Can we get a poll? Tank or Try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
lol, sell to who? Cowboy fans ain't going anywhere, they've been steady for the last 20 years with no super bowl and 2 playoff wins.

I wouldn't advocate tanking but what I would do if they lose to Tampa and or Miami, Id sit older guys like Free and Witten and play they heck out of every young player I could so I could see if they can be a player for next year, especially Escobar, Id work the hell out of that guy. Still play to win but get as many young players reps as possible so they are ready to step in next year or know they don't need to be brought back. If we win , great, if we lose, thats only gonna improve our draft pick

Fans will get over it when that high draft pick arrives, especially if they find a player or two in the process.

Having said this, it'll never happen

Sell to the fans and sell to the players. You are trying to re-sign Greg Hardy. You're trying to re-sign some of your own guys. Atleast you can sell them we are on the up and up rather than going on a downward spiral going 2-16.

Well playing young players with potential isn't tanking IMO. I'm not against that. I'm against going out there and sitting Romo just to do it. If i'm going to see what young players have how can I do it without Romo? I should be doing it WITH HIM since that's who they will be playing it with. What's the point of having young guys out there playing with Kellen Moore or Matt Cassell?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
could we stop these tanking threads like its even a choice. what does it even mean-how do you tank a game. Tell Romo to overthrow the receivers? Tell DMC to hit the line and fall down or fumble? Tell players not to score? tell the defense to give up halfway through tackles? Tell Garret to call bad plays? No team is stupid enough to purposely tank a game, never mind games. No coach has ever coached to tank a game, no player today will tank a game or knows how to. Imagine the problems if a player got hurt trying to tank a play.
please- its not a choice. it wont happen, and the way we're playing we dont even need to

Tanking usually involves more subtle ways, usually the play calling is a big indicator. For example, it is 3rd and 12 and the play call is a HB dive. Sure the players execute the play to the best of their ability, so the players are not going half speed or anything, but the play itself is not designed to even get the first down.

The Colts did some stuff like this the last 2 or 3 games of the year when it was apparent that who ever had the number one pick was going to get Luck. Lots of people were accusing the Colts of trying to lose on purpose, but they denied it ofcourse.

That is why I said tanking worked out pretty good for the Colts, went from Manning to Luck and they only had to suck one year. And yes, draft position does matter because you know who was selected number two behind Luck.........RG3............ouch!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tanking instills a loser mentality into the players we already have, especially the young ones. Building a team isnt about getting the highest picks

FYI, the Pats missed the playoffs the year after winning there Super Bowl. Down seasons happen

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I would never try to lose games on purpose, but this team's not going anywhere this season. The team has a lot of gears that need fixin', so I won't be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs and come out of this with high draft picks in contrast to not making the playoffs with mediocre draft picks.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Tanking instills a loser mentality into the players we already have, especially the young ones. Building a team isnt about getting the highest picks

FYI, the Pats missed the playoffs the year after winning there Super Bowl. Down seasons happen

Bro, we have had 1 winning season under Garrett in 5+ years...............virtually every dam year is a down year.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
We are not going to the playoffs, fellas.

Playing Romo, winning ballgames at this point hurts our draft position.

So what.....you want to play Romo at the risk of injury all in the name of feeling good and giving it your all for your pride?

We are 2-6. No team in the history of the NFL has ever made the playoffs with that record and we won't break the trend with these set of clowns we have that coach the team.

We just need to hope we can avoid the massive cluster of injuries we had this year, next year and try and make a run with hopefully a top ten talent in the draft added.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We are not going to the playoffs, fellas.

Playing Romo, winning ballgames at this point hurts our draft position.

So what.....you want to play Romo at the risk of injury all in the name of feeling good and giving it your all for your pride?

We are 2-6. No team in the history of the NFL has ever made the playoffs with that record and we won't break the trend with these set of clowns we have that coach the team.

We just need to hope we can avoid the massive cluster of injuries we had this year, next year and try and make a run with hopefully a top ten talent in the draft added.

Can't argue with that logic

Status
Not open for further replies.