Twitter: Captain workouts underway at the Star

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no idea what a captain workout is.
What exactly does a "captain workout" entail?

Jerry is very good at this one.
Except he substitutes JWB with Captain Morgan.

Put ice in a glass, unless you want it straight.
Twist the cap, pour into glass, add a mixer like club soda or coke or whatever if desired.

Take a sip. Count money saved on salary cap.

AAAHHH...the Captain workout.

JBS

Reaction score
I have no idea what a captain workout is.
Typically they game plan on how they plan on attacking the coin toss, especially during road games. With how important the coin toss is during the postseason, they need to be prepared for all scenarios. The captains get together and game plan.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is cool and all but for them to go where they wanna go......we have to see much stronger leadership from these captains during the season. First, they have stepped up their game and then hold teammates more accountable. I love the hell out of Dak but this bull's eye is mostly his back. This is his team......demand more, even if it means calling out a player or two.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The off season is a great time to build relationships and trust....good for them!!

Agree. Even playing small school football in Texas we did Summer lifting and then 2 a days at a camp in August without parents etc. Film study. Definitely good bonding.

75boyz

Reaction score
This is cool and all but for them to go where they wanna go......we have to see much stronger leadership from these captains during the season. First, they have stepped up their game and then hold teammates more accountable. I love the hell out of Dak but this bull's eye is mostly his back. This is his team......demand more, even if it means calling out a player or two.

To include himself?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Jerry knew what he was doing. He build the star, so players would have a place to practice on their own. I wonder if they have cameras up so the coaches can change things up if needed.

Dak is the captain, so they should have titled it Dak lead workouts taking place.

fivetwos

Reaction score
But if they WEREN'T working out. If there WEREN'T videos et al, then their bums. And if they DARE go on a vacation, then blasphemy... lol

Players can't win in the offseason...
For me anyway, that isn't true.

I expect them to be doing what they need to for themselves.

I dont sit here and trash a guy for not working out because I didnt HEAR about it.

For me, an athlete working out is like ME taking a piss. It doesnt need to be noted or pointed out, but they take their cue from their leader, salesman Jerry.

Take Lawrence saying a year ago how 'focused' he was on winning. That means what? He wasn't before?

There's zero positive to talking just to talk but it happens all the time in Dallas.

Wonder why.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
To include himself?

No question.......it's why I said the bullseye is on his back. In other words, it starts with him......he's gotta take his game to another level and I'm not talking about stats.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I’m trying to snap out of it but at this point I’m not even interested in the draft which is usually a highlight for me. The past couple decades have taken their toll I think.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But if they WEREN'T working out. If there WEREN'T videos et al, then their bums. And if they DARE go on a vacation, then blasphemy... lol

Players can't win in the offseason...
So are you saying I should be impressed they are going to their jobs?