Can we discuss Maher?

rambo2

Reaction score
A bad night is missing an extra point. Missing 4 in one game is a career killer. What we learned last night is that Maher is either injured or can't handle the stress of a playoff game. So, what does MM do next week in SF? Bigger game.....more pressure...... in either case, Maher is done. Nobody will trust him with a job next year.
They say that the field was messed up and there were some issues with snapper and holder.

conner01

Reaction score
Lirim - we had him in camp. He was not bad. He can make extra points
He’s missed 20% of his extra point attempts lol
He’s attempted 5 FG and made 4
He’s never made one over 40 ysrds
Not sure he’s an upgrade
I’d be having Maher kicking a bunch this week but he only missed 3 all season and been really good on FG
Maybe just a mental thing but I get the concern I just don’t want to give up on a better kicker because of one game without a proven kicker in return

aikemirv

Reaction score
He’s missed 20% of his extra point attempts lol
He’s attempted 5 FG and made 4
He’s never made one over 40 ysrds
Not sure he’s an upgrade
I’d be having Maher kicking a bunch this week but he only missed 3 all season and been really good on FG
Maybe just a mental thing but I get the concern I just don’t want to give up on a better kicker because of one game without a proven kicker in return
There are no amount of practice kicks that would make me comfortable!

conner01

Reaction score
There are no amount of practice kicks that would make me comfortable!
But a guy who’s missed 20% of his extra point tries does?
I’m not comfortable and I’m sure the team isn’t but without a proven better option I’m not sure you change