Can we talk about how awful the refs were this game

Kevinicus

Reaction score
CD was coming back to the ball jumped and caught the ball in the air beyond the first down marker, then landed inside the first down marker. They ruled his forward progress for the first down.

It is not a completion until you have 2 feet on the ground.
When the ball is caught in the air, forward progress is marked where contact occurs with the defender, not where it is when they land.

Chasing6

Reaction score
When the ball is caught in the air, forward progress is marked where contact occurs with the defender, not where it is when they land.
So if he is pushed out of bounds is it a catch???

They rule is inconsistent. If you can push them out of bounds what is the difference???

Chasing6

Reaction score
Officiating has been going downhill for years now, in every game. The officials didn’t lose this game so please stop with that nonsense
The officiating can still be bad and not lose the game. I have not heard anyone say we lost the game because of the officiating

So quite down already.

kskboys

Reaction score
The officiating can still be bad and not lose the game. I have not heard anyone say we lost the game because of the officiating

So quite down already.
Yeah, if you watched this game and thought officiating was the problem, you were looking for it. Sort of a confimation bias thingie.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Nobody is arguing the officiating couldn't be a whole lot better.

But the WHINERS in here go on and on and ON about the bad calls that don't go our way, and COMPLETELY ignore the bad calls we benefit from...which there were plenty in this game

It evens out...and the best team wins 99.9% of the time. OCCASIONALLY....the Refs will be the deciding factor (see the Saints playoff loss several years ago the caused DPI review to be created, or how the refs gave us the win against Detroit last year, which everyone in here laughed at and enjoyed)

But the Cowboy fans way is to whine like little babies about the 50% of bad calls that hurt them, ignore the 50% of bad calls that hurt the other team, and of course expect the refs to literally throw 30 or 40 holding penalties on the opposing team, every week.

Whine whine whine. Loser players. Loser owner. Loser, weak mentality in the fans.
Looks like you're doing plenty of whining yourself :laugh:
The refs are straight hot garbage. Everyone can see it. League-wide, they're junk.
OBVIOUSLY, a Dallas Cowboys fan discussion forum is gonna lean a certain way.
It evens out 99.9% of the time? Yeah, sure.....

Chasing6

Reaction score
Looks like you're doing plenty of whining yourself :laugh:
The refs are straight hot garbage. Everyone can see it. League-wide, they're junk.
OBVIOUSLY, a Dallas Cowboys fan discussion forum is gonna lean a certain way.
It evens out 99.9% of the time? Yeah, sure.....
Officiating was bad across the board. It kept us in the game in the first half.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The pick play that two flags got thrown and picked back up was ridiculous at best. That could have been the difference between a win or loss. Just a bad no call.

Steve007

Reaction score
The refs were horrific tonight. Just terrible.

But in the end it doesn’t matter. This Cowboys team is not going anywhere. They just are not a good football team.

So it just doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, to me at least.

But yeah the refs suck. They were trash this evening.
Here we go. If it wasn't for those pesky refs the Cowboys would have won the game. LOL

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So if he is pushed out of bounds is it a catch???

They rule is inconsistent. If you can push them out of bounds what is the difference???
No, they still have to complete the process of a catch.

It's just a matter where forward progress is determined.

Creeper

Reaction score
The refs were bad for both teams but speaking of this particular play, I thought it was offensive PI. I did not like the ref in the booth explanation. I don't think the receiver was blocked into Wilson. I thought he made a clear blocking move.

But this play did not make the game one way or the other. If you want to win, then do something when you have the ball at the end of the game. 4 and out deserves the loss.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Excuses are for losers. Find a way to overcome it and go win the game. Ball in hand, plenty of time on the clock, go down and score. Y’all’s incompetent QB couldn’t even pick up a first down much less score.
I don't disagree with what you said there......but if the right call is made on that OPI the niners probably score 3 and not 7. It's a different ball game from there.....

morat1959

Reaction score
I don't disagree with what you said there......but if the right call is made on that OPI the niners probably score 3 and not 7. It's a different ball game from there.....
That’s purely hypothetical. Dak will always choke away games vs good teams. That’s based on 9+ years of watching him.