Twitter: Captain workouts underway at the Star

Doomsday101

Reaction score
But if they WEREN'T working out. If there WEREN'T videos et al, then their bums. And if they DARE go on a vacation, then blasphemy... lol

Players can't win in the offseason...

In public opinion your right but they can prove people wrong this upcoming season. Seem many are not giving them much a chance to do anything, they have the chance to prove them wrong. As most say the road to the SB starts in the off season, players are doing what they need to be doing

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree. Even playing small school football in Texas we did Summer lifting and then 2 a days at a camp in August without parents etc. Film study. Definitely good bonding.

In the 70's in Ohio, the high school football coach as extra workouts Got the OL & DL summer jobs, or spring jobs, baling hay and other work at local farms.
Made them stronger. Maybe it was a midwestern thing, which was why the Big 10 had a lot of trench players go to the NFL.
Just a theory.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In public opinion your right but they can prove people wrong this upcoming season. Seem many are not giving them much a chance to do anything, they have the chance to prove them wrong. As most say the road to the SB starts in the off season, players are doing what they need to be doing
That's really it...

My point is if this was a thread of them yucking it up on a yacht in the bahamas somewhere, the tone of 80% of the posts would still be the same. lol

75boyz

Reaction score
For me anyway, that isn't true.

I expect them to be doing what they need to for themselves.

I dont sit here and trash a guy for not working out because I didnt HEAR about it.

For me, an athlete working out is like ME taking a piss. It doesnt need to be noted or pointed out, but they take their cue from their leader, salesman Jerry.

Take Lawrence saying a year ago how 'focused' he was on winning. That means what? He wasn't before?

There's zero positive to talking just to talk but it happens all the time in Dallas.

Wonder why.

Well said.
If you're a paid athlete I believe your minimum year round job requirements should include staying in the best physical condition as possible while attempting to improve upon the job skillset you are being paid to perform.

And there's really no reason to have this publicly known because these are like the bare minimum standards.

I don't expect to be applauded because I fulfilled my 40 hour workweek to my employer.

For the professional athlete, if that means additional workouts, practices, film study time or whatever, this is all a part of the basic package of being a pro.

Now, the countless extra personal time spent improving oneself outside of these "organized activities/practices" is usually how the better performers have been able to separate themselves from good to elite.

But then again in the pros, there are many who reach their ceiling and never improve regardless of additional personal practice time put in.

jmo

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's really it...

My point is if this was a thread of them yucking it up on a yacht in the bahamas somewhere, the tone of 80% of the posts would still be the same. lol

No doubt, right now anything this team does will be scrutinized by critics, they are in a no win situation with some fans. All any player can do is put in the work and continue to put in the effort.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I have no idea what a captain workout is.

Maybe they are organized by the captains (leaders) of the team instead of the team itself because of the collective bargaining agreement. Don't believe the team can force the players to work out this time of year, but the "captains" can highly encourage it.

Nexx

Reaction score
reports coming in from these works already. Dak is peak season form already, overthrowing the running backs out of the backfield, throwing behind wide receivers and holding on the ball too even though there is no coverage.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Zeke looks fat to me... Even tho I haven't seen a picture of him yet..
Joe_Looney_as_Zeke.0.jpg