM!!!

Whoa! That's a little harsh. I've defended you in the past because although a little verbose, you are a good poster who know's his stuff. After all you were at one of my favorite games (the Pasadena Super Bowl against the Bills).

And it wasn't a snide remark, it was a joke which I thought for sure you would get but alas...I was wrong. I don't think I've ever put somebody off my list - nobody really gets to me personally like that and I enjoy the give and take. I guess I just don't take myself so seriously. I work with celebrities every day and the best one are those who don't either.

It's okay - tell you what - I'll pick him up and take him to Gladstones. It's his first trip to LA - I'm just cool like that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Whoa! That's a little harsh. I've defended you in the past because although a little verbose, you are a good poster who know's his stuff. After all you were at one of my favorite games (the Pasadena Super Bowl against the Bills).

And it wasn't a snide remark, it was a joke which I thought for sure you would get but alas...I was wrong. I don't think I've ever put somebody off my list - nobody really gets to me personally like that and I enjoy the give and take. I guess I just don't take myself so seriously. I work with celebrities every day and the best one are those who don't either.

It's okay - tell you what - I'll pick him up and take him to Gladstones. It's his first trip to LA - I'm just cool like that.

I waited to see what kind of response you would have if any before crossing you out because we've never had any real issues in the past and you've never been one to wage a personal attack at least not against me. However steering completely away from this topic and alerting me to a post you submitted in another thread talking about where I live, the car I drive and my financial status that I've never discussed on this board made it appear you were taking a slap and trying to stir something up. It's not like I haven't been attacked in this thread so anytime I see what appears to be a flame tossed I'm quick to put it out so this thread stays running smoothly. I have to deal with inflammatory comments, insults and personal attacks practically on a daily basis simply because a few fragile, weak minded posters don't agree with my opinions. Every view I have gets the screws grinding inside the heads of a few causing them to meltdown making themselves look foolish.

In the past I use to take a few jabs back but things would get out of hand causing the mods to have to step in. I would get so under the skin of a few that threads would turn into a free for all with others joining in playing monkey see monkey do. I've been given no choice by the rules that are in place to block these malcontents who are just looking to start some trouble. Crossing out the shrunken heads makes my life easier here and the mods job a lot easier. I get attacked for everything from the butt hurt patrol that I'm sure still follows me around with wounds that are still festering from discussions they probably still lose sleep over. Go through this thread and see what I've had to deal with just from giving honest football opinions. When you post online you're going to run into some drips who have a 3 ring circus going on inside their head.

You have to understand It's hard to tell where someone is coming from with all the shots that are fired my way. If someone is going to argue with me they better be wearing their big pants and not a diaper because I don't have time for cry babies. I've learned from the past that you have to move on from those who are bitter and have hate on their agenda because it leads to getting benched. Seeing that you responded back in a sensible mature way which never happens here we're still good. I have to send a message to those who just want to come around to antagonize, hate and cry like spurned women that I'm not wasting my time with them. Anyone who gets that wound up over someone's FOOTBALL views should seriously consider therapy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But if you're NOT considering the motivations which lead a team to pass for 'volume yards' - you may be overlooking the big picture. Teams that lack a consistent running game tend towards the passing game - and their opponents generally anticipate this. Teams that generally play from behind ALSO tend towards the passing game - also anticipated by their opponents.

That is why YPA is a more telling statistic. Pro football should be about efficiency - at each and every position. And those metrics which deal with efficiency are becoming THE standard measurement in sports today.

Track Romo's YPA and you will see a QB that performs on a consistent basis season-after-season. Those of us that understand this will continue to assert this one point, which you are unlikely to EVER overcome - TEAMS succeed... TEAMS win championships.

I consider everything read my posts. Some teams pass a lot by design because that's their strength due to their QB. Romo has always been an efficient QB everyone understands that we've all seen his efficiency ratings but unless his efficiency leads to more playoff wins and a championship he'll never get the respect Cowboys Nation believes he should. Teams succeed that have solid QB's and without the right QB you're not going anywhere as a team. An unstable QB situation can screw an entire team up. The QB is the engine that makes it all run. There's no position that can turn a team around quicker than adding a productive, efficient franchise QB.

The most telling measurement to how a QB has performed is their W/L record especially in the playoffs. Stats can be misleading especially the passer rating stat because a QB can maintain a high passer rating despite multiple turnovers if they can throw a TD and keep their completion percentage high. One turnover by a QB at the wrong moment can help cost their team a game despite a very high passer rating we've seen that with Romo. No stat tells you how a game probably played out more than a QB's TD to turnover ratio.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I waited to see what kind of response you would have if any before crossing you out because we've never had any real issues in the past and you've never been one to wage a personal attack at least not against me. However steering completely away from this topic and alerting me to a post you submitted in another thread talking about where I live, the car I drive and my financial status that I've never discussed on this board made it appear you were taking a slap and trying to stir something up. It's not like I haven't been attacked in this thread so anytime I see what appears to be a flame tossed I'm quick to put it out so this thread stays running smoothly. I have to deal with inflammatory comments, insults and personal attacks practically on a daily basis simply because a few fragile, weak minded posters don't agree with my opinions. Every view I have gets the screws grinding inside the heads of a few causing them to meltdown making themselves look foolish.

In the past I use to take a few jabs back but things would get out of hand causing the mods to have to step in. I would get so under the skin of a few that threads would turn into a free for all with others joining in playing monkey see monkey do. I've been given no choice by the rules that are in place to block these malcontents who are just looking to start some trouble. Crossing out the shrunken heads makes my life easier here and the mods job a lot easier. I get attacked for everything from the butt hurt patrol that I'm sure still follows me around with wounds that are still festering from discussions they probably still lose sleep over. Go through this thread and see what I've had to deal with just from giving honest football opinions. When you post online you're going to run into some drips who have a 3 ring circus going on inside their head.

You have to understand It's hard to tell where someone is coming from with all the shots that are fired my way. If someone is going to argue with me they better be wearing their big pants and not a diaper because I don't have time for cry babies. I've learned from the past that you have to move on from those who are bitter and have hate on their agenda because it leads to getting benched. Seeing that you responded back in a sensible mature way which never happens here we're still good. I have to send a message to those who just want to come around to antagonize, hate and cry like spurned women that I'm not wasting my time with them. Anyone who gets that wound up over someone's FOOTBALL views should seriously consider therapy.

Nobody is following you around all 'butt hurt' - that's in YOUR head. And, judging by the length of this valentine, you seem to have a LOT of spare mental capital. Not to mention time. Just saying.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Won loss records and stats are for losers.

W/L records are attached to the QB position and that's the measuring stick they're judged by. Show me a QB who loses more games than they win in the regular season and I'll show you a QB who's either carrying a clipboard or is unemployed.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I consider everything read my posts. Some teams pass a lot by design because that's their strength due to their QB. Romo has always been an efficient QB everyone understands that we've all seen his efficiency ratings but unless his efficiency leads to more playoff wins and a championship he'll never get the respect Cowboys Nation believes he should. Teams succeed that have solid QB's and without the right QB you're not going anywhere as a team. An unstable QB situation can screw an entire team up. The QB is the engine that makes it all run. There's no position that can turn a team around quicker than adding a productive, efficient franchise QB.

The most telling measurement to how a QB has performed is their W/L record especially in the playoffs. Stats can be misleading especially the passer rating stat because a QB can maintain a high passer rating despite multiple turnovers if they can throw a TD and keep their completion percentage high. One turnover by a QB at the wrong moment can help cost their team a game despite a very high passer rating we've seen that with Romo. No stat tells you how a game probably played out more than a QB's TD to turnover ratio.

Romo's TD-to-INT ratio continues to be over 2-to-1. Point NOT made. Romo is like the starting pitcher with a low ERA and a poor W-L record - neither got the support from their teammates required for overall team success. But, like music to the deaf ear, this won't penetrate the close-minded.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nobody is following you around all 'butt hurt' - that's in YOUR head. And, judging by the length of this valentine, you seem to have a LOT of spare mental capital. Not to mention time. Just saying.

Judging by that response sounds like I'm in your head. LOL If my posts are going to cause you to grind your teeth don't read them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo's TD-to-INT ratio continues to be over 2-to1. Point NOT made. Romo is like the starting pitcher with a low ERA and a poor W-L record - neither got the support from their teammates required for overall team success. Deaf ears.

In the playoff games Romo has lost his TD to turnover ratio is 4-4 compared to the winning QB's who had a TD to turnover ratio of 11-2.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
In the playoff games Romo has lost his TD to turnover ratio is 4-4 compared to the winning QB's who had a TD to turnover ratio of 11-2.

And it never occurred to you that THIS may be the product of an inept Dallas DEFENSE? Check out the QB ratings of the opponent QBs in those losing playoff efforts:

2014 - Aaron Rodgers - GB - 125.4 - L
2014 - Matthew Stafford - DET - 87.7 - W
2009 - Brett Favre - GB - 134.4 - L
2009 - Donovan McNabb - PHI - 68.5 - W
2007 - Eli Manning - NYG - 132.4 - L
2006 - Matt Hasselbeck - SEA - 66.9 - L

The fumbled FG snap game against Seattle was about the only loss where the Dallas defense DIDN'T do their best (worst) to aid and abet the opposing QB into the halls of Canton.

Last edited: