Carson Wentz will play for Cowboys coaching staff at Sr Bowl.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Lol Mayock you mean the same Mayock was was crucified by GMs in 2014? Mayock the same Mayock that said Dallas was stupid for reaching for Fredrick? some expert.

Mayock on blaine Gabbert lol
Anyway, NFL Network’s Mike Mayock said he didn’t need to see Gabbert throw in Indianapolis. Based on the tape, he’s a huge fan. Mayock sees four quarterbacks with first-round ability: Gabbert, Auburn’s Cam Newton, Washington’s Jake Locker and Arkansas’ Ryan Mallet, but Gabbert is the only one he viewed as a top-10 pick coming out of the combine.

Show me the person who get's their evaluations 100% spot on for every player.

Mayock is one of the better ones.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
U dont think you could pick a player at 4 who can help the team next yr and still pick a QB in rd 2? Or trade down and pick up a Qb like Wentz later in the round or use that extra pick to trade up? I just see it a lose situation to pick a player at 4 who is a project. 3 QBs who dont even take snaps under center. QBs who play in a spread offense who get their plays by flash cards instead of verbal communication. QBs like Hackenberg, Cook, Hogan, all run a pro style offense and who had under par years because the talent around them was garbage. Especially Hackenberg. I think he is made for a offense like Dallas' because the offense doesnt call for anything outside the box. Its straight up man football. smashmouth if you will. Hackenberg had a whole lot of success running this type of offense under bill obrien. He left and Hackenberg was left with a HC who tried to run what most college teams are running with no OL at that. You dont reach for QBs especially that high. Just a few weeks ago everybody was saying Lynch was the top guy, now all of the sudden they are saying he's a middle of round 1 guy, and Wentz went from a legit middle of round 2 to top 4? lol. the top guy Goff was 9tds and 9 ints against ranked opponents and lost every single one of them games. There is too much uncertainty with these QBs to select one at 4 IMO. And i hope Dallas feels this way too. There is too much proven talent to pick besides QB.

That is why I'm so looking forward to the senior bowl. I want to see how they play these QBs. Especially Wentz and Brissett the only two on the North's roster that possess the physical talent to be NFL starters.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Matt Miller on Wentz

-North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz led the Bison to his second straight FCS title (five straight for the team, two for Wentz as a starter) this season. I reached out to get a feeling on Wentz's draft stock after the game, and one high-level AFC scout told me he's the No. 1 quarterback on their board, even though they don't expect him to be around when they pick late in the first round.

he has Wentz going 7th to the 49ers in his mock.I realy hope he can live upto the hype in the senior bowl.

warroom

Reaction score
Ive never heard Mayock being called a expert. Ever. Mayock has a nice 100 prospect list, but even then Gosselins is better. But Mayock predicting picks has always been a joke

You may not like what he says, but he is probably the most respected of the televised scouts.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/15/mike-mayock-is-a-wanted-man/
Mayock told Joe Rose on WQAM Thursday (Via Omar Kelly) that he’s had “three or four offers to join NFL front offices” but that “it wasn’t the right time.”

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
None of them predict picks well. Not Mayock, Kiper, McShay, any of them. And let's be honest about Gosselin. All he did was pump sources the night before the draft, put it in an article and suddenly he was considered some expert. Far from it.

I don't get people who slam TV scouts or real scouts for being wrong about a player.

If you're always wrong then fine but I've seen Mayock be right a lot of times as well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Matt Miller on Wentz

-North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz led the Bison to his second straight FCS title (five straight for the team, two for Wentz as a starter) this season. I reached out to get a feeling on Wentz's draft stock after the game, and one high-level AFC scout told me he's the No. 1 quarterback on their board, even though they don't expect him to be around when they pick late in the first round.

he has Wentz going 7th to the 49ers in his mock.I realy hope he can live upto the hype in the senior bowl.

Doesn't surprise me.

Up until a week ago all I heard was Goff and Lynch and just assumed those were top 2..'

Then when I saw Wentz play I immediately put him ahead of Lynch myself.

sbark

Reaction score
Matt Miller on Wentz

Don't see him as a chipper type qb....

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me.

Up until a week ago all I heard was Goff and Lynch and just assumed those were top 2..'

Curious why, he has a similar skill set to Lynch, yet played against less competition. Hard to say either can physically do anything the other can't, Lynch imo is just a bit safer.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Curious why, he has a similar skill set to Lynch, yet played against less competition. Hard to say either can physically do anything the other can't, Lynch imo is just a bit safer.

To me... Lynch just looks like he's going to give me a lot of Joe Flacco performance.

Wentz looks like more of a playmaker and will do a lot of the same things as Andrew Luck does moving the football.

I don't care about the competition really. I look at the physical ability and what he can do and I just see so much more upside with Wentz than I do Lynch.

The tough choice as of now is between Goff and Wentz for me.

Guys like Connor Cook.. I just imagine them playing on a JAson Garrett coached team and I just can't see it being much better than it was with Weeden, Cassell, and Moore.

I think with Garrett you have to have a QB who is not only great in the pocket but can either improvise at a high level or just run at a high level and Wentz looks like he can improvise and run at potentially a high level.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
To me... Lynch just looks like he's going to give me a lot of Joe Flacco performance.

Wentz looks like more of a playmaker and will do a lot of the same things as Andrew Luck does moving the football.

Fwiw, NDSU has won 5 straight D1AA national championships. 3 before Wentz contributed in any meaningful way, 1 with him at the helm and this past year where NDSU went 7-0 with his back-up, including playoffs (Wentz onlly played in championship).

Lynch on the other hand, has lead Memphis to back to back winning season (22-7), when they haven't had a winning season since 2007

I don't care about the competition really. I look at the physical ability and what he can do and I just see so much more upside with Wentz than I do Lynch.

It's fair to not care about competition, but I would ask, what physical ability do you see in Wentz that you do not see in Lynch? Arm Strength? Mobility? Mechanics? Accuracy numbers are really similar, but by the time you start comparing accuracy, you do have to some what factor in competition, because obviously Wentz is going to have larger windows to work with.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I think with Garrett you have to have a QB who is not only great in the pocket but can either improvise at a high level or just run at a high level and Wentz looks like he can improvise and run at potentially a high level.

Between the top 3 QBs, Goff has shown literally no ability to run and I don't see how you can favor one over the other when it comes to Lynch and Wentz. Both put up good rushing yard totals and TD totals (Wentz had 6 last year and this year, Lynch only had 2 this year, but 13 the year before...13) and are likely to run similar 40 times

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Between the top 3 QBs, Goff has shown literally no ability to run and I don't see how you can favor one over the other when it comes to Lynch and Wentz. Both put up good rushing yard totals and TD totals (Wentz had 6 last year and this year, Lynch only had 2 this year, but 13 the year before...13) and are likely to run similar 40 times

Fair enough man. It's just what I think as of now.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Fair enough man. It's just what I think as of now.

I'm not attempting to get you or anyone to like Lynch more as a prospect, really just pointing out how similar they are. Now if Wentz has a great Senior Bowl week and out throws Lynch at the combine/pro day circuit, he very well may be viewed as a superior prospect, I just don't see how anyone can feel that way now.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me.

Always good to evaluate a guy based on one game.