Can we get a poll? Tank or Try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If getting high draft picks made you a good team ........ the Raiders and teams who every year draft in the top of the draft ........ wouldnt stay bad.

Losing creates a losing atmosphere ........ stupid idea.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What shot do we have now? It makes no sense. You don't play Dez if you feel like you are going to sit Romo. What they should do and what they will do is two different things. They aren't sitting Romo. They made that clear when they played Dez. And who knows...they may very well lose with Romo.

We have very little shot it's slim and none but the fact is we're still alive and no team gives up and sits their best players while there's still a chance regardless how slim it is. Every season is precious a lot is put into preparing for each year and you never give up and throw in the towel as long as you still have a shot this is professional football not a sandlot game in your backyard. To give up now before you're officially eliminated would send a bad message to your team, fanbase and the rest of the league. No team is going to give up and sit their best players while they're still alive for a playoff spot.

Jerry still has to put butts in the seats so you can't just sit Dez and Romo when you still have a slim chance due to playing in a weak division. They started playing Dez vs Seattle because they're still in the race and had they won that game as well as yesterdays game the chances of sitting Romo due to being out of playoff contention wouldn't be so high with the team sitting at 4-4 right now.

There's a high likelihood they'll sit Romo once the team is "officially" eliminated because it would be too risky to play him in meaningless games coming off back surgery last year and a broken collarbone in week 2. If he were to suffer an ACL or a serious shoulder or elbow injury late in the season it could jeopardize his 2016 season and force the team to have to use a high pick on a QB.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
yeah....pitch that idea to Tony,Dez and Witten. Just do me a favor and stand back a good distance.

MrPhil

Reaction score
I don't think we really have to worry about tanking.........they should be just fine doing that with or without Romo. This is not a good team.

Anyways, you can't throw in the towel.....many are still playing for jobs, etc. I wouldn't even trust them to make the correct top 5 pick to begin with, probably end up with another corner or something.

Tanking also sends the wrong message, if some players hasn't quit yet.......it won't be much longer until they do.

I agree with this viewpoint.

If you look at the remaining schedule:

@Tampa
@Miami
Carolina
@washington
@Green Bay
NY Jets
@Buffalo
Washington

I have zero confidence that the team can pull out of this nose dive, even with Romo, before they are mathematically eliminated. I think they lose to both Carolina and Green Bay, who are just better football teams. That puts us at 8 losses. We will probably split with Washington and each of the remaining games (Tampa, Miami, NY Jets and Buffalo) have danger written all over them. But, if you assume we win two of those games we are looking at a 5-11 or 6-10 record (if we sweep Washington or win 3 out of the 4 other game). My opinion is that 7-9 is probably the top end for this team right now.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Simple.

Would you rather the team

1) shut it down for the season and tank for a high draft pick

-OR-

2) keep trying to win games and try to make the playoffs

A poll would be nice, mods. :)

Tanking is what loser fans want to do. Period.

kevm3

Reaction score
Tank. This season is over and you have to make moves for the long-term of the franchise. We see what happens when Romo is out for the long-term. Without a qb, this team is done for, especially since there won't be any HC changes. Would you rather have one 2 and 14 season or four more 8 and 8 seasons?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Simple.

Would you rather the team

1) shut it down for the season and tank for a high draft pick

-OR-

2) keep trying to win games and try to make the playoffs

A poll would be nice, mods. :)

as a fan a high draft choice would be nice but the players will not try to lose so you can figure 6-10 or 7-9

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
tank and get a new coaching staff. wont happen i know.

wish we could get a new GM too. pipe dreams all of it.

but the reality is we probably win just enough to make a mid draft spot and miss the playoffs cause we are the Dallas Cowboys. bad fortune for us since 95/96.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why do you think we're not dead yet? It's over.

You're probably right, and I think we are dead, but mathematically we are not dead.

Every year with Romo is vital so if there is a chance we go for it.

We are 2-6.. 9-7 is still in reach and probably good enough to win this Division.

What if Eli gets hurt? I know they won't lose every game like we did but they will take a hit.

I'm the guy that the fan on their high horse gets mad at when I cheer against us for draft position but im not that guy yet this season.

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
hermedwards_youplaytowinthegame.gif

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd want Romo 100% healthy and then some before I even consider putting him out there. Because what if he is still rusty and cant get out of the way of another hit or aggravated the shoulder and back even more, then were looking for his replacement sooner than later.

dupree89

Reaction score
But it is.

It won't happen, but it absolutely is a good thing to go 2-14 over 6-10.

I agree. Why is the NFL mentality so stubborn? MLB teams have basically "tanked" for a hundred years when they trade valuable pieces for prospects at the trade deadline. NBA teams do it. It landed the Spurs Tim Duncan. The 76ers seem to have been doing it for 5 years now :lmao:.

Tampa Bay Bucs did it at the end of last year to make sure they got who they wanted in the draft.

I know it will not happen, but I would be all for giving as many young guys as possible valuable game experience to see what we have, and this would certainly help our draft position by doing it. 6-10 records are no man's land.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will consider wanting teams to tank on the day drafting becomes an exact science. It's a completely illogical sentiment if-and-until that ever happens.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I don't agree with tanking, but if we lose this week I would be all for shutting Romo down for the year and Dez as well (even if we win I would not be opposed to shutting them down). Let the games fall where they may but get Romo and Dez fully healthy going into the next year.

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
You never were on a college level or higher sports team.

If you say you were I will not believe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.