Carson Wentz Take Note: Dak Calls Out Teammates

gmb1

Reaction score
I think Dak is calling out the coaching staff more than the teammates. It's all connected tho.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Guess what? If Dak loses on Sunday, all this rah-rah crap means nothing. If Wentz wins on Sunday, his teammates will suddenly think he's the greatest leader they've ever had.

Ws matter more than anything. All this stuff is tabloid BS if you can't execute on Sundays. They have Pederson, we have Garrett - they have the better true leader on their team. Doesn't matter how crappy Wentz is at it.

who cares about perception after the fact? the question is whether doing this or not affects a team's chances to win.

I'm not interested in the defeatist attitude that Garrett precludes us from winning. it all matters.

cern

Reaction score
I don't think dak's throwing anyone under the bus. frankly, he's not stating the truth adamantly enough.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Ask @AmariChill . The teams body language says they dont respect him. So do the lack of quotes regarding his "respect level". Also the tell tale video of no one coming to his aid when the GB idiot was in his face. Those are the deductions this person came to regarding the respect the QB for the Dallas Cowboys garners from the people in the locker room. Its funny. I looked up other teams comments on the QB. Hard to find. I dont see many quotes regarding Mahomes, Rodgers, etc. But the lack of quotes about Dak means hes not respected. Maybe it means players dont discuss their QB?

I said this in another thread. Body languages tells a lot more than you think. Example: Let’s say you’re at work. Someone comes in with bruises, their arms crossed, mascara down their face from crying, etc. You ask if they are okay and they say they are indeed okay. Their body language tells you otherwise, however. You gonna believe the lie that comes out of their mouth or the body language that shows otherwise? The “GB idiot” situation was telling as well. Many people discussed this topic and found it strange. If I was ever in a small dispute like that, I have friends that would come to my aid to at least calm things down or figure out what was going on. Dak didn’t have that. Not his RB, none of his O-linemen near him. No one. Just because he “handled it on his own” doesn’t mean he should have handle s it by himself.

Also, a lot of QB’s (besides Rodgers because no one likes him) have a lot of respect and likability from their teammates. Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are really close to Mahomes and much has been said from them about him. Dak doesn’t have that respect (and I believe that that’s sad because he does deserve respect. Maybe that’s why he snapped and took shots at his teammates).

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Yes I am. This franchises players have been coddled and spoiled for too long. Dak was hit way too much against the Jets trying to win. I would be livid too. Its not the first time. If there are people slacking off in practice, CALL THEM OUT. Because we know our coach wont.

No need to tell the media though. Keep that within the institution, would ya? That does nothing but stir controversy. He could’ve said something simple to the media and said something at practice to the players that “need to prepare better.”

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Guess what? If Dak loses on Sunday, all this rah-rah crap means nothing. If Wentz wins on Sunday, his teammates will suddenly think he's the greatest leader they've ever had.

Ws matter more than anything. All this stuff is tabloid BS if you can't execute on Sundays. They have Pederson, we have Garrett - they have the better true leader on their team. Doesn't matter how crappy Wentz is at it.

if we win on Sunday, you will find some way to crap on it

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
At this point in the season, I have nothing but admiration for anyone on this team that wants to stand up and be a leader.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
who cares about perception after the fact? the question is whether doing this or not affects a team's chances to win.

I'm not interested in the defeatist attitude that Garrett precludes us from winning. it all matters.

It does nothing. Dak hasn't won crap, why would anyone listen to him at this point? People listen to Brady when he critiques because he's won something. Again, winning is what matters - you execute, prove yourself on the field and THEN you can critique the players around you.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
if we win on Sunday, you will find some way to crap on it

And you are another person who missed the point of my post. I am pointing out how all this "rah rah" stuff doesn't matter either way - it's always shifting. You even see it on this board, all these players being talked up because we had a stretch of wins to finish off last season. All the bad got overlooked. You want to know what makes teams like Crimson Tide and Patriots so good? They aren't celebrating these small freakin' wins and then stunned and wondering how it all went wrong when they get busted in the chops. Leaders are leaders in the bad times and the good times, as of right now we have nothing but a bunch of losers who were riding high a few weeks ago and now want to start pointing fingers when it's too late.

It reminds me very much like 2009 - maybe if things were pointed out a little earlier, 2010 wouldn't have been a disaster.

nobody

Reaction score
It does nothing. Dak hasn't won crap, why would anyone listen to him at this point? People listen to Brady when he critiques because he's won something. Again, winning is what matters - you execute, prove yourself on the field and THEN you can critique the players around you.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Some guys have an innate talent to motivate those around them without having won anything yet. They do it with either raw charisma, busting their butt and it showing, etc. Those guys are usually a little better about how and when it's appropriate. That kind of call out is better in the locker room and not in the media from a team cohesion standpoint.

Teammates are like brothers. Sure there are fights and disagreements and they sometimes can't stand each other, but when all is said and done, brothers have each others' backs. They fight for each other. This team needs to remember how to do that. It's not about supporting this mediocre coaching...it's about supporting each other. Pushing through the difficulties for your teammates and yourself to achieve something great together.

They really need that "us vs them" mentality and play with that mindset and passion.... It's *US*...not *I*

black label

Reaction score
Ermj.gif

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Winning is not a requirement to calling someone out if its needed. If you screw up or not working hard enough then it is what it is. As good as he can be he cant play defense so if they are soft thats on them. I think i heard Chris Carter say today that football is more of team game than any other sport because it depends so much on what the guy is doing next to you. In places like the o-line, that matters greatly. At QB, that again matters even more to receivers. Bottom line is no one should be exempt from calling out others even him and some of his throws.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Wow....so the team leader tries to fire the team up for a big game, tries to get them more focused, more prepared, which may lead to better execution and fewer penalties, and fans are so disgruntled that they want to attack that as well. Crazy! Like don’t talk or lead unless you win first....wow!

I don’t care if you’re Troy Aikman, Tony Romo, or Quincy Carter! If you are a team captain, I want you to step up and lead, even if you’ve lost your starting job or are not playing well. Your teammates chose you to lead them, but some of you fans refuse to see anything positive. I swear if Garrett called out the players for stupid penalties and told them it had to stop or someone else would be playing, you’d complain about his clapping and say he should keep his mouth shut.....so frustrating.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
So be it...
Bottom line is Dak Prescott is our QB, rather you like that or not.
I want my QB to be the team leader, that's how you put rings on fingers.
Im only looking at the next week opponent and that's the Eagles, another 3-3 team.
That's a top game of the season, believe it or not that's where this division is right now,, first place pending.
So if Daks talk falls on deaf ears so be it, but all Im saying is at least someone laying it out on this team, and this team needs a leader,,, right now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I randomly came across this article and thought it was very interesting given the source.
https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phi...wboys-dak-prescott-carson-wentz-20191017.html
https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phi...wboys-dak-prescott-carson-wentz-20191017.html

FRISCO, Texas -- Leaders send messages. The Cowboys’ quarterback had a clear message for his teammates Thursday.

Work Harder.

Like Me.

“I think it’s a mental thing. I think it’s some ways guys are preparing. Maybe they need to prepare a little bit more, here and there,” Prescott said.

This is the sort of leadership, pointed and steely, that championship football demands. When players hold each other accountable they thrive. It was so for the Eagles in 2017, and they’ve struggled to match that level of accountability since.

You’re seeing it from Prescott in Dallas now, a more distilled and potent version of the Prescott who, as a fourth-round rookie, took the franchise by its neck in 2016 and has since guided it to two NFC East titles.

Will you ever see it from Carson Wentz in Philadelphia? Because now might be a good time for a dose of it.

" ‘How much does this mean to you?’ " Prescott said. “We’re 3-3, in a spot with a chance to play a big-time game, play a division rival, somebody we’re very familiar with, and we know they’re familiar with us. If you can’t bring your best for this game, and if you can’t prepare your best each and every day, something’s wrong with you.”

He sent the message to everyone -- even big-time teammates nursing themselves back to health

Amari Cooper’s locker is eight feet from Prescott’s. Cooper missed practice Wednesday and Thursday with a thigh injury that he aggravated in the first quarter of Sunday’s loss to the Jets. Immediately after Prescott’s high-decibel proclamation, Cooper announced that he expected to practice the next day.

Prescott noticed that offensive tackles Tryon Smith and La’el Collins, who missed Sunday’s game, participated in lineman drills Thursday, and Prescott made no secret whom he hopes to see protecting his flanks Sunday night:

“They looked good enough to me," he quipped

This is both shocking and troubling. Dak is all but saying that guys are unprepared and not working hard enough. There is the country club, we made it, entitled attitude that we see a lot of here in Dallas. But its also a bad look on the coaches that these guys aren't prepared.