Can we discuss Maher?

stinkface

Reaction score
That last one he hit that went to the left was because of the funny hold. Ball was really angled wrong. The others to the right were on him.

rambo2

Reaction score
That last one he hit that went to the left was because of the funny hold. Ball was really angled wrong. The others to the right were on him.
The one that he missed at Washington was a bad snap.

rambo2

Reaction score
Why risk it? Just imagine getting eliminated because we kept him even after seeing this meltdown. He's been good, but he's in his own head right now. Every single kick he takes will have so much added pressure. Can't have that... He has to go.

Will a replacement be as good as he's been this year? Probably not. But i'll take someone who will make the gimmes.
Stupid to try and replace him now.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah while everyone was celebrating his "great" year and talking about a pro bowl snub I never had any trust in him.

But if the QB can be horrific countless times over his career and still be here I guess Maher can get a mulligan too.

LJBromu

Reaction score
Didn’t think about that. At least the last one went down town.
Right!…..possibly didn’t need it by then? Hopefully not the case…..Maybe never needed it and was just purely mental? Well, no matter the reasons, let’s hope the boys just keep winning! I’d really love nothing more than to see em do me one more solid and beat the fluffywhiners

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Well, missing 4 extra points in a game is hard thing to predict.........b/c its never been done before.
I know. It's just funny how quickly opinions can turn on a player. Last week it was can't wait to get rid of Dak and now he's our hero, at least for another week.

aikemirv

Reaction score
You can’t cut him without someone to sign
I’d bring him in today and have him kick a few hundred balls
It’s not like there are better options out there
There are better options than we saw last night.

Xeven

Reaction score
I say keep him if he can identify and remove the problem that caused him to miss.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys need to quickly assess what is most important; the mid to long FG or the extra point. If they feel the latter is most important, they need to get someone in right away to replace Maher.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any who have kicked this year? Who are our options?
Well, all they have to do is make extra points to be a better option than Maher. Atlanta cut a guy in preseason named Koo. Unless he's spent the last 5 months drinking beer, he's better than Maher right now.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know. It's just funny how quickly opinions can turn on a player. Last week it was can't wait to get rid of Dak and now he's our hero, at least for another week.
Well, if Dak threw 7 INTs or Pollard fumbled 8 times in a game , they would lose fans too. lol

conner01

Reaction score
Well, all they have to do is make extra points to be a better option than Maher. Atlanta cut a guy in preseason named Koo. Unless he's spent the last 5 months drinking beer, he's better than Maher right now.
They signed him to a long term contract
For 5 mil a year
He’s a really good kicker but unavailable
The chargers aren’t gonna be needing Dicker
Maybe they will cut him lol