Carl Nicks "Expected to Leave the Saints" - Adam Schefter

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4378711 said:
so you cant find a draft source that brings to light this condition that he has..thanks

Now you're just being willfully obtuse... the condition exists, it does pose a medical threat to his NFL career, and if you have any intellectual honesty, you can verify that for your own self...

And the fact that SDogo says that scouts are aware of this issue is good enough for me, he has in the past been kind enough to outline his contacts in the scouting community, and they're dead solid...

silverbear

Reaction score
SDogo;4378717 said:
lmao

We will talk later.

He's not worth your time, he's clearly one of those "my mind's made up, don't bother confusing me with a lot of facts" individuals...

The way he's acting, you'd almost think he was Konz's momma...

silverbear

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4378805 said:
what happens if we dont sign a guard and DeCastro is taken? then we are screwed..

Yeah, DeCastro is the ONLY quality guard in this draft... if you don't draft him, you have no chance of improving the interior of your OL...

Gimme a break...

And who has suggested that we wouldn't try to sign a guard in free agency, anyway??

silverbear

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4378842 said:
admit im wrong? im not even arguing here..all i asked for was proof and i havent been given it..there is nothing to be right or wrong about..go ahead and show me..

You have already been shown repeatedly, but apparently you'll only accept it if you read it on Walter's Football Site...

ROTFLMAO...

Konz HAS had blood clot issues in the last coupla years... and as a doctor could tell you (and Eskimo has already explained very well), if he has a recurrence of those problems, he WILL have to go on blood thinners for the rest of his life...

And you can't play NFL football if you're on blood thinners... I mean, I don't know that that's a rule, it's just like Michael Irvin could technically have continued his career after he discovered his neck issue-- if he didn't mind literally losing his life to do so... if you're on blood thinners, the kind of contact encountered routinely in an NFL game could put your life at risk...

And I don't care if none of your precious draft sites have thought to mention that very real possibility... that's an indictment of their research...

silverbear

Reaction score
Eskimo;4378846 said:
Please explain to me what is unclear after reading post #27.

I'll try to clarify any points of confusion.

You're not a draft site, your explanation is completely irrelevant... I mean, EVERYBODY knows it's not true if you don't read it on a draft site...

silverbear

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4378854 said:
not sure what the problem here is...if its clear as day that there is an issue, why cant anyone show me a draft source that brings it to light..again, i am not suggesting that there isnt a problem..i just havent seen any other source label it as such..just asking for proof

Has it occurred to you that until the very recent past, Konz wasn't in the draft, therefore those websites that you seem to think are the oracles of the truth haven't yet studied him in detail??

Again, a man with ties to the NFL scouting community has already told you that scouts are well aware of this issue, which clearly means that NFL teams are too...

silverbear

Reaction score
Eskimo;4378882 said:
From population studies of all unprovoked DVT the rate of recurrence is 30% in the next 10 years.

I didn't know the numbers on that one until now, thanks for that... I had guessed that the probability would be lower than that...

That risk is still going to be higher because of the nature of his profession.

An obvious observation, but given the way this thread has gone, I guess it needed to be said...

silverbear

Reaction score
Star4Ever;4379086 said:
So you don't want to address our putrid secondary at all?

I don't seem to see where he ever suggested anything of the sort...

Signing Nicks in free agency doesn't mean the Boys couldn't also sign a quality free agent DB (or two)... drafting DeCastro in the first doesn't mean the Boys couldn't draft a good corner in the second round, or more DBs later on...

silverbear

Reaction score
Star4Ever;4380075 said:
Basically what I'm saying is I want (and the team desperately needs) a CB that can step in immediately as a starter. I want a first round pick there or a proven FA, which ever direction the front office decides to go.

Chase Minnifield in the draft, Aaron Ross or any of a number of other second tier corners in free agency... if you've already signed Nicks, you're not gonna pursue the very top free agent corners, but there is quality depth at the position...

Gimme Minnifield and Ross at corner, and Michael Griffin at safety, and I'd consider the secondary sufficiently addressed... wouldn't you??

The bottom line is we need help on the interior OL, but we desperately need to improve the defense. It cost us over and over this year.

No, the bottom line is we have the ability to do BOTH...

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Owner/general manager Jerry Jones, who made Leonard Davis one of the richest guards in NFL history only to cut him a few seasons later, has said he wants to stop the trend of paying top dollar for offensive linemen in free agency.

------
Also I don't see Schefter saying this. Just pft quoting him.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4380952 said:
Owner/general manager Jerry Jones, who made Leonard Davis one of the richest guards in NFL history only to cut him a few seasons later, has said he wants to stop the trend of paying top dollar for offensive linemen in free agency.

------
Also I don't see Schefter saying this. Just pft quoting him.
i think jerry was legitimately hurt and let down by the last bunch of players he paid handsomely to bring a championship to Dallas only to fail miserably and will bring those scorned feelings into any future dealings with high priced free agents. the guy must feel like **** whenever he takes a look at the salary cap numbers and sees some of the highest hits to the cap coming from ex-players.

silverbear

Reaction score
Star4Ever;4380233 said:
I should've said it obviously isn't your top priority, where it is with me. IMO our secondary and inability to pressure the QB when we really needed to was our biggest weaknesses.

IMO, the secret to the Cowboys' success during the Jimmuh and Jerruh Super Bowl runs was arguably the best offensive line in NFL history... IMO, if you have a truly dominating offensive line, you can cover up for a lot of deficiencies on your defense...

But again, you can build a kick-*** offensive line this offseason AND upgrade your secondary... it's a win-win...

Note that I'm not as set on the Nicks/DeCastro scenario as many in here are (though I certainly would take it); you could draft that stud corner in the first, and still draft a really good offensive lineman to complement Nicks in the second (Ben Jones and Kevin Zeitler come to mind)...

Basically, my draft approach would be to draft an interior offensive lineman and a corner in the first and second rounds, the order isn't all that important (let the way the draft shakes out determine that)... then target a pass rusher in the third round (Vinny Curry, Andre Branch, Jonathan Massaquoi, Brandon Lindsey)...

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
dboy214;4380954 said:
i think jerry was legitimately hurt and let down by the last bunch of players he paid handsomely to bring a championship to Dallas only to fail miserably and will bring those scorned feelings into any future dealings with high priced free agents. the guy must feel like **** whenever he takes a look at the salary cap numbers and sees some of the highest hits to the cap coming from ex-players.

Especially when he gave guys money when there was no reason to at the time. Why give T.O. a $10M golden parachute? What had RW11 done to be a top 5 paid WR? If you didn't give him that deal what was he gonna bolt? Dallas was his dream.

Newman should have been swapped out last year. You already made it public you tried to replace him. So instead of ripping off the band-aid quickly it was a year long pull ala Marc Colombo.

tupperware

A Plastic Container
Reaction score
cat1.jpg

IS TO

water_drop.JPG

AS

silverbear.jpg

IS TO

multiquote_off.gif

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Whatever it shakes out I just hope it shakes out Nicks being a Cowboy starting this coming season.

visionary

Reaction score
dboy214;4380954 said:

poor jerry

got hurt when he made some stupid decisions

i feel sorry for him already

sniff sniff "thats my GM" sniff sniff (in my best TO voice);)

burmafrd

Reaction score
I would never have paid Bigg that kind of money. Never. Same with Roy.

I think when paying big money for someone elses FA you have to look at him a lot closer and ask yourself this

Why was that team willing to let him go??

Was it a fact they could not afford to keep him or some other reason.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
burmafrd;4381143 said:
I would never have paid Bigg that kind of money. Never. Same with Roy.

I think when paying big money for someone elses FA you have to look at him a lot closer and ask yourself this

Why was that team willing to let him go??

Was it a fact they could not afford to keep him or some other reason.

I think that THE question to ask when signing a big ticket free agent. Good point.

With Davis, I think a lot of people (probably myself included), talked themselves into thinking he shouldn't be at tackle where Arizona was using him and that he'd play better at guard where he wouldn't have to have the foot quickness.

In 2007 it looked that way... after that however, he went downhill fast.

newlander

Reaction score
visionary;4381110 said:
poor jerry

got hurt when he made some stupid decisions

i feel sorry for him already

sniff sniff "thats my GM" sniff sniff (in my best TO voice);)

.........Jerrah the GM sucks......nothing new there. He can be butt hurt all he wants: he's the one that made all the poor signings and CONTINUES to do so...do any of you honestly think a real team with a solid GM like the giants would have signed Spears or Sensibaugh or Scandrick recently? All three of those clowns DISAPPEARED down the stretch....they simply aren't very good: period. :bang2: