Can we give Dak some credit now?

CWR

Reaction score
It happens every time Dak beats up a bad team.

Just like the village idiots calling for Cooper Rush to start when he has a bad game. This board is the definition of recency bias. The big criticism now is he can't win a big game, forget all the big games he's actually won.

glimmerman

Reaction score
it seemed like he threw 50 times today. I kept saying why are they not running the ball. They need to run Dowdle up the middle early. But he kept throwing the ballL

TheHerd

Reaction score
Against really bad teams. But if he were playing as bad against the bad teams as he does against the good teams they would be in serious trouble.
These teams haven’t all had bad defenses, they’re still NFL teams

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
it seemed like he threw 50 times today. I kept saying why are they not running the ball. They need to run Dowdle up the middle early. But he kept throwing the ballL
Stats, man, Stats Prescott needs his stats. So we can get threads like this one every 30 minutes.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
Ditto on all of that.
Dak has been smart, patient, and accurate these past 4 games. Credit due.
But until I see him actually LEAD the team to a big win I'm skeptical we'll see a Super Bowl with him.

Reaction score
Let me predicate this by saying I'm still no longer sold on him. His playoff performance is the determining factor for me now given the past.

But the way he's been playing after having a little time to get used to the new system has been good. Has he been perfect? Of course not, no QB has.
He's kept the interceptions down this season, was adjusting to a new system with the rest of the offense, and even with hiccups and some of the wins looking a little ugly, they're still looking dominant on the field. He's contributing heavily to that.

While there's still a good amount of season left to play and there are challenges to face, let's give him credit for (aside from a couple of games) an improved season and good play.

I'm still waiting to see if he folds in the playoffs, but acknowledge he (and the offense) have been doing pretty darn well.
No. We said all of these same things last year. The time to ask this question is after the Cowboys play the tougher part of their schedule, not these dainty pushovers. December will give this team a taste of playoff football and Dak another chance to show up, or not,,, I will say he looks better, but again, we said these same things last year.

nobody

Reaction score
Against really bad teams. But if he were playing as bad against the bad teams as he does against the good teams they would be in serious trouble.
Of course the true test is coming. Remember we switched a vast majority of the offensive scheme in the off-season. The offense had to get used to it given how little they actually do in camp now that the collective bargaining agreement neutered a lot of would-be full pads full contact practice.

He played pretty good against the Eagles, we still lost. His Achilles heel is SF. Arizona seemed to have his number too. There was a win or two there he didn't look the greatest but that was early on. Now that the offense has had more actual time in game to get used to the newer system, we'll see how they do against better teams. I hear a lot of people saying the defense sucked in a couple of the losses, but it's a symbiotic relationship. If the offense constantly goes three and out or throws interceptions, it will exhaust the defense.

Dak's been better about interceptions of late though, so that does help. I'm by no means sold on him, rather just giving him credit where it's due instead of critiquing him hardcore like I have during this season (because of his once again train wreck choke against SF in the playoffs)

nobody

Reaction score
No. We said all of these same things last year. The time to ask this question is after the Cowboys play the tougher part of their schedule, not these dainty pushovers. December will give this team a taste of playoff football and Dak another chance to show up, or not.
I think we've been lucky to play these pushovers first and give the offense time to iron out kinks in the new scheme. Playing against better teams later could forge them into a playoff-ready team. I'm not holding my breath on that, just stating possibilities.

Chances are they'll choke in the playoffs...again. That being said, there's always the possibility that they'll hit on something special though.

Reaction score
Dak is definitely playing better. Hes not playing 40mil a year better, but he's starting to trend that way. I'm still not sold on his big game ability. Time will tell.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol trolls, bloviate, haters, its amazing at the vitriol consistently thrown at critical minded people, enjoy waving your pom poms
PI4409LG-1.jpg
Nothing wrong with being critical....I spot a troll when they can't give him credit when he plays well or when they disappear and then come out of the gutter when he plays poorly.
The critical ones don't hide....haters and trolls do.

basel90

Reaction score

He is playing steady and quality football. The hard fact is we have seen him against top tier teams, and we have very bad memories . Until Dak gets the team to a CCG or SB, these games will be just a good showing until the next big tests in the playoffs .

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Who is unhappy? The OP asked a question, we're merely giving an answer.
It’s constant insecure posts by the Dak lovers to push some narrative that we all have to agree he is first ballot hall
of famer… just feel we all should focus on the team success vs the qb success. Some of us only focus on the team performance when Dak struggles to deflect …

Reaction score
I think we've been lucky to play these pushovers first and give the offense time to iron out kinks in the new scheme. Playing against better teams later could forge them into a playoff-ready team. I'm not holding my breath on that, just stating possibilities.

Chances are they'll choke in the playoffs...again. That being said, there's always the possibility that they'll hit on something special though.
I'm with you on that, with this offense "evolving" and Dak's limitations being mental/emotional there's a chance they come together down the stretch. Maybe Steele's injury recovery and physical well being improves, maybe Biadasz takes performance enhancing drugs and suddenly demonstrates some strength! Okay, that last one probably isn't happening.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

No matter what, Dak has been the third best quarterback in the history of the Cowboys if his career ended today. It does not matter if he wins a playoff game because that is more a team thing and luck. Dak’s playoff losses are on the road against 3 better teams than the Cowboys and playing one of the best quarterbacks in his prime at home. I mean if Dak got to play Daniel Jones and no name Johnson at home, the Cowboys would have played in many Super Bowls.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

i'll never understand this "play by play" need some people have to either tear him down to "give him credit".

he does well against bad teams. he does not so well against the playoff teams. this is history, not an opinion. when he breaks THAT cycle, he'll get more props.

til then, we get to debate this after every game.