Can we really cheer for a high draft pick?

Fredd

Reaction score
define "cheer"?

won't be "cheering" for losses, but won't be upset this season

eternaljester81

Reaction score
I hope Dallas loses every single game left.

Better pick in each round and a softer schedule next year.

Pragmatism.

There's absolutely something to be said for an easier schedule following a season like this. I'd much rather face SF, NO and Chi/Det next year than AZ, Car and GB/Minn. Better chance at getting to the big dance, where anything can happen, especially if Romo can play the bulk of the games like 2014.

btcutter

Reaction score
If we're picking in the top 5, I take a stud defender in the 1st, and hope one of the QBs fall to the late 1st/early 2nd. None of them are consensus top 5 talent, and I don't want to see us reaching based on need. That's how you end up the Quincy Carters and Shante Carvers of the draft world.

IF that's a big IF. If we (scouts) believe one of the QB is our future I will just pick him and not look back. I am not goofing around and HOPE for someone to fall to us. QB is too important of a position to leave it to HOPE.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If we're picking in the top 5, I take a stud defender in the 1st, and hope one of the QBs fall to the late 1st/early 2nd. None of them are consensus top 5 talent, and I don't want to see us reaching based on need. That's how you end up the Quincy Carters and Shante Carvers of the draft world.

Depends what the dropoff of the so called stud defenders vs ones in the early part of the 2nd round too. Not just for qb's.

Ren

Reaction score
If the Cowboys end up 8-8 after being 3-8 that would give me some optimism for next season especially doing it without Romo. In my opinion finishing the season strong helps us more in the long run than having a top 5 pick that may never live up to expectations. Some here seem to look more forward to draft day and having a high pick than having a good season that will lower our draft position. There's teams that have high picks every year and continue to lose.

We're not going to run the table at best I think we win 3, I'll never actively cheer for a loss but I am not gonna get to upset if we lose. Having the pick of the litter come draft time is a hell of a lot more exciting then 8-8

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Really????

He had 3 straight 11-5 seasons where he averaged 4000 yds and 29 TDs. And he just turned 26. Oh and he added another 1000yds rushing and 12 more TDs.

This year he has been off but a couple injuries caught up with him.

If I had to pick a QB to start my franchise right now he would be my choice.

He's also a turnover machine and under 60% completion rate. He's super talented but not as good as he's made out to be.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He's also a turnover machine and under 60% completion rate. He's super talented but not as good as he's made out to be.
He's easily the most overrated QB in the league. I don't get it either.

The hate is strong tonite. The guy is only 26 and already one of the best.

He had 4700 yds 40TDs 62% comp and 16 ints last year. Add another 274 yds rushing and 3 more TDs.

If that is over-rated, I can't wait to see rated.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The hate is strong tonite. The guy is only 26 and already one of the best.

He had 4700 yds 40TDs 62% comp and 16 ints last year. Add another 274 yds rushing and 3 more TDs.

If that is over-rated, I can't wait to see rated.

Yes he is good, but he isn't the model every qb from now on out should be compared to in the draft.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
We're not going to run the table at best I think we win 3, I'll never actively cheer for a loss but I am not gonna get to upset if we lose. Having the pick of the litter come draft time is a hell of a lot more exciting then 8-8

Because lord knows we know what that feels like. Thanks Jason.

I'd rather lose, get a softer schedule, higher draft pick and tool up for next year.

Drafting in the top 5 ensures you basically 2 first round prospects. And 3 picks in the top 100. I don't like that we're in the situation but I'll certainly take it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes he is good, but he isn't the model every qb from now on out should be compared to in the draft.

The thing with Luck is that he never looks "smooth" out there.

I watched him closely their opening game of the season vs. the Bills and he comes off looking "herky-jerky". Passes go here, there and everywhere.

I don't know how the heck he's put up the numbers he has... he just doesn't look the part of a top-flight QB.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Knowing how things go for dallas they'll pick the only bust out of the top 5 lol