Can we go 7-1 down the stretch?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm making myself look stupid :lmao2::lmao2:?

Listen here broski, Patriots aren't as good as we thought. Are they still a juggernaut? YES. They have Belichick as HC. Their defense is still good. Their offense with Sanu and Edelman is average-good (good enough to win games). Don't forget they also have the refs on their side half the time. I don't care if they "run the score up" as it's obvious they have the tangibles to do so.

Does Dallas stand a chance against them? Sure. Is that chance high? NO. A team that barely gets penalized (Pats) and a top 5 penalized team (Dallas) doesn't seem like a good matchup to me...
A team that cant stop the run or running QBs isnt a good matchup to you? When we beat the pats we can thank Lamar Jackson for showing us the blueprint. If we dont go to NE and see Zeke and DAK running. This coaching staff has failed. You hit Brady early and he folds.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
A team that cant stop the run or running QBs isnt a good matchup to you? When we beat the pats we can thank Lamar Jackson for showing us the blueprint. If we dont go to NE and see Zeke and DAK running. This coaching staff has failed. You hit Brady early and he folds.

You just confirmed it yourself. You really think Garrett is going to use that Ravens blueprint? He isn't that smart. He likes HIS playbook and HIS plays only. We had plenty of blue prints early in the season to beat the Packers and Jets and guess what? WE DIDN'T USE THEM!

Also, Dak isn't the same runner as Lamar Jackson. It won't be the same...

scottsp

Reaction score
Definitely betting the under on seven wins going forward. Not happening.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
vs Minnesota (without Adam Thielman?) stuff Cook, and force Kirk to beat you. A gunslinger that makes mistakes and we play more wide open/aggressively at home vs on the road. WIN
@ Detroit - I can see us losing this game considering our road woes. Lions no run game but can we handle Staff ? LOSS
@ New England - beating Belichek and Brady on the road? LOSS
vs Buffalo thanksgiving - WIN we barely squeeze this win out, philly ran all over bills, we should be doing same WIN
At Chicago - their QB is such a mess and could be a bust.- tough D" but no offense - but yet I worry about our own road woes will make it a tight barely winneable game WIN
vs LA Rams - Rams not good as 2018' but they have no/hurry misdirection to dismantle us, Can we stop their run ? Can we run ball ourselves ? LOSS
@Philly - we matchup well vs Eagles and they are depleted in their WRs unit and very weak in DB unit. If its stacks at hand, we still win over Philly WIN
vs Washington- unless this is a sit it out game - and we don't let up, we should win this game at home WIN

10-6 and NFC East champions
But can they as the #4 seed do more than they did in 2014 and 2018? Win a WC game then lose in the dub round? Is that this team’s 21st century high water mark?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can we? Yes absolutely we can
Will we? absolutely not

We struggled getting the ball downfield against a bad pass defense team. Gallop catching 2 of 6 passes really hurts this offense vs better teams. If zeke wasn't running at 6 yards a clip we may not win this game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But can they as the #4 seed do more than they did in 2014 and 2018? Win a WC game then lose in the dub round? Is that this team’s 21st century high water mark?
Who knows until you get there.

We’ve had the #1 seed twice since 2007 and it didn’t help us. I’m more interested in how we’re playing down the stretch and how healthy we are.

If we are playing well , have confidence and momentum we can go on the road to win a divisional game and finally make a championship appearance.

I guess for some fans it’s a Super Bowl or Bust mentality. It’s a failure every year until we win it all again.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You just confirmed it yourself. You really think Garrett is going to use that Ravens blueprint? He isn't that smart. He likes HIS playbook and HIS plays only. We had plenty of blue prints early in the season to beat the Packers and Jets and guess what? WE DIDN'T USE THEM!

Also, Dak isn't the same runner as Lamar Jackson. It won't be the same...
Keep being negative. Enjoy life always expecting failure.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Keep being negative. Enjoy life always expecting failure.

That's all you can say because you can't dispute what I just said. It's the truth. It's sad but it's true. The game will probably be too big for this team to handle. They could barely handle the Giants on Monday Night Football

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
:lmao:
3fce03.jpg
He was showing us how to score. lol

phildadon86

Reaction score
That's all you can say because you can't dispute what I just said. It's the truth. It's sad but it's true. The game will probably be too big for this team to handle. They could barely handle the Giants on Monday Night Football
Here we go again. Mental accusations. I can say a lot. I choose not to because there is no arguing with you. What truth are you saying? Zeke is going to run all over them. Just like he has all season minus one game. The Pats are not unbeatable and we dont play eachother often. It isnt some dead game because you say it is. Like you said earlier. "We will be playing catchup" which yet again. Is an assumption you're trying to pawn off as fact. Just like you said we would lose 7 of the next 8 games. I am not surprised to see you on this thread spewing your crap about how its now the coaching and not the locker room and disrespect to Dak. Keep changing everything friend. You sound like a moron and everyone here sees it

Blackrain

Reaction score

Unfortunately my respected Cowboy brother that is our highwater mark with this coaching staff even with all the talent we have . Very sorry to say it but have put my expectations at just making the playoffs . When everybody is good in the playoffs we just cant compete with other teams coaching . It flat out kills me but I see no way around it unless we have some incredible luck but that wont happen 3 games in a row

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Here we go again. Mental accusations. I can say a lot. I choose not to because there is no arguing with you. What truth are you saying? Zeke is going to run all over them. Just like he has all season minus one game. The Pats are not unbeatable and we dont play eachother often. It isnt some dead game because you say it is. Like you said earlier. "We will be playing catchup" which yet again. Is an assumption you're trying to pawn off as fact. Just like you said we would lose 7 of the next 8 games. I am not surprised to see you on this thread spewing your crap about how its now the coaching and not the locker room and disrespect to Dak. Keep changing everything friend. You sound like a moron and everyone here sees it

"Here we go again". Exactly. We have done this for weeks now, and you have yet to pick up on what I am saying.

I have blamed Garrett, Rod, and Richard throughout many threads on this forum. I never backtracked on the locker room and disrespect to Dak because I still believe it is a problem. It's a minor problem. I never said the locker room and disrespect to Dak was our main problem, as it's always been coaching. I was just saying that those were minor problems accompanying the coaching problems (and honestly, those problems are because of the bad coaching.) The team does seem more energetic and emotional than usual, as seen last night even tho all the fights were caused by Hernandez. I have to give them that. Dak was also showing some brotherly love (which was well received meaning he was earning respect back) on the sideline during the game. The problem seems to be fixing itself.

Blackrain

Reaction score
7-1 hard to say ,my predicting days are over . Anything that seems logical to happen in todays NFL can go sideways fast with all the new crazy rule changes that dramatically alter games in an instant .

This I will say we have more than enough talent to win out but there are a few intangibles that could bite us other than coaching . Before this is over special teams will cost us a game not a prediction a fact .

We are not a cold weather team at all and Philly game could be a very cold weather event for a much needed game

To go 7-1 penalties need to be cut down and so do the dropped balls along with defense getting TOs like we did last night .

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, if at the end of the season, if we haven’t done anything more than what we’ve done the last 23 seasons, what have we really accomplished? Besides make the Jones Crtel more profitable? I contend this team and it’s leaders aren’t hungry enough to achieve.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Good to get a win, even against a really bad giants team. A win is a win. 5-3 at the half way point- not terrible but that Jets loss makes getting a #2 seed very difficult. Difficult but not impossible.

So with 8 games to go, IMO, in order for this team to have a legit shot to at least advance further than they have since ‘95, they either have to get the #2 seed by going 7-1 down the backside of the season (and get some help) or just get extremely hot as a #4 seed, and win a WC game and a divisional playoff game for the first time in 24 years.

That’s the bottom line for me this season. Be better than they have been the last two decades. Can they do it?

Maybe. But they’re going to have to play a lot better than the last 8 games.

Remaining schedule is tough- Vikes, Pats, Bears, Bills, e-girls, and skins. Those teams combined are 23-10-1. We need to go 7-1.
Time to prove it- contender or pretender.
My hope is we focus better against the better teams. Agree, that we need to be 7-1 .

catiii

Reaction score
Good to get a win, even against a really bad giants team. A win is a win. 5-3 at the half way point- not terrible but that Jets loss makes getting a #2 seed very difficult. Difficult but not impossible.

So with 8 games to go, IMO, in order for this team to have a legit shot to at least advance further than they have since ‘95, they either have to get the #2 seed by going 7-1 down the backside of the season (and get some help) or just get extremely hot as a #4 seed, and win a WC game and a divisional playoff game for the first time in 24 years.

That’s the bottom line for me this season. Be better than they have been the last two decades. Can they do it?

Maybe. But they’re going to have to play a lot better than the last 8 games.

Remaining schedule is tough- Vikes, Pats, Bears, Bills, e-girls, and skins. Those teams combined are 23-10-1. We need to go 7-1.
Time to prove it- contender or pretender.

No. They can't do it.