Can we get a poll? Tank or Try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aven8

Reaction score
They are paying Romo 20 million this season so as soon as he's healthy he's your QB.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I can't speak for other staff, but there's no way I'm making a poll seriously asking Cowboys fans if they want to tank the season.

Worked out pretty good for the Colts..................Andrew Luck ring a bell?

Just saying.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Worked out pretty good for the Colts..................Andrew Luck ring a bell?

Just saying.

I have no problem losing out on a better player. I just don't respect it.

I can see taking some bigger chances on guys who you think you might be able to develop, but tanking is another thing altogether.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
**** losing.

I wanna see them fight and win as many as possible. Tanking only works from time to time in the nba

Craig

Reaction score
Theyre sadly still alive. The nfc east is a joke. Play like youre still in it, since you are.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Simple.

Would you rather the team

1) shut it down for the season and tank for a high draft pick

-OR-

2) keep trying to win games and try to make the playoffs

A poll would be nice, mods. :)

Do or do not. There is no try.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Let's try to win them all. Locally, we have the Cowboys@Bucs at noon and Patriots@Giants at 3:30. It could very well be a good day.

fredp22

Reaction score
could we stop these tanking threads like its even a choice. what does it even mean-how do you tank a game. Tell Romo to overthrow the receivers? Tell DMC to hit the line and fall down or fumble? Tell players not to score? tell the defense to give up halfway through tackles? Tell Garret to call bad plays? No team is stupid enough to purposely tank a game, never mind games. No coach has ever coached to tank a game, no player today will tank a game or knows how to. Imagine the problems if a player got hurt trying to tank a play.
please- its not a choice. it wont happen, and the way we're playing we dont even need to

yimyammer

Reaction score
You can't sell going into next season a solid team if you are losing even with Romo.

lol, sell to who? Cowboy fans ain't going anywhere, they've been steady for the last 20 years with no super bowl and 2 playoff wins.

I wouldn't advocate tanking but what I would do if they lose to Tampa and or Miami, Id sit older guys like Free and Witten and play they heck out of every young player I could so I could see if they can be a player for next year, especially Escobar, Id work the hell out of that guy. Still play to win but get as many young players reps as possible so they are ready to step in next year or know they don't need to be brought back. If we win , great, if we lose, thats only gonna improve our draft pick

Fans will get over it when that high draft pick arrives, especially if they find a player or two in the process.

Having said this, it'll never happen

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
lol, sell to who? Cowboy fans ain't going anywhere, they've been steady for the last 20 years with no super bowl and 2 playoff wins.

I wouldn't advocate tanking but what I would do if they lose to Tampa and or Miami, Id sit older guys like Free and Witten and play they heck out of every young player I could so I could see if they can be a player for next year, especially Escobar, Id work the hell out of that guy. Still play to win but get as many young players reps as possible so they are ready to step in next year or know they don't need to be brought back. If we win , great, if we lose, thats only gonna improve our draft pick

Fans will get over it when that high draft pick arrives, especially if they find a player or two in the process.

Having said this, it'll never happen

You want to be the guy to tell Witten he isn't playing?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Try
Always

Furthermore, in all sports, if it can somehow be proven that team is tanking to get a better position int he draft, they should forfeit their 1st round pick that year.

The really good cheaters...like the Patriots...and, uh, the Spurs are hard to catch.:laugh:

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
If we lose to Tampa we won't even have to try hard to tank...

yimyammer

Reaction score
You want to be the guy to tell Witten he isn't playing?

gladly, if he cant understand why I'm doing it, he can move on down the road but I think if I sat down with him and explained the reasoning, he would understand considering the injuries he's playing with and the need to build the best team for him in the twilight of his career. He'd still play, I'd just reduce is role as much as necessary to really get a grasp on what Escobar, Swain can or cant do. Escobar is a bust or something is jacked up with how cowboys manage players and Id like to find out which one asap.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
gladly, if he cant understand why I'm doing it, he can move on down the road but I think if I sat down with him and explained the reasoning, he would understand considering the injuries he's playing with and the need to build the best team for him in the twilight of his career. He'd still play, I'd just reduce is role as much as necessary to really get a grasp on what Escobar, Swain can or cant do. Escobar is a bust or something is jacked up with how cowboys manage players and Id like to find out which one asap.

Oh, ok I thought you were going to tell him he would be inactive or something.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Romo and these players aren't going to tank - there's too much pride at stake (not to mention potential FA's and fringe players are playing for their future).

Yeah right, mon ami.
Pride ist not oing to get you any wheres next season
Get over your fight, fight, fight mentality.
Prride ist esposing Romo to unneccessary hits.That's pride?
Jimma mein idol understood this in 1989.
Lets reload for 2016.
Or not.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
If we're a Super Bowl team, we'll go 7-0 with Romo to win the division at 9-7. If not, we'll finish 6-10 and get a mid-1st pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.