Can we really afford to pay Dak 50 million and Micah a huge deal?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Please someone tell me how we will make this happen and be able to do other things with this team in terms of signing other players

John813

Reaction score
Yes. First year of Micahs deal will be min base + prorated bonus.

Say 5 year 150 mil 35 mil signing bonus

Cap hit of 1.7+7 = 8.7mil year new deal cap hit
Add in 2024 prorated bonus, from rookie contract of 2.4mil, 2024 final cap hit of 11.1 mil

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Please someone tell me how we will make this happen and be able to do other things with this team in terms of signing other players
We shouldnt , Dak is paid the market rate already , unless he propels the cowboys into higher tiers this year , we should go in a different direction, with Micah I am bit torn , Dont know he will turn out to be which Demarcus - Ware or Lawrence after paid , he will command a rate which probably will be out of range if he continues to do things better.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Every good team has a number of highly paid star players. That’s what makes them good teams. Having very good/star players.

That’s why drafting is so important. Keep drafting well and you’ll have a steady flow of cheap labor behind the stars.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
We can and will. The cap is always rising. Dak will be amenable to a longer deal now that he will be going into a 3rd contract and that will allow a ton of flexibility.

The cap is not hard to figure out. You just need a spreadsheet and a basic understanding of accounting and math

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah. Plus pay CeeDee. I think the Cowboys want Dak to take a longer contract that will pay him good money but the only way Dak would sign that deal is if they make him the highest paid player in the league. Dak seems to have decided to bet on himself. The Joneses have decided to cover themselves. If they don’t like what they see from Lance, I expect them to draft a quarterback early.

Shane612

Reaction score
I really wish Dak would pull a Tom Brady and take less to help the team keep building a winner around him. Being greedy is going to get him off the Cowboys eventually. Hope he understands that and makes a wise decision if he truly wants to remain a Cowboy. $30 - $40 / year is plenty of money.
So is $20 - $25.
That's what I said he's worth 4 years ago, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is always ways to play with the numbers of contracts but the bigger question regarding the contracts, especially after this season, will be does JJ cave and give Dak an extension or look to move on?
Jerry has already moved on only a matter of time now as Dak will help in the process by laying those eggs esp against teams with real defenses this coming season.
Fins, Bills, Eagles, Jets, Niners, just to name a few when deer in the headlights will be in the house once again!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So is $20 - $25.
That's what I said he's worth 4 years ago, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind.
Ridiculous. If you said this 4 years ago in 2019 when Dak started throwing for 4,902 yards and 30 TDs, another 4,500 yards season and franchise record 37 TDs in 2021, then you are out of your mind trolling if you believe Dak had not earned his $40 mil / year contract.

Shane612

Reaction score
Ridiculous. If you said this 4 years ago in 2019 when Dak started throwing for 4,902 yards and 30 TDs, another 4,500 yards season and franchise record 37 TDs in 2021, then you are out of your mind trolling if you believe Dak had not earned his $40 mil / year contract.
If Dak got 4500 yards imagine what a real superstar would have done.

Dak's 40 didn't get the cowboys anything. So, I'm right, you're wrong.
lol:p

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif