Can we discuss Maher?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had a bad night, it happens... put the last one thru.

A bad night is missing an extra point. Missing 4 in one game is a career killer. What we learned last night is that Maher is either injured or can't handle the stress of a playoff game. So, what does MM do next week in SF? Bigger game.....more pressure...... in either case, Maher is done. Nobody will trust him with a job next year.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
What can we learn here? How about help the guy out by not having him kick from the left hash?

The one thing I can take away from this is....all of his misses were consistent....

Wouldn't shock me @ all the NFL conspired to mess with him.

Have never trusted the kicking ball...

And neither should you.

Honestly....why would the NFL have to put something inside the ball to begin with to track it?

Call me crazy...but last night was the leagues doing.

Couldn't have the Cowboys play a complete game....just gotta leave enough meat on the bone to create doubt.
Good job Goodell....well played.

Now go find those footballs....and inspect them for tampering.
Seriously.... :popcorn:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I mean.. can we? I'm enjoying the win, but what the hell happened

Tell me he has a groin injury
Maybe he's not as comfortable kicking on grass. I mean, his miss last week against Washington also was a grass field. Unfortunately, so is San Fran's. Footing can be an issue with kickers, so the difference in how his foot plants on turf and how it plants on grass could mess up a kicker's operation. We've played on six grass fields this year, but not all grass fields are made the same.

Xeven

Reaction score
Another thought is have a backup just in case he starts choking. Maybe Anger should learn basic PAT. I imagine he has some skill already.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What can we learn here? How about help the guy out by not having him kick from the left hash?

The one thing I can take away from this is....all of his misses were consistent....

Wouldn't shock me @ all the NFL conspired to mess with him.

Have never trusted the kicking ball...

And neither should you.

Honestly....why would the NFL have to put something inside the ball to begin with to track it?

Call me crazy...but last night was the leagues doing.

Couldn't have the Cowboys play a complete game....just gotta leave enough meat on the bone to create doubt.
Good job Goodell....well played.

Now go find those footballs....and inspect them for tampering.
Seriously.... :popcorn:

You really think Maher isn’t the one choosing where he kicks PAT’s from?

plasticman

Reaction score
I have the perfect solution for Maher making extra points.

When it comes time to kick an extra point, the Cowboys should create four delay of game penalties, moving the ball back to the 22 yardline.

This season, Maher was a perfect 9 for 9 in field goals between the 20 and 29 yardline.

Problem solved.......Next?

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Uh no. Actually , no kicker in the history of the NFL has missed 4 extra points in one game. Maher is in rarified putrid air. He's got a psych issue and we can't have it rolling into SF.
He’s money Maher for a reason. If we lose next week because of him hollar back at me.

Surfguy

Reaction score
"You're good enough, you're true enough, and...players like you!"
stuart-smalley-cb8f2154-28b5-4dcc-845a-164cc79c161-resize-750.jpeg

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
Well McCarthy has already come out and said we’re sticking with him. So we might have to live or die by this guy. Imagine the score 19 to 17 three seconds left on the clock we’re on the 49ers 30 yard line. And this guy trots out on the field. A few months ago? I wouldn’t even need to watch. I would know what’s going right down the center. Now I’m not gonna watch for a different reason. Absolutely crazy.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I hope he spends all week long doing nothing but practicing PATs from like 8 in the morning till midnight:laugh:

I just hope the 49er game doesnt come down to a game winning FG try, I might have to turn the TV off, dont think my heart could take watching it live:p