Carson Wentz Take Note: Dak Calls Out Teammates

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
That's I said. They don't seem close anymore. Maybe it was just adrenaline from their rookie season, but their friendship has declined. Forgot who it was, but someone showed "Proof" that they were fine because they texted over the holdout, but that doesn't prove much. Wonder what drove them apart along with the rest of this locker room..?
Whoa.....I "think" the locker room is fine. Like I said, my comment was my opinion. J have nothing substantial to prove either/or. Just kind of noticed a distance between the two........but that could be nothing.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Amari Cooper-"Most quarterbacks don't have the best bodies or probably don't really care much about the weight room because they're more on the cerebral side of the game, but this guy takes every rep seriously," Cooper said. "He doesn't miss a rep and I think that's a big part of who he is. He's just a competitor, he wants to do everything the right way. I haven't played with too many guys like Dak Prescott, so I think he definitely deserves everything that's coming to him. He definitely deserves to be paid amongst the highest-paid quarterbacks in the league."

Thats just one with 30 seconds of looking. Thats one on the offense that you said doesnt respect him.

Okay. 2 people on a 53 man roster. What percentage is that? 0.037%? Amari, Jason Witten, and Jason Garrett, your 2019 Dak Prescott Supporters. What about Gallup, Cobb, Austin, Zeke, La'el, Tyron, Connor Williams, Blake Jarwin, D-Law, Jaylon Smith, LVE, Travis Frederick, Joe Looney, Zach Martin, etc. say about him? Or is that all you could find? I want this team to respect him, I really do, but they don't at this point and he didn't make it any better for himself by calling them out.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I agree that from a leader standpoint, your rephrase is definitely better....That doesn't mean that he's not right, but that wording.... and if said in the locker room and it was leaked, that is one thing. But if it was said to a reporter directly to call his team out publicly, that might create some ire.

Again, he's right...but if he handled it by way of media..ouch.

@phildadon86 This is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say. You gonna disagree with him too?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Whoa.....I "think" the locker room is fine. Like I said, my comment was my opinion. J have nothing substantial to prove either/or. Just kind of noticed a distance between the two........but that could be nothing.

I am agreeing with you though. They have distanced themselves from over the years and that's fine. That tends to happen overtime with friends anyways. But I don't know, something is... off. Maybe they were just good friends their rookie year because of all the hype following the two, but I'm not sure. It kind of sucks to see two of our best players split over time like that. I'm sure they're fine, just not as close as they used to be.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Okay. 2 people on a 53 man roster. What percentage is that? 0.037%? Amari, Jason Witten, and Jason Garrett, your 2019 Dak Prescott Supporters. What about Gallup, Cobb, Austin, Zeke, La'el, Tyron, Connor Williams, Blake Jarwin, D-Law, Jaylon Smith, LVE, Travis Frederick, Joe Looney, Zach Martin, etc. say about him? Or is that all you could find? I want this team to respect him, I really do, but they don't at this point and he didn't make it any better for himself by calling them out.
Have you met our offensive lineman? They arent much for words. Look at Wentz offensive lineman. Its like they like watching him get hit. You are literally trying to prove something neither of us can based on body language. lol. Just stop .

phildadon86

Reaction score
@phildadon86 This is a perfect example of what I'm trying to say. You gonna disagree with him too?
Yes I am. This franchises players have been coddled and spoiled for too long. Dak was hit way too much against the Jets trying to win. I would be livid too. Its not the first time. If there are people slacking off in practice, CALL THEM OUT. Because we know our coach wont.

CoachD

Reaction score
Yes I am. This franchises players have been coddled and spoiled for too long. Dak was hit way too much against the Jets trying to win. I would be livid too. Its not the first time. If there are people slacking off in practice, CALL THEM OUT. Because we know our coach wont.

How do I know that Dak is the right man for the job. He got hammered over and over and over again on Sunday but something magical happened, HE KEPT GETTING UP!

phildadon86

Reaction score
How do I know that Dak is the right man for the job. He got hammered over and over and over again on Sunday but something magical happened, HE KEPT GETTING UP!
Not respected by his teammates though

CoachD

Reaction score
Not respected by his teammates though

How can you not when the O-line is personally responsible for getting him killed but still put them in a position to win the game? How in the hell can you not respect a guy like this??? Now if I notice something like that so should they! Reggie White noticed a similar situation in 1991 when they sacked Aikman 11 times but every time Aikman got hit he kept getting up and that's when White knew Aikman was going to be a great quarterback!

phildadon86

Reaction score
How can you not when the O-line is personally responsible for getting him killed but still put them in a position to win the game? How in the hell can you not respect a guy like this??? Now if I notice something like that so should they! Reggie White noticed a similar situation in 1991 when they sacked Aikman 11 times but every time Aikman got hit he kept getting up and that's when White knew Aikman was going to be a great quarterback!
Ask @AmariChill . The teams body language says they dont respect him. So do the lack of quotes regarding his "respect level". Also the tell tale video of no one coming to his aid when the GB idiot was in his face. Those are the deductions this person came to regarding the respect the QB for the Dallas Cowboys garners from the people in the locker room. Its funny. I looked up other teams comments on the QB. Hard to find. I dont see many quotes regarding Mahomes, Rodgers, etc. But the lack of quotes about Dak means hes not respected. Maybe it means players dont discuss their QB?

CoachD

Reaction score
Ask @AmariChill . The teams body language says they dont respect him. So do the lack of quotes regarding his "respect level". Also the tell tale video of no one coming to his aid when the GB idiot was in his face. Those are the deductions this person came to regarding the respect the QB for the Dallas Cowboys garners from the people in the locker room. Its funny. I looked up other teams comments on the QB. Hard to find. I dont see many quotes regarding Mahomes, Rodgers, etc. But the lack of quotes about Dak means hes not respected. Maybe it means players dont discuss their QB?

Well I totally disagree! I think the players respect Prescott and respect him a lot! As far as the GB thing in concerned Dak can handle himself regardless if nobody came to "his aid". Dak is a tough dude and he doesn't need any assistance from anyone!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You sound like Philly fan.

I sound like someone who has paid attention to football and see a coach who got his first Super Bowl victory in his second year as HC, while the other has been with the same team since 2007 and has a couple of wild card round victories to show for it.

I would hope the rest of our fan base was a little more realistic as I am.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Guess what? You're misguided and on the Dak hate train! All the rah-rah crap you speak of is a great leader speaking his mind and that is what great leaders do... The question is will the coach put us in a better position to win by not only putting together a great gameplan but motivating the players in believing they're still a great team that can win.

I find it funny that you say "If Wentz wins on Sunday".. Wentz or Dak could win by playing horribly if the rest of the team plays great! It's kind of like saying if Zeke wins which sounds ridiculous.. It's a team game! Dak is speaking his truth and works hard for his team while he continually sees them sleepwalking..

One team already has a Super Bowl victory, genius. Which is why I pointed out who the Eagles true leader is. Let's go through the names

Dak, Wentz, Pederson, Garrett - all the players mentioned. Tell me who has Super Bowl rings and who doesn't? Maybe think this time. The NFL didn't start in 2019. Take your time, don't hurt yourself.

And I already brought up, go read what people have to say about Aaron Rodgers - it's worse than what anonymous players are saying about Wentz. Who has rings? Again, none of this freakin' crap matters. Here's the motivation for players: Do your job or you're fired. Performance and execution is the best form of leadership, not this "rah rah" crap - if grown men can't get up to do their job the best they can, no form of big Dak talk is going to change a thing.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Work on this: slant route throws in front of the receiver not behind

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I sound like someone who has paid attention to football and see a coach who got his first Super Bowl victory in his second year as HC, while the other has been with the same team since 2007 and has a couple of wild card round victories to show for it.

I would hope the rest of our fan base was a little more realistic as I am.

Nick Foles won that game, not Wentz. The so called wonder genius coach is .500 and fighting to survive. He lucked into a SB and ain’t winning poo more.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Nick Foles won that game, not Wentz. The so called wonder genius coach is .500 and fighting to survive. He lucked into a SB and ain’t winning poo more.

I didn't mention Wentz, I mentioned the HC. You want to actually address the point here? I specifically said in my original post, the true leader is Pederson because Pederson KNOWS what he is doing. It's not rah-rah BS, he gets it done because he's a talented HC that has put together a system that has proven to win in this league.

I'm not into this old school rival debate that makes you automatically hate the opposing QB, "WHO IZ BETTER DAK OR WINCE?" - Grow up, child. Mommy still put you to bed after games? You can't even address the point I was making, yet you want to argue?

And he "lucked" into a Super Bowl? You just mentioned a coach that not only had to overcome injuries on the defensive and offensive side of the ball, but he beat the Falcons, Vikings, and Patriots. Two of those teams were in the previous Super Bowl, one of those teams has won 6 out of their 9 Super Bowl appearances. If anything, it shows it's NOT "luck", it shows coaching overcame injuries, had solid depth, and had a great game plan going into the Super Bowl.

I mean, just shut up, dude. You're reaching into the beyond for an argument. Embarrassing.

Dre11

Reaction score
I randomly came across this article and thought it was very interesting given the source.
https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phi...wboys-dak-prescott-carson-wentz-20191017.html
https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phi...wboys-dak-prescott-carson-wentz-20191017.html

FRISCO, Texas -- Leaders send messages. The Cowboys’ quarterback had a clear message for his teammates Thursday.

Work Harder.

Like Me.

“I think it’s a mental thing. I think it’s some ways guys are preparing. Maybe they need to prepare a little bit more, here and there,” Prescott said.

This is the sort of leadership, pointed and steely, that championship football demands. When players hold each other accountable they thrive. It was so for the Eagles in 2017, and they’ve struggled to match that level of accountability since.

You’re seeing it from Prescott in Dallas now, a more distilled and potent version of the Prescott who, as a fourth-round rookie, took the franchise by its neck in 2016 and has since guided it to two NFC East titles.

Will you ever see it from Carson Wentz in Philadelphia? Because now might be a good time for a dose of it.

" ‘How much does this mean to you?’ " Prescott said. “We’re 3-3, in a spot with a chance to play a big-time game, play a division rival, somebody we’re very familiar with, and we know they’re familiar with us. If you can’t bring your best for this game, and if you can’t prepare your best each and every day, something’s wrong with you.”

He sent the message to everyone -- even big-time teammates nursing themselves back to health

Amari Cooper’s locker is eight feet from Prescott’s. Cooper missed practice Wednesday and Thursday with a thigh injury that he aggravated in the first quarter of Sunday’s loss to the Jets. Immediately after Prescott’s high-decibel proclamation, Cooper announced that he expected to practice the next day.

Prescott noticed that offensive tackles Tryon Smith and La’el Collins, who missed Sunday’s game, participated in lineman drills Thursday, and Prescott made no secret whom he hopes to see protecting his flanks Sunday night:

“They looked good enough to me," he quipped

Here's the interview

Check out @dallascowboys's Tweet: