Twitter: Captain workouts underway at the Star

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe they are organized by the captains (leaders) of the team instead of the team itself because of the collective bargaining agreement. Don't believe the team can force the players to work out this time of year, but the "captains" can highly encourage it.

But we don't have captains. We've gone the woke, orange wedges, everyone is a captain and therefore special approach.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Joe_Looney_as_Zeke.0.jpg

I Miss Looney

fivetwos

Reaction score
LOL!
Exactly.
I said it in a different post.

Can't build a champion to save his life but man can he sell!

The boy can can flat out sell I tell ya.
Not sure if you've dealt with narcissists personally and closely.

They can be quite charming.

It's common enough where I'm sure most folks have had to endure that in some way.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There's a significant difference between last offseason and this offseason with regard to Prescott's training. Instead of rehabbing his leg to be able to play, he can focus on QB stuff. I expect him to some a noticeable improvement from last season.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
My 3 a day works outs in high school would put these guys to shame....

League is full of softies....:popcorn:

Got a good idea...1/2 these guys are complaining about having to show up for these glorified photo shoots.

75boyz

Reaction score
Not sure if you've dealt with narcissists personally and closely.

They can be quite charming.

It's common enough where I'm sure most folks have had to endure that in some way.

Yep,
background in human behavior. I've seen it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's really it...

My point is if this was a thread of them yucking it up on a yacht in the bahamas somewhere, the tone of 80% of the posts would still be the same. lol
As suppose that I have a different definition of work ethic and leadership that you...or your phony "80%".
"voluntary"....as a pro athlete? While I am not sure *I* would have some specific tone if they were in the Bahamas....I am certainly not terrible impressed they are...Oooh wait for it...WORKING OUT! I would expect them to....voluntary or not. Commitment...leadership. "Captains". THIS...is the bare minimum.

We;re talking VERY well paid athletes already "off" for what? 2 months?

Good to see them working out....but it's not some impressive game changer.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As suppose that I have a different definition of work ethic and leadership that you...or your phony "80%".
"voluntary"....as a pro athlete? While I am not sure *I* would have some specific tone if they were in the Bahamas....I am certainly not terrible impressed they are...Oooh wait for it...WORKING OUT! I would expect them to....voluntary or not. Commitment...leadership. "Captains". THIS...is the bare minimum.

We;re talking VERY well paid athletes already "off" for what? 2 months?

Good to see them working out....but it's not some impressive game changer.
But who said it was an impressive game changer, sign of leadership, or anything? Not a single poster in this thread even suggested it. I posted the original tweets and made no commentary, which is what I do.

I commented on the tone to another poster, because I agreed with him they're just doing their job, but the level of snark would be the same regardless. Tis the season for it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
But we don't have captains. We've gone the woke, orange wedges, everyone is a captain and therefore special approach.

I don't think it's actual captains. It just means the players are heading it. Therefore the ones considered to be the leaders of the team, such as Prescott, Lawrence and Smith. What we going to call it? Everybody's a captain workouts?

Dre11

Reaction score
But if they WEREN'T working out. If there WEREN'T videos et al, then their bums. And if they DARE go on a vacation, then blasphemy... lol

Players can't win in the offseason...

Lol so true

conner01

Reaction score
So are you saying I should be impressed they are going to their jobs?
It’s not part of their jobs but you know that
How often do you do your job off the clock because that’s basically what they are doing