News: Can Tony Romo Ever Get The Respect His Play Demands?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You're adorable. Don't change, ok?

You're continuing to say I was wrong about something that was proven to be 100% correct. LOL Stop crying over it just grit your teeth and let it go.

KJJ's just expressing his opinions. Nothing wrong with being wrong on the internet.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You're adorable. Don't change, ok?

Hmmm....this is a good post! Maybe everyone should just bow down to everything he says and agree with his confusion about football, maybe that will pacify his Narcissism? lol

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmmm....this is a good post! Maybe everyone should just bow down to everything he says and agree with his confusion about football, maybe that will pacify his Narcissism? lol

I've seen KJJ be proven dead wrong on scores and scores of topics, and never once seen him admit it or even let somebody have the last word. But he's an avid fan and an avid poster and he doesn't really get abusive ever. He's just persistent and often-wrong on the internet. No harm in that, right? At least, i got no problem with it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I've seen KJJ be proven dead wrong on scores and scores of topics, and never once seen him admit it or even let somebody have the last word. But he's an avid fan and an avid poster and he doesn't really get abusive ever. He's just persistent and often-wrong on the internet. No harm in that, right? At least, i got no problem with it.

:popcorn:

He might be an avid fan and an avid poster, but are you sure he is an avid Cowboy fan? lol

He come off to me as an intelligent computer geek and an ESPN diehard, but somehow, sounds like a jealous 49'er fan stirring up trouble on a Cowboys forum!

Rogah

Reaction score
I didn't make a mistake I added them because they're all locks. Accept it and move on! You're just one of the obsessive types I deal with everyday here who are looking for anything to stir something up. Keep combing through my posts. LOL
Stop crying over this and admit you were wrong. LOL

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I really wanted to let that comment go but it's so full of BS it just couldn't be ignored. This is all sour grapes on your part because you're angry. I haven't seen this side of you in a long time and it's disappointing because our posting relationship had improved the past couple of years. I've owned up to everything I've ever been wrong about on this board and you follow my posts enough to know that. I was completely wrong about the Cowboys heading into last season and owned up to every misfire I had. All these scores and scores of topics you claim I've been wrong about were "opinions" I had that you said were wrong. LOL You take sides against me in prcatically every debate I have claiming my "opinion" is wrong and someone else's opinion is right. Care to deny it? :cool: The mistake you made in this thread was thinking I was giving an opinion when it was a known fact and you got proven wrong. There's a lot of posters on this board that can see the agenda I have to deal with from a few. As far as "abusive" look no further than the posts that are directed at me on a daily basis. Look at all the crap that's been tossed at me for providing a fact. LOL

There's a poster in here nailing me on not being aware of passer ratings when I was in elementary school but neither him, you or several others were aware that NFL QB's are credited with W/L records and that's been going on long before passer ratings were ever established. As for having to have the last word I don't need the last word but I'm not going to allow a discussion to end with someone taking a parting shot or wanting to continue the argument by leaving me more to dissect. I tell posters all the time we don't agree let's move on but some keep coming back wanting to continue arguing. I do my best to bring knowledge and something positive to this board more so than many here. Since you've become a mod you've brought a lot more positives to this board than you did as a regular member but you haven't come off well in this thread. We're all gong to get things wrong once in awhile if you post and debate enough it's inevitable but scoffing at facts and jumping on someone because they did their homework and you got caught with your pants down isn't going to shine a positive light in your direction.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Stop crying over this and admit you were wrong. LOL

Officially Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Brett Favre and Tom Brady are not in the HOF but because they're all locks I include them. It's something I've always done with players who are locks it's not a mistake. I made the same comment with Aaron Rodgers a few months ago calling him a Hall of Famer it's not official or factual but it's intentional and I will continue to do it with guaranteed HOF players.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I never actually saw that fight. Was Frazier mostly punching himself, or what?

LOL. Ididn't either but I can still Howard Cosell................re-runs, of course.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
For the love all that is good and pure........end this!!

#HITTHEDAMNBANBUTTON

ragman

Reaction score
The haters will never give him the respect he deserves until he wins a SB ring.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The haters will never give him the respect he deserves until he wins a SB ring.

"Haters" are going to hate regardless if he wins a ring. Even Tom Brady has some haters rings aren't going to change that no matter how many you have.

zack

Reaction score
"Haters" are going to hate regardless if he wins a ring. Even Tom Brady has some haters rings aren't going to change that no matter how many you have.

Funny thing is that if he wins one, he will be put in the little poem that every sports radio personality says when they talk about elite QBs. Instead of just saying Brady, Manning, and Brees it will be Brady, Manning, Romo, and Brees. The ring will compliment all of his stats that everyone says are so worthless.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny thing is that if he wins one, he will be put in the little poem that every sports radio personality says when they talk about elite QBs. Instead of just saying Brady, Manning, and Brees it will be Brady, Manning, Romo, and Brees. The ring will compliment all of his stats that everyone says are so worthless.

You're right that that pancake would flip over immediately if the team wins a Superbowl. Even if he were to win one in a down year in terms of his personal performance.

I'm excited to see what he can do this season. He and Rodgers were both incredible overall last season, and Tony got off to a rocky start with that back injury and the early picks. If he's healthy from the get-go and protected most of the season, he could have a special year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

His stats aren't "worthless" they do carry some weight but they don't have the same impact if they never lead to much playoff success and a championship unless we're talking about Marino and Fouts. Romo needs a championship to go along with his stats which is what those other QB's you listed have. By the way don't forget to include Aaron Rodgers on that list. Stats have to lead to a championship at some point in a QB's career or there's always going to be that "yeah but" when discussing their career. A championship would put Romo way up the ladder when you add it to his numbers and second all-time career passer rating.

When his career is over several of his peers will finish ahead of him on the all-time passing list. He's going to be behind several in the glamour stats yards and TD's so unless he wins a championship he'll never be thought of in the same light as many QB's that have won championships including Staubach and Aikman despite his numbers and career passer rating. Those who think being candid about this is trashing Romo either need to get a clue or stop with the agenda.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Reading through the posts in thread, I don't think it's the case that fans are reacting emotionally so much as they simply don't agree with your assessment of Tony Romo's play in many instances. The Eli comparison, for one, is difficult to make with a straight face if you're talking about QB play and not the accomplishments of their respective teams. On a purely rational basis, Romo's the more effective passer overall and he has been for a long time.

As to my broken back, comment, I was referring to the transverse fracture. Your own linked definition of which says:

"A fracture of a bone is the same as a break in the bone. A fracture of a transverse process is a break of a part of one of the bones in the spine."

Other players have played with it. I'd consider all of them warriors for doing so. I'm not sure it matters how many games Romo played with the punctured lung because, well, 'punctured' and 'lung.' And, seriously, if you are aware of the fact that the guy played with a punctured lung and a fracture in two bones of his back and still think that people consider him a warrior because it makes them feel good, there's no hope we'll ever see it on the same page. I'd classify that degree of intransigence as a willful intention to dislike the player. That's your prerogative. If you're fed up with him and want to see 'dark sides' that outweigh is play on the field, you're free to do so. I haven't worried about the starting QB position in Dallas for years, and I"m not worried this year, either. That's not emotion. I have areas of the team I'm concerned about legitimately, QB just isn't one of them.

You can call the injury whatever you want. If you want to call it a "broken back" it's not wrong in general. and i did not want to prove else.

What i wanted to say its about the message yousend when you say "broken back". A broken back implicates a broken bone in the back. A broken bone usually is a bone that is broken into 2 halfs. And the site of fracture goes thru the whole bone. That is what people expect when we talk about a "broken" bone, or back. And that kind of injury is very severe.

Now what Romo had is not a broken bone in that sense. It was more of a splitt off from the vertebrae. It is nothing severe nor has it any affect when you try to move (or play) with it other then the pain you have to endure. But (again) it was put like Romo had a broken back - means he had a broken vertrebrae. Which means he was near lameness.

A question ? If other players play thru that kind of injury (like you wrote) and you all call them warriors. Where is that special thing about being a warrior then ? I call a person a warrior when he does something that not everybody does. He has to do/be something special. Just read the comments from that one college QB. He put it like it was nothing to play thru it. But when Romo injured he went thru rehab like he got both legs amputated. The way he acts on the field after he gets injured i can understand that people view him like a warrior. The way stories get hyped after he gets injured i can understand people too. What i think is: This is the NFL and the DC. Everything will be made a little bigger. Because this is what sells the brand. And thats all this is about.

But then to me its very important that i emphasis (again) that i think he is a good QB and i am happy we have one.

I have never been undescerning (like you wrote "degree of intrangsigence") regarding other peoples view of Tony Romo being a warrior. In fact i emphasized that i only talked about my opinion. Everybody has opinions. They may be correct or not. Mine maybe wrong maybe not. But i dont care if you think i maybe wrong. My intention was and is not to be with someone "on the same page". Sharing opinions is not about having the same opinion in the end. Its about extending your intellectual horizon. This is a board - one of it's tasks is to let people talk about and so share opinions.

Maybe you should think about that. I have the feeling you do not fully understand that. The way you post it's more about you trying everything to be right then sharing things with others to be a more educated person after that. In the end you are one of the Moderators here and you should think about those things if you have the will (and goal) to be a good one. That's just the feeling that i get when i read your posts. I dont want to be to personal. But i had to get a bit offensive because of the way you try to make up your points.

perrykemp

Reaction score
You're right that that pancake would flip over immediately if the team wins a Superbowl. Even if he were to win one in a down year in terms of his personal performance.

I'm excited to see what he can do this season. He and Rodgers were both incredible overall last season, and Tony got off to a rocky start with that back injury and the early picks. If he's healthy from the get-go and protected most of the season, he could have a special year.

Agreed that if Tony wins a Superbowl he goes from HOF longshot to HOF certainty IMHO.