Can we go 7-1 down the stretch?

ShortRound

Reaction score
I'm just trying to enjoy each game. Vikings next, I think we can beat them if we play like we did against the Eagles.

D-Line looks to be working well together last night. Need to contain Cook... No dumb mistakes, but I think we won't escape that.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No.........but I'm not sure we have to or if it's huge advantage. Remember we had everything lined up 2014 and couldn't do a damn thing with it. So for me get in and play your best ball.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Good to get a win, even against a really bad giants team. A win is a win. 5-3 at the half way point- not terrible but that Jets loss makes getting a #2 seed very difficult. Difficult but not impossible.

So with 8 games to go, IMO, in order for this team to have a legit shot to at least advance further than they have since ‘95, they either have to get the #2 seed by going 7-1 down the backside of the season (and get some help) or just get extremely hot as a #4 seed, and win a WC game and a divisional playoff game for the first time in 24 years.

That’s the bottom line for me this season. Be better than they have been the last two decades. Can they do it?

Maybe. But they’re going to have to play a lot better than the last 8 games.

Remaining schedule is tough- Vikes, Pats, Bears, Bills, e-girls, and skins. Those teams combined are 23-10-1. We need to go 7-1.
Time to prove it- contender or pretender.

Don't forget the Rams here BH! Even though they're 5-3 the way they handled us last year in the playoffs makes them challenging.

I think if we go 5-3 I'll be somewhat happy. Schedule is tougher this year. I think Detroit will be a challenge as they always play us tough. Very winnable opponents ahead of us should be Wash, Buff, Detroit, Chi, and Philly. Tossups are Rams and Vikes. I will be shocked if we beat NE at their place. Even in the "very winnable" category I could see us losing 2 easily.

Bottom line it'll be tough to get to 9 wins. Better coaching could improve things.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Lions? Really? Does it suck to be so bitter and pessimistic all the time? Even the Vikings dont look all that Daunting especially missing Thielen. The Chiefs defense isnt that great and shut them down. We just shut down Barkley, who is better than Cook. No reason we cant shut him down AT HOME.

How am I being pessimistic? By saying we won't go 7-1? So if I said we weren't going 7-1 but 6-2 instead, would that be pessimistic?

Listen here...
Lions are better than their record says they are. They're defense is absolute arse, but their offense is actually pretty good. Not sure how we're going to matchup, but we'll have to play catchup (and we all saw how that went in the Green Bay game) if we allow them to run up the score in the first half.

Packers, Jets, nor the Breeless Saints looked daunting before we played them, and look what happened. Barkley has never been good against us. We have no idea how this team is going to matchup with Dalvin Cook.

At home doesn't matter. We got blown out by the Pack at home.

willia451

Reaction score
If they beat the Vikings this Sunday night, I would say yes. It's possible. They need to do something to completely wash off the stink of that Jets game and prove to themselves and everyone else they are in the conversation as a top team in the NFC.

If they lose to the Vikings at home on national TV, 4-4 at best in the second half is most likely.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I think we end up 10-6 or 9-7 with that last Philly game being for the playoffs since the NFC is stacked and a wild card from the East will be tough. I don't say this negatively but just how I'm seeing the team play the schedule.

phildadon86

Reaction score
How am I being pessimistic? By saying we won't go 7-1? So if I said we weren't going 7-1 but 6-2 instead, would that be pessimistic?

Listen here...
Lions are better than their record says they are. They're defense is absolute arse, but their offense is actually pretty good. Not sure how we're going to matchup, but we'll have to play catchup (and we all saw how that went in the Green Bay game) if we allow them to run up the score in the first half.

Packers, Jets, nor the Breeless Saints looked daunting before we played them, and look what happened. Barkley has never been good against us. We have no idea how this team is going to matchup with Dalvin Cook.

At home doesn't matter. We got blown out by the Pack at home.
So because it happened once. Its going to happen again? Wake up man. You literally are using past games to judge this team. Why not use the philly game? You think that GB is using the last game as a reason it can happen again? No. We move forward. And Dak's record against Cousins is incredible. Lions are not good. They always play the packers well. We will have to play catchup? Against the lions? Another bold statement as fact. We do have a defense too you know? How do you even enjoy football if all you do is complain about it? I bet if we beat the Patriots you would still find something to whine about.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just win the East. Let the game play out and see what happens. We can’t both pretend we don’t care about regular season games when we win them and then pretend they’re extra important if we don’t win enough.

MikeB80

Reaction score
probably not.

My formula to make the playoffs before the season started was. I thought they needed to go 10-6 to win the division.

Go 4-2 vs the nfc east
Go 3-1 vs the afc east
Beat detroit on the road.

thats 8 wins.

Then win 2 of the remaining games vs

New Orleans, Green Bay, minnesota, Chicago, LA.

They lost to the jets, New Orleans, Green bay.

So Now I think they need to go 6-0 vs the nfc east, 2-2 vs the afc east, beat detroit and win of the remaining games vs minnesota, chicago, LA.

This sunday if they can beat minnesota then win at detroit I think they win the east. Splitting with the pats and the bills before the stretch run would set them up perfectly.

8-4 with the bears, rams, washington and the eagles left should set them up to be 10-6.

Lose to minnesota sunday and Detroit in two weeks and it will probably pretty tough to win the east.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
So because it happened once. Its going to happen again? Wake up man. You literally are using past games to judge this team. Why not use the philly game? You think that GB is using the last game as a reason it can happen again? No. We move forward. And Dak's record against Cousins is incredible. Lions are not good. They always play the packers well. We will have to play catchup? Against the lions? Another bold statement as fact. We do have a defense too you know? How do you even enjoy football if all you do is complain about it? I bet if we beat the Patriots you would still find something to whine about.

Soo, according to your logic: Do NOT use past games to judge this team. Got it. That includes their Weeks 1-3 wins, as well as the recent NYG and Philly game. That means this team has a 50% chance at best to win against the Vikings next week since every week is an apparent blank slate.

Dak's record against Cousins means nothing. Cousins was on a horrendous Commanders team. He is now on a team that is actually capable of winning. It's not going to be easy. Dak's record against the Giants has always been nothing short of amazing, however, last night, he's lucky his RB made plays and that his defense made good stops in the first half because, whew... him and his WR's did not play well AT ALL. He can't do that next week when we play the Vikes.

You are the only one on this forum that reiterates my statements as pure facts. Don't take it so figuratively. We MIGHT/LIKELY will have to play catchup if this team continues the slow starts. The Lions ARE NOT a bad team. Do NOT underestimate them. They are better than the Jets and we got Molly whopped by the Jets! I understand we have a defense, but they can get gassed if Dak and Co. keep going 3 and out/ have field goals with Maybe Maher kicking.

I complimented this team last night after the win. I do not always complain.

ALSO, If we beat the Patriots I'll eat and cook ramen in my toilet. If we beat the Pats, I'll eat crow and I'll never talk bad about the Cowboys again. That's how much I highly doubt that game. We're going to be in Foxborough during one of their coldest months, and you think we stand a chance with the way this team starts out slow? Look at all the other teams that started out slow against them and tell me the scores of those games. Now, tell me what happened when the Ravens started out FAST. They won the game. The way to beat that team is fast starts. Kill their momentum. Fast drives, fast game. This Dallas team won't be mentally prepared for that game. I can't trust a team that struggled against the Giants to go up against a Juggernaut team in their home. Sorry not sorry :thumbdown:.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I generally lean to the optimistic side, believing most things are possible, even if they aren't probable. But 7-1 the rest of the way is more optimistic than I can go with. We have to feel it's going to be tough to beat the Pats, and between the Vikings, Eagles, Bears, Rams and even the Lions, we are likely to lose at least one more, if not a couple.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Good to get a win, even against a really bad giants team. A win is a win. 5-3 at the half way point- not terrible but that Jets loss makes getting a #2 seed very difficult. Difficult but not impossible.

So with 8 games to go, IMO, in order for this team to have a legit shot to at least advance further than they have since ‘95, they either have to get the #2 seed by going 7-1 down the backside of the season (and get some help) or just get extremely hot as a #4 seed, and win a WC game and a divisional playoff game for the first time in 24 years.

That’s the bottom line for me this season. Be better than they have been the last two decades. Can they do it?

Remaining schedule is tough- Vikes, Pats, Bears, Bills, e-girls, and skins. Those teams combined are 23-10-1. We need to go 7-1.

Highly unlikely we go 7-1. I mean look at who we’ve beaten so far and add to the fact we’re so inconsistent I’d say 4-4 may be a stretch.

quickccc

Reaction score

vs Minnesota (without Adam Thielman?) stuff Cook, and force Kirk to beat you. A gunslinger that makes mistakes and we play more wide open/aggressively at home vs on the road. WIN
@ Detroit - I can see us losing this game considering our road woes. Lions no run game but can we handle Staff ? LOSS
@ New England - beating Belichek and Brady on the road? LOSS
vs Buffalo thanksgiving - WIN we barely squeeze this win out, philly ran all over bills, we should be doing same WIN
At Chicago - their QB is such a mess and could be a bust.- tough D" but no offense - but yet I worry about our own road woes will make it a tight barely winneable game WIN
vs LA Rams - Rams not good as 2018' but they have no/hurry misdirection to dismantle us, Can we stop their run ? Can we run ball ourselves ? LOSS
@Philly - we matchup well vs Eagles and they are depleted in their WRs unit and very weak in DB unit. If its stacks at hand, we still win over Philly WIN
vs Washington- unless this is a sit it out game - and we don't let up, we should win this game at home WIN

10-6 and NFC East champions

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I think we go 3-5 worst case, probably 4-4 and best case is 5-3.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't bet on it but if I did, I'd bet on them getting at least to the NFCCG. 7-1 against better competition and the only gimme, the Skins, is a tall order and they'd be playoff ready.

They're playing @NE, DET, CHI and PHL and none of those will be easy. They have 5 games left with teams in the top 12 in run D, PHL, CHI, MIN, LAR and NE.

If the Cowboys make the playoffs, it will be as the 4th seed and they will get one home game but they will have to win on the road the next week to make the NGCCG.

But when any question, about any team, is posed regrading this, my first question is how healthy will they be? There are some teams more adept at overcoming injuries, the Cowboys are not one of those teams.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
It seems like that game at Philly will likely be for the East. I think we’ll be 8-6 or 9-5 going into that game and Philly will probably be 9-5.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I think we go 3-5 worst case, probably 4-4 and best case is 5-3.

This, except at worst, we likely go 1-7 with losses from the Vikes, Lions, Bears, Pats, Eagles, Rams, and the Bills (the win is Washington).

At best I honestly think we can go undefeated... but we have Garrett so thats not happening.

Probably 4-4 is accurate though.