Can we give Dak some credit now?

Mannix

Reaction score
All September, I talked myself into believing that Clayton Kershaw was just fine while he was beating teams like Colorado and Detroit....then the playoffs happened, and he faced a real lineup. He wasn't fine.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Why can’t we just win and be happy … historically on the other side but i am too tired for these discussions anymore. Dak and the TEAM are playing well and it’s been a fun month…nothing else matters.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
Same here.
I enjoy his playing at a high level,
However Cowboys QBs are judged by playoff success in Dallas, so hopefully he can flip the script this year.....

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
At this point in my life I like to evaluate people on a game by game basis.

I don't want to herald any QB as the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I won't espouse a player's virtues like he is the second coming of Jesus.

I am tiring of all the debates on the rankings of where Dak is. Let's just focus on the on-field performances based on what his assignments are and what his team mates assignments are.

We can't go wrong focusing on tape and concepts in plays.

But if you want to convince me that he is 32nd best QB in the league, then I don't have the time or energy to engage in that nonsense.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
He's playing really well. I'll give him the additional credit when he beats SF and Phi in the playoffs, he's in year 8 with a top defense.

Aftershock

Reaction score

There's about 10 threads a day giving Dak credit from his pom pom fans. Don't know what you're talking about.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

I’ve been giving him credit since his first snap in a real game. I’ve already read on here after today’s game that he ‘sucks when teams play zone’ (he doesn’t). The TEAM’S post-season success or lack thereof may or may not be a by-product of Dak. Dak played a great game against the Eagles and lost. The defense gave up 28 points, and 28 points wins most games in the NFL (~79%).

Nobody that was/is a Dak hater is ever going to come around.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
lol trolls, bloviate, haters, its amazing at the vitriol consistently thrown at critical minded people, enjoy waving your pom poms
PI4409LG-1.jpg
Stay with me here on this one. I'd write it in crayon for you but you'll still be a little slow on the uptake. It's what Dak has around him and his improvement that has me believing the Cowboys are a SB caliber team. A solid run game and O-line, a solid defense, consistent special teams play, and more weapons emerging on offense namely Crooks.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Yup, who's doing more with what Dak has which is no right tackle, a question mark at #2 receiver, an #18 or 19th ranked running game, and an improving but still not yet proven tight end.

Tua, Mahomes, Burrow, and Hurts don't have a lot of those issues.... yet a few are still playing worse/like crap.

Everyone likes to reduce our season down to the 49ers and Eagles.... but even if those 2 games the defense was HORRIBLE.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Seems an odd game to ask to finally give him credit. He doesn’t need credit. He’s gotten lots of praise and “credit”. Vouching for Dak is like a sport on this forum. It actually makes him look weak that so many feel they have to defend him. Dak’s doing just fine. He doesn’t need bodyguards.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
He’s been amazing.
Against really bad teams. But if he were playing as bad against the bad teams as he does against the good teams they would be in serious trouble.