Cap Implications if Dak is traded pre-June 1?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
easy thats not the narrative some here live to tell...some of us know its Jerry and some deserve another 28 years of Jerry until they can learn what the problem is.
Jerry has put talent on the field.

Dak doesnt have the Playoff yips.

Its the coaching that stinks in Playoffs.

Playoffs are hard for a QB. Purdy looked doodoo a few times last game. And he has the best talent and coaching in the League. Put him in Daniel Jones situation last few years and see how well he does.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Jerry has put talent on the field.

Dak doesnt have the Playoff yips.

Its the coaching that stinks in Playoffs.

Playoffs are hard for a QB. Purdy looked doodoo a few times last game. And he has the best talent and coaching in the League. Put him in Daniel Jones situation last few years and see how well he does.
Jerry also kept his HC in the headlines over BS the week leading up to the playoffs..Jerry IS the problem its really easy to see from a top down 28 year view...

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Jerry also kept his HC in the headlines over BS the week leading up to the playoffs..Jerry IS the problem its really easy to see from a top down 28 year view...
What does that have to do with on field play. Nothing.

MM is a big boy.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What does that have to do with on field play. Nothing.

MM is a big boy.
Again what has worked for this GM over 28 years...his headlines have not been good to his team. Tell me this who has been the problem over 28 years?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Has anyone done the math on the cap implications on trading Dak pre-June 1? I’m not just talking about Dak. I mean how do the Cowboys absorb that cap hit and what would the Cowboys need to do to make the cap acceleration fit this year?
Post June 1st or pre-June 1st does not apply to a trade. Dallas would have a $61 million dead cap hit in 2024.

bandfan

Reaction score
Why does everyone just assume The Dallas Cowboys Football Club wants to get rid of whichever player or coach they don't particularly care for?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Again what has worked for this GM over 28 years...his headlines have not been good to his team. Tell me this who has been the problem over 28 years?
Nothing you are suggesting makes sense unless Im being played and there is a world where something completely unrelated can have an effect on something else completely unrelated.

Jerry puts talent on the field last 5 years. You are trying to sell me that because Jerry had a kid from an affair or because Jerry likes to have a good time that those decisions effect his football team.

How is Jerry screwing this up? Because he wont let Harbaugh come in and do whatever he wants? Doubt you would do that either.

Jerry is giving the coaches players. Plenty of talented players to make noise with. Show me that Jerry is forcing MM to do certain in game things MM doesnt want and maybe I will listen. Deuce Vaughn playing isnt the kind of answer Im going to listen to you on. Prove to me that Jerry forced MM and his assistants to do certain things in the Playoff game that they didnt want and maybe I will listen.

As of right now youre trying to sell me that unrelated events effect this team.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont understand all the Dak threads.

He isnt the problem.

Playoff coaching is the problem.

Cut Dak...and its just more money to go to players that have to play for bad playoff coaches.

Our offense gets stymied in the Playoffs...thats not Dak. Thats lack of respecting a run game or plan. Our receivers cant get open...thats not Dak. Thats coaching.

Our Defense cant stop the run after getting run on for 4 weeks prior to the Playoffs. Thats bad coaching planning...not Dak.

Cutting Dak to give other players more money or to acquire better talent isnt going to solve the playoff coaching issue.
He is most certainly part of the problem. Yes, big game coaching was atrocious, but his inability to read a defense consistently is also a major problem.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Nothing you are suggesting makes sense unless Im being played and there is a world where something completely unrelated can have an effect on something else completely unrelated.

Jerry puts talent on the field last 5 years. You are trying to sell me that because Jerry had a kid from an affair or because Jerry likes to have a good time that those decisions effect his football team.

How is Jerry screwing this up? Because he wont let Harbaugh come in and do whatever he wants? Doubt you would do that either.

Jerry is giving the coaches players. Plenty of talented players to make noise with. Show me that Jerry is forcing MM to do certain in game things MM doesnt want and maybe I will listen. Deuce Vaughn playing isnt the kind of answer Im going to listen to you on. Prove to me that Jerry forced MM and his assistants to do certain things in the Playoff game that they didnt want and maybe I will listen.

As of right now youre trying to sell me that unrelated events effect this team.
Please tell me what has worked for the only thing that has been here for the 28 years of this bad run? Its a very simple question. Has the GM who is responsible for building a team from players to COACHES that win a SB done it as the "Im in charge from socks to Jocks" GM. In any other Franchise this GM would have been fired decades ago....not one player or caoch has been here for all these failures.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
He is most certainly part of the problem. Yes, big game coaching was atrocious, but his inability to read a defense consistently is also a major problem.
If this is all real...I think a the biggest sports franchise in the world would know this by now and move on if it were such an issue.

total speculation....but I am going with the issue isnt as big as what the negatives on this board would like it to be.

the guy puts up stats. there are youtube videos dedicated to breaking Dak downs decisions. the experts had him in MVP contention.

if teams are playing vanilla against him reg season and not showing him disguises...thats just hard to believe.

if the guy sucks at reading defenses in Playoffs or there is a strong assumption amongst coaches in the league that they know how to fluster Dak...I think the Jones' would know and act accordingly. Dak's had a few playoff games now.

i think we get out coached in playoffs, personally. i dont think Dak has showed strong enough yips to declare him to the bench.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Please tell me what has worked for the only thing that has been here for the 28 years of this bad run? Its a very simple question. Has the GM who is responsible for building a team from players to COACHES that win a SB done it as the "Im in charge from socks to Jocks" GM. In any other Franchise this GM would have been fired decades ago....not one player or caoch has been here for all these failures.
If we had Shanahan as HC/OC and Brady at QB with Belicheck as the DC....

With same talent coming in as Will McClay has provided...

We still would be in this same position. Its fake. Its an elaborate illusion meant to disguise/mask shock therapy/determinism.

Thats why these message boards are unreasonable...its 90% opinions meant to shock.

So...I dont care about hearing about Jerry being the problem. There is no solution

Last edited:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If we had Shanahan as HC/OC and Brady at QB with Belicheck as the DC....

With same talent coming in as Will McClay has provided...

We still would be in this same position. Its fake. Its an elaborate illusion meant to disguise shock therapy.

Thats why these message boards are unreasonable...its 90% opinions meant to shock.

So...I dont care about hearing about Jerry being the problem. There is no solution
Jerry chooses the coaches, how is that not a direct reflection on him?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
This from someone with that username.

No one with anything of value on the line would take Jerry Jones as a GM.

There are a ton of superbowl winning QB's I would take as their rookie selves over Dak.
agent of the illusion

attacking usernames, dak, jerry...

par

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Every team wanting a decent vet QB at the helm has the same problem.

Its not some one off problem for Dallas Cowboys.
Yep and the Cowboys can survive the cap hit if they move on. Philly did and ended up in another SB shortly thereafter. Of course we have dumb and dumber running the front office so it’s more complicated for us.