Can't think of one player I would have signed for same money so far

conner01

Reaction score
At 10 mil per year without a really long deal I thought M Jackson would help this team
But these prices are crazy and these deals can hurt more than they help in some cases
I’m all for building in the draft and think that’s the real key. But when you traded your one I think you had to add atleast one impact FA on the Dline

tm1119

Reaction score
Stephen is not cheap. He spends money wisely. The reason we are in the best Cap situation in the history of the franchise is because of SJ.

How big is the cap space trophy at the end of the year? Same size as the super bowl? Just as shiny?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The spending has been crazy, that is for certain.

The Carlos Hyde deal is one I would have done. Not expensive, quality backup who wouldn't have counted against the comp formula.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Stephen is not cheap. He spends money wisely. The reason we are in the best Cap situation in the history of the franchise is because of SJ.

Maybe cheap is too strong but conservative certainly isn't far off.........

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Other words, Stephen is admittedly cheap/conservative regarding outside free agent signing. But in his defense, there's not one player signed during the first wave I'm wishing was a Cowboy for the same amount of money.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/free-agency-update/2019-nfl-free-agent-tracker

FREE AGENCY UPDATE
2019 NFL FREE AGENT TRACKER
84.jpg

BY EVAN SILVA
Updated on March 11, 2019, 7:35 pm ET
FacebookTwitterRedditEmailPrint
( ) = Age at beginning of new league year.
These lists will be depleted by tags and re-signings.
These lists will be supplemented by releases.
This page will stay updated deep into the offseason.
Agreed.

It's funny seeing so many starting threads of said free agents getting signed elsewhere while upset that our Cowboys are not in line overspending for said free agents.

Uh, hello, they are free agents for a reason... or two... or three: age, diminishing skills/injury, overpaid contracts.

Why should the Cowboys front office go back to making the same mistakes of old? I'm so glad Stephen is taking control and being much more careful with the salary cap while making sure we keep our own young and talented studs first.

tm1119

Reaction score
Do the patriots spend big every offseason?

Do we have Brady and Belicheck?

I’ll answer for you...No we do not. Not even close. So therefore trying to opperate like the Patriots is idiotic. It’s like you watching a UFC fight and going, “hey, I have hands and feet just like they do, let me try that.”

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I’d love to get Smith from Washington. They can’t pay him because of that ridiculous contract they paid for a strong safety.

Would serve them right. Smith would be better with his hand in the dirt in a 43 instead of at OLB in their 34.

Agreed, it'd be nice to get him here.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Richardson is going to Cleveland. 3 year deal.

Their plan along the DL is peculiar. You would have thought they would have learned their lesson when they overvalued WR last year and had to trade a #1 pick to fix it. They seriously can't think even if Lawrence signs that their DL is good enough with maybe a mid-round pick thrown into the mix.
They did make a serious run at Sammy Watkins before the season last year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Patriots are big FA players every single year

Rams made it to Superbowl, Eagkes won Superbowl....all due to FAs
The Pats are definitely not big spenders.
Considered one of the tighter teams.

But they are active and their moves do tend to work out more often than not

LittleD

Reaction score
Stephen is waiting for the silly money deals to be handed out and McClay is checking his list for
couch potatoes. The plan is to fill backup holes and draft some great players in a few weeks.
That was the strategy in past years and that is the strategy for this year.... Get used to it or leave
forever!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everybody I was interested in is still available:

Darius Philon DT 1tech LAC- good run stuffer

Henry Anderson DT 3 tech NYJ- looked good every time I was forced to watch the Jets.

Sheldon Richardson DT 3T Minn- another guy most on this board have had a man crush on over the past few yrs.

Preston Smith Edge Wash- tired of watching him kick Tyrons butt every time we play them.

Give me a couple of those guys and throw in one of Amos, Clinton-Dix, or Tashaun Gibson and I'm ready to draft.

Man did your wish list dry up quickly!
:laugh:

Sydla

Reaction score
This notion that the Patriots are cheap (and we are operating like they do) is hilarious.

There are no depths that the homers will go to in order to prop up Jerry and Stephen.