Can we give Dak some credit now?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
Dak has turned into a good bus driver. Today was an example, lad. Nothing fancy, northing dangerous, nothing into double coverage.
I give Dak credit for his regular season body of work.
But, unfortinately, Dak seemly comes up short against a quality team or in the playoffs in the clutch.
If he gets by the E girls, 49ers (in a playoff) and/or Lions, then I will say Dak belongs in the pantheon of tier-1 QBs.
Until then, he is a good bus driver.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak has turned into a good bus driver. Today was an example, lad. Nothing fancy, northing dangerous, nothing into double coverage.
But, unfortinately, Dak seemly comes up short against a quality team or in the playoffs in the clutch.
If he gets by the E girls, 49ers (in a playoff) and/or Lions, then I will say Dak belongs in the pantheon of tier-1 QBs.
He's only a good bus driver when he gets to drive the bus over the roadkill of the NFL.

nobody

Reaction score
No matter what, Dak has been the third best quarterback in the history of the Cowboys if his career ended today. It does not matter if he wins a playoff game because that is more a team thing and luck. Dak’s playoff losses are on the road against 3 better teams than the Cowboys and playing one of the best quarterbacks in his prime at home. I mean if Dak got to play Daniel Jones and no name Johnson at home, the Cowboys would have played in many Super Bowls.
It's not about "him" winning in the playoffs. Obviously that's a team thing, but his play is crucial for the team winning in the playoffs. If he choked like he did against SF two playoffs in a row, it doesn't matter how well the team does or doesn't play. He's a very good regular season QB for the most part. He's playing very well right now.

nobody

Reaction score
i'll never understand this "play by play" need some people have to either tear him down to "give him credit".

he does well against bad teams. he does not so well against the playoff teams. this is history, not an opinion. when he breaks THAT cycle, he'll get more props.

til then, we get to debate this after every game.
Pretty sure I covered that already. My point was that some people never give him credit whatsoever. I know full well how he does against good teams or when the pressure is really on. I just happen to think after the past few games we're seeing a slightly different Dak than the one we saw the entire previous season and even the first few games of this season. Do I think he's fixed and won't choke? No, but I'm willing to give him props for actual improvement.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Pretty sure I covered that already. My point was that some people never give him credit whatsoever. I know full well how he does against good teams or when the pressure is really on. I just happen to think after the past few games we're seeing a slightly different Dak than the one we saw the entire previous season and even the first few games of this season. Do I think he's fixed and won't choke? No, but I'm willing to give him props for actual improvement.
and they never will. certainly not after beating a bad team.

but every week we get a GIVE DAK CREDIT post.

yay dak! you go, you!

lets move on now.

nobody

Reaction score
and they never will. certainly not after beating a bad team.

but every week we get a GIVE DAK CREDIT post.

yay dak! you go, you!

lets move on now.
It's very simple, if you don't like it, you don't have to read the thread. You certainly don't have to post in it. You're being intentionally belligerent for what reason?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It's very simple, if you don't like it, you don't have to read the thread. You certainly don't have to post in it. You're being intentionally belligerent for what reason?
and if you don't like my answer, you don't have to read it.

and no real reason, i suppose. just wondering why people have the need to give dak credit week in and week out OR tear him down at every opportunity. just an ongoing conversation that never ends.

nobody

Reaction score
and if you don't like my answer, you don't have to read it.

and no real reason, i suppose. just wondering why people have the need to give dak credit week in and week out OR tear him down at every opportunity. just an ongoing conversation that never ends.
But you are the one that posted in my thread and quoted me. I tend to reply to people that reply to me. No harm, no foul. This is really the first time I've defended him this season, and it wasn't really about this one game. It was the trend that's occurring over multiple games. Sure it's been against trash opponents, but as critical as I've been of him, I'm choosing to give credit where it's due.

Swagger

Reaction score
Another terrible team coming up next week before an overrated Seahawks for Prescott to pad those stats and feast on before the proper football begins for 4 games. Hilarious how people prop up Dak as Dan Marino when playing on a loaded roster (3rd consecutive season) against horrific teams only to fall flat on his face in the play offs against a good team and ask how on earth did it happen :lmao:

Mark

Reaction score
Dak is throwing the ball better than he ever has right now. He'd have had better numbers today if his targets were able to achieve any separation. Dak three a few perfect balls today that just happened to be perfectly defended, or dropped.

We all recall when Dak would consistently fail to catch receivers in stride, throwing behind them. Knock-on-wood, he seems to have worked hard to rehearse his way out of that bad habit...kudos to him for that.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
But you are the one that posted in my thread and quoted me. I tend to reply to people that reply to me. No harm, no foul. This is really the first time I've defended him this season, and it wasn't really about this one game. It was the trend that's occurring over multiple games. Sure it's been against trash opponents, but as critical as I've been of him, I'm choosing to give credit where it's due.
it happens when i reply to people. even though i don't do it much anymore.

not being anal or trying to start a fight with you or anyone. but it seems after every week ill come in and someone is demanding we give dak credit. im on FB and there's a ton of stories telling me how great he is. clickbait stuff.

he's having a good year. i hope it continues. but beating lesser teams is a hobby of his and nothing new today. when he beats a great team in a critical situation, i'll prop him up and even read some clickbait to celebrate.

til then today, to me, is nothing to really ask for credit for him - but carry on. you posted your thoughts, i did as well.

plymkr

Reaction score
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
I agree with you. Before I become completely sold on Dak I need to see it in the playoffs or against other contenders. But with that being said, he is playing really really good. He’s balling out. He’s making plays and not turning it over and ever since he started running again he seems like a completely different QB. I’m excited for him and for us. If he keeps this up, which by all accounts he will barring injury, that playoff run seems very possible. Then he’ll shut up all the doubters. Well at least me anyway.

nobody

Reaction score
it happens when i reply to people. even though i don't do it much anymore.

not being anal or trying to start a fight with you or anyone. but it seems after every week ill come in and someone is demanding we give dak credit. im on FB and there's a ton of stories telling me how great he is. clickbait stuff.

he's having a good year. i hope it continues. but beating lesser teams is a hobby of his and nothing new today. when he beats a great team in a critical situation, i'll prop him up and even read some clickbait to celebrate.

til then today, to me, is nothing to really ask for credit for him - but carry on. you posted your thoughts, i did as well.
Fair enough man. I was just asking. I don't even disagree with your opinion about waiting and seeing if he beats good teams in important situations. Like I said in the original post, I'm not sold until he doesn't fold in the playoffs and makes it past the divisional round.

I just noticed some improvement and wanted to comment on it to my fellow fans who also lost faith in him. :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Fair enough man. I was just asking. I don't even disagree with your opinion about waiting and seeing if he beats good teams in important situations. Like I said in the original post, I'm not sold until he doesn't fold in the playoffs and makes it past the divisional round.

I just noticed some improvement and wanted to comment on it to my fellow fans who also lost faith in him. :)
all good - i'd love to see him beat a tough playoff team in a critical time is all. i've seen him beat nobodies week in and week out. he's good at that.

until he can step it up i just have no faith he will.

lets see where the rest of the season goes.

CxC1993

Reaction score
He deserves a ton of credit. He's really turned it around after the San Francisco game. I hope he's the one to help our Cowboys go all the way!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
He deserves a ton of credit. He's really turned it around after the San Francisco game. I hope he's the one to help our Cowboys go all the way!
he hasn't exactly played the top talent that historically gives him trouble since then. i think he's having a great year. i hope he can get over that hump.

but historically when he's pressured in those situations, he folds. his record from non play off teams to play off teams speaks for itself at this point.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't know what you are watching. Dak hasn't been a bus driver since his first couple years in the NFL. He owns this offense. If you want to scout off of a stat sheet you'll think he was just average today. But he did an incredible job manipulating the defense (like on the TD pass to Lamb) and made a lot of plays at timely moments that led to this win.

The narrative that Dak is just a bus driver should have been dead a long time ago. But his critics will continue to cling to it hoping that constantly repeating something will make it true.

Swagger

Reaction score
All joking aside the Cowboys have a loaded roster and if we are all being honest the 'boys haven't beaten a good team this season. Granted only 2 teams of .500 or more have played the Cowboys and those opposing teams won both, but let's have it right, it's plain sailing for another two games before the season starts proper.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yeah, for someone like me who wanted Trey Lance to be playing in December, Dak has been a terror for the NFL since the SF loss. So I’m hoping he continues this and doesn’t fill me with false hope.

Do you guys think that Dak is getting a better understanding of the offense and McCarthy is getting a better grasp of Dak. There were games when it looked like MM didn’t trust Dak to throw it. Now he’s slinging it around. I’m hoping Dak and McCarthy worked out their issues with the offense and this level of play remains.