Can we really afford to pay Dak 50 million and Micah a huge deal?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I really wish Dak would pull a Tom Brady and take less to help the team keep building a winner around him. Being greedy is going to get him off the Cowboys eventually. Hope he understands that and makes a wise decision if he truly wants to remain a Cowboy. $30 - $40 / year is plenty of money.
I agree but the owners are making so much money and the majority of players seem to be getting screwed I don’t blame Dak for getting every penny. You hire France for a reason. In reality Dak seems to want to be a Cowboy so I think eventually both the team and Dak will have a compromise. The problem is if no contract is worked out before the season, you run the risk of injury or the Cowboys have an early playoff flameout. I think the Cowboys make a different decision then what they did in 2020.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
tenor.gif
:laugh:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He almost certainly will get that or close to it. That's the going rate for a good QB. Regardless of what fans do or don't think of Dak, the Jones family thinks he's SB capable.
So you talk to the Jones clan regularly?
All signals point to the opposite esp the last one involving Trey.
How could any owner be happy at the Dak era esp having to pay all that cash for 2 playoff wins in 7 seasons?
Send my regards to Jerry will you bud..... :muttley:

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
He almost certainly will get that or close to it. That's the going rate for a good QB. Regardless of what fans do or don't think of Dak, the Jones family thinks he's SB capable.
The going rate for superstar elite qbs is that. Dak ain't getting that he will get something in-between what dimes got and the elite tier.

Ken

Reaction score
I really wish Dak would pull a Tom Brady and take less to help the team keep building a winner around him. Being greedy is going to get him off the Cowboys eventually. Hope he understands that and makes a wise decision if he truly wants to remain a Cowboy. $30 - $40 / year is plenty of money.
I was thinking a Mahomes. Take less, have a better team, take the pressure off and you still have more money than you will ever need.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
The going rate for superstar elite qbs is that. Dak ain't getting that he will get something in-between what dimes got and the elite tier.
LOL he's getting close to $50M if not more. Murray and Watson got $46M, Dak'll get more than that.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Please someone tell me how we will make this happen and be able to do other things with this team in terms of signing other players
no, Dak contract will not have. 50m hit. None of the QB deals work like that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Please someone tell me how we will make this happen and be able to do other things with this team in terms of signing other players

He has proven he is capable. And according to every QB ranking list out there, he is capable.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Who is we? Are you starting a ******** or something? I wouldn't worry about those guy's money. I'm sure they'll be fine as will their kids and grand kids.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, which is why they will extend Dak to spread out the cap hit. Not what some of us want to hear, but it'll happen.
I didn't want to make this another trey lance thread so I didn't mention him in my post, but it was on my mind with this post. Extend him that's fine

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We shouldnt , Dak is paid the market rate already , unless he propels the cowboys into higher tiers this year , we should go in a different direction, with Micah I am bit torn , Dont know he will turn out to be which Demarcus - Ware or Lawrence after paid , he will command a rate which probably will be out of range if he continues to do things better.
Great great post!!!!! So basically don't rush with Dak? Let him play out the season before he gets paid??? Micah I'm torn too I feel like people are still stuck in his first season here. He's great, want to see him really take over games, there's been games where he was quiet

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We can and will. The cap is always rising. Dak will be amenable to a longer deal now that he will be going into a 3rd contract and that will allow a ton of flexibility.

The cap is not hard to figure out. You just need a spreadsheet and a basic understanding of accounting and math
Please help