Carson Wentz will play for Cowboys coaching staff at Sr Bowl.

MikeT22

Reaction score
He won't be there in the second. His stock is rising and one team will draft him in the teens, maybe higher.

I wouldn't mind us trading down to lower in the top 10 and taking him if he has a good Senior Bowl week and combine and rises.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I'm not attempting to get you or anyone to like Lynch more as a prospect, really just pointing out how similar they are. Now if Wentz has a great Senior Bowl week and out throws Lynch at the combine/pro day circuit, he very well may be viewed as a superior prospect, I just don't see how anyone can feel that way now.

Most people round here have soured on Lynch due to his bowl performance, however while he didn't play well he got no help from the rest of his team (sound familiar?).

Both Geoff's and Wentz's teams both gave their respective QB plenty (especially Wentz's).

Again it's the whole body of work that needs to be evaluated not just one game.

I like all three and would be happy with any but I still think Lynch will be good.

warroom

Reaction score
Mattock isn't and has never been a scout. He's a analyst on TV. No different then kiper and mcshay

Your comment was "I've never heard Mayock being called a expert." The point of my post was to highlight that 3 or 4 NFL team thought highly enough of his work to offer him a position in their front office. That meets my definition of and expert but I understand that your mileage may vary. The one key difference between Mayock and Kiper/McShay - Mayock played the game. Steelers and Giants. I think he knows what an NFL football player looks like.

waving monkey

Reaction score
  • image: http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/images/fball/ramsb_logo.gif

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/images/fball/ramsb_logo.gif Los Angeles Rams: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
    image: http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/NorthDakotaState_logo.gif

http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/NorthDakotaState_logo.gif
    The Los Angeles Rams - it feels weird to type that again - are moving back to their previous home, so given that, it would make sense for them to draft a quarterback to generate even more hype. Besides, it's not like they don't need a signal-caller; Case Keenum was just fine at the end of last season, but is he going to sell tickets? I don't think so.

Carson Wentz's stock has been surging, and I think he has overtaken Connor Cook at the moment. Wentz showed well in the 1-AA championship, while Cook has done nothing but destroy his draft stock.

Pick change; previously Connor Cook, QB

Read more at http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2016.php#CG8BphqLi1TDUjrG.99

as of Jan 14 in the eyes of some Wentz is moving up the board

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score

waving monkey

Reaction score

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They should hold that pick hostage and get a boatload of picks as ransom.

If you are a team looking to move up into the top of the draft for the QB you covet, who has more leverage?

1. Tennessee Titans - no
2. Cleveland Browns - yes
3. San Diego Chargers - no
4. Dallas Cowboys - maybe
5. Jacksonville Jaguars - no
6. Baltimore Ravens - no
7. San Francisco 49ers - yes

Seems to me the Chargers would have more "hostage taking" ability than Dallas would.

Primetime42

Reaction score
If you are a team looking to move up into the top of the draft for the QB you covet, who has more leverage?

1. Tennessee Titans - no
6. Baltimore Ravens - no

Seems to me the Chargers would have more "hostage taking" ability than Dallas would.

I don't disagree, but I'm still making the effort.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

1. Tennessee Titans - no
6. Baltimore Ravens - no

Seems to me a team who might actually want to take a QB, would have more leverage in a trade than teams who don't. The only team with more leverage than Dallas is Cleveland.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Cowboys taking serious training equipment, entire media department to the Senior Bowl this year according to Mickey.

sbark

Reaction score
Not saying the Cowboys personnel evaluators are either good or bad. But after watching them stick with Stephen McGee for 3 years, Weedon for 2, Dustin Vaughn thru 2 training camps and a full season..........................will a week at the Senior bowl really give them the info they need to tell them his value in the draft?

Would've thought looks at training camp on all 3 of the aforementioned would've led them to believe there was no improvement possibilities................and yet they kept trying to "coach them up", without success.

Cant they "coach them up" due to the teachers on staff, or is the scheme with its theory of "win the one-on ones" incompatible with improvement except for those with All-Pro heads on their shoulders.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Why couldn't we of got the #4 pick in 2011...now that was a year. Best of all time if not 2nd for sure. This draft doesn't look great. Wentz, Goff, Lynch..yuck.